Pick me a ski

Shadows

30 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Yep, the Lange’s were 27.5

Backcountry web site don’t suck

Bc is just accessories no? Maybe i cant find the page. Evo and the house are really all i go to.

Also...one of my clients different service provider volunteers at peaceable kingdom. Gonna be making an over due donation there shortly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Bc is just accessories no? Maybe i cant find the page. Evo and the house are really all i go to.

Also...one of my clients different service provider volunteers at peaceable kingdom. Gonna be making an over due donation there shortly. 

I bought my new skis from Evo and bindings from Backcountry. Both great sites and have some good deals on year old models. 

I've used Al's Ski Barn aka Untracked.com

(https://www.untracked.com/)

for a lot of ski purchases and tend to have excess prior year's stock available at discounted prices and will give deals to ski/binding combos.  They tend not to match prices, but will work with you, if you give em some grief.   They'll even mount bindings for free, all you have to do is provide boot size, but they recommend you get them checked for proper release settings of your boots.

I just scored a pair of 16/17 Head Monster 88 in a 184 from Sierra Trading Post.  

Price $380+$26 for tax brought the total to $406 which isn't a bad deal.  Free shipping.

My company has a discount program with STP, where I can buy gift cards at 8% off.  So (4) $100 gift cards cost me $368. Yesterday, Ebates.com was running a 12% cash back at STP lowering the cost by another $49.

$380+$26-$32-$49=$325.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shadows said:

I'm excellent at picking a 100% park ski. The best. No one has picked a park ski better than me. 

But I don't want a 100% park ski so I don't know where to start. Skies that are traditionally mounted are boring cause you dont charge that hard at blue and I don't travel really. So still pretty center mounted. Has to be a full/half twin

What ski?

Demoing is the only way to be sure you get the right ski. As Jlaw rightly said, we all ski differently. Reviews and recommendations will get you in the ball park but you should demo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

I just scored a pair of 16/17 Head Monster 88 in a 184 from Sierra Trading Post.  

Price $380+$26 for tax brought the total to $406 which isn't a bad deal.  Free shipping.

My company has a discount program with STP, where I can buy gift cards at 8% off.  So (4) $100 gift cards cost me $368. Yesterday, Ebates.com was running a 12% cash back at STP lowering the cost by another $49.

$380+$26-$32-$49=$325.  

I forgot, I put the whole transaction on my 2% cash back credit card.

($380+$26)*.98-$32-$49=$317

7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

ive been to stp before. was a weird place. 

They just opened one here in NJ.  I went to the grand opening a few months ago.  I talked to a manager from one of the Wyoming stores.  He said TJX killed off the deals they used to have and I agree, the deep discounts just aren't there anymore.  He did say that they have access to a lot more brands now, like Under Armour, which only show up on their website as "Famous Brand".  https://www.sierratradingpost.com/famous-brand~b~3631/

The store they opened is pretty nice.  I'd say it's higher caliber than Dicks, but not REI.  Both of those are on the same highway as the new STP (NJ10).  I'd go there if I need to replace a piece of gear right quick for sure.

2 hours ago, eaf said:

184! Will you be competing in downhill category on them or are you just that tall?

That's the typical length of all mountain skis that PASRs have. My mantras are 184s, Atomic Jeffs mantras and Kastles 184...my shiros are 193s...long skis truck short skis suck. 

• Like 1

Back in the straight ski days I skied 195-200cm skis..my first shaped skis were action 198 length K2 el Caminos which trucked..I definitely got stopped by the yellow coats at Camelback on those skiing marijies delight.  

Shortest skis i had were my 170 length Atomic LT 11s when I got the bastard bug and Elan S12s in a 176 which was the longest they made.  Those were turny moods with a radius of 15.9