Death on the slopes 1/26/17

enjoralas

Interesting.

They drove him to pocono?

Sounds like he was pretty much done already then.

Statistically speaking a place like blue or camelback will have one skier or rider death about once every two years based on skier visits. On any given day you have about a one in a million chance of dying on the slopes. You have a way better chance of dying on the drive to and from the mountain.

Yeah, talk about dying on the way to and from Blue. I have to find a different way. The drive home has been really sketchy on 78. And I'm usually on it by 3 pm. Not exactly what I would call rush hour. See too many people cutting across 2 lanes of traffic to get to their exit. Someone suggested 378 through Bethlehem, west on 22 to Airport Road, then backroads. How long would I be on 22?

Yeah, talk about dying on the way to and from Blue. I have to find a different way. The drive home has been really sketchy on 78. And I'm usually on it by 3 pm. Not exactly what I would call rush hour. See too many people cutting across 2 lanes of traffic to get to their exit. Someone suggested 378 through Bethlehem, west on 22 to Airport Road, then backroads. How long would I be on 22?

You actually never even get on 22. The exit ramp for 378 become the exit ramp for Airport Rd on 22. On the way home you would have to merge into 22 east for about 1/4 mile before exiting onto 378.

That's my route home from work almost every day as I live 2 miles from the airport.

During rush hour the ramp does back up some, but those of us exiting to Airport road have taken to tossing on the right blinker to signal that we're exiting and cautiously using the shoulder to keep moving.

I'm not sure but I may have started that trend about 7 years ago, lol

• Like 2

You actually never even get on 22. The exit ramp for 378 become the exit ramp for Airport Rd on 22. On the way home you would have to merge into 22 east for about 1/4 mile before exiting onto 378.

That's my route home from work almost every day as I live 2 miles from the airport.

During rush hour the ramp does back up some, but those of us exiting to Airport road have taken to tossing on the right blinker to signal that we're exiting and cautiously using the shoulder to keep moving.

I'm not sure but I may have started that trend about 7 years ago, lol

Yes, this. I just didn't want to type this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started the thread, I can jack it where I want to!

Also, it was meta-topical since we were saying that driving to the mountain is more dangerous than skiing, and then talking about ways momskeez can avoid 22 when going to the True, and avoiding 22 is the safest thing you can do on 4 wheels.

• Like 1

Also, it was meta-topical since we were saying that driving to the mountain is more dangerous than skiing, and then talking about ways momskeez can avoid 22 when going to the True, and avoiding 22 is the safest thing you can do on 4 wheels.

You don't have to explain I'm the king of threadjacks.

You ski blue yesterday or today?? Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich