Back to Brighton 2-8-17

RidgeRacer

Great day so far. Spent most of the day skiing off of Great Western. We found a ton of really deep stuff in the OB area off of Great Western lift. Dan ended up on someone's driveway. I found myself climbing uphill. Lots of good, untracked stuff in the trees (and even some right in plain sight) pretty much every where. Not crazy soft but still really good. Good day for sure.

22771215189f37529bb4963655cac1de.jpg

b306758a5fb3b1fa3accc83b29c647ef.jpg

• Like 3

I still fucking love this place. Not real sure how they got off on reporting 7" overnight, but they didnt get anything. Its a good "day aftrr the storm" type conditions. Can still locate some nice pockets of deep stuff, but it is on the heavier side. Trees are still good. Mixing in some nice groomers so we can keep it going till the bell rings. Stopped this morning to pick up a pair of nordica enforcer 100 to demo. Nice ski. They only had it in 169, and i think i would really like to be in the 183 range.

Lunch is over. Enjoy the day tomorrow, it looks like Blue will get the goods. Maybe even skitoLive will make it out. Oh, wait, powder makes homestretch even less managable. I hate that.

post-1753-0-83300700-1486581943_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

JFDan Brighton didn't report 7" overnight they reported 7" in the last 24 hours and 0 overnight. It seemed fishy so I checked earlier.

JFDan Brighton didn't report 7" overnight they reported 7" in the last 24 hours and 0 overnight. It seemed fishy so I checked earlier.

Actually 9" 24 hours but 0 inches overnight. post-512-0-15951100-1486582183_thumb.png

Sorry for being so detail oriented but you have to be in the tombstone business.

Great day today to cap off the trip. Spent the latter half of the day skiing Mt. Millicent...the bowl, trees, etc. We made our way to an out of bounds area off of the traverse. Shit was spicy in there but the snow was pretty good. Only way out was hopping off a cliff or a really tight squeeze between two rock ledges. We chose the latter. Dan skied it like he does it every fucking day then starts yelling at me to point them and go. haha. Capped it off with a few groomer runs off of crest and called it a day around 4pm. Blue bird and sun all day long which is not what was forecasted but no one is complaining. Some sun baked crud in spots but still some decent stuff in the trees. Conditions were nothing like Monday or yesterday morning but it was so nice to see the sun.

Brighton is a great place. Glad I could spend a little time there this go around (missed skiing it the last few times here). Will definitely be back.

• Like 2

Nice report Ridge did you have any wipeouts??

Nope. Although I almost jacked myself up pretty good at Snowbird yesterday on a traverse called "scary corner". I had no idea that I needed speed to get over a hump on the traverse. I slowed down and ended up getting myself into a bind. Remained upright though. Won't forget next time around.

• Like 1

Pics make this look like it has the same pitch as homestretch, but its quite the opposite.

post-1753-0-00238800-1486604481_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-54613100-1486604572_thumb.jpg

I really enjoy Brighton. Parking lot was packed when we left, but liftlines were nothing, not having to do the human slalom to ski groomers at a good clip was nice. From the looks of the line at the ticket window at 4pm, it looks like they di quite a good business night skiing. The trails for night skiing werent all bombed out either.

• Like 3

Great day so far. Spent most of the day skiing off of Great Western. We found a ton of really deep stuff in the OB area off of Great Western lift.

Out the gate is Hidden Canyon that area is sick and holds snow forever, if the ended up in a driveway you probably had to walk back to the lift. The return to the lift cutoff is tricky but always take the highest line back.

Out the gate is Hidden Canyon that area is sick and holds snow forever, if the ended up in a driveway you probably had to walk back to the lift. The return to the lift cutoff is tricky but always take the highest line back.

Lol....i forgot this but, that is exactly where i ended up.....in someones driveway.  And you are right, holds snow real well.  i was just having such a good time playing in there, i just kept going without really paying attention to where i was really heading.  That was a pretty long walk.  

In the area below where the last pics were taken, we came across some boarded up cabins, which was kinda odd, they were really in the middle of no where.  

• Like 3