Xmas Eve and both expresses down

eaf

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You love the lodge...I haven't spent any time in the lodge in years. 

Is ski check open??

No. It's not open. And yeah, I love it when you don't have to hunt for a table. That ruins the mood.

Got to blue at 735, Jeff, toast, and jfDan in the house.  Walked to six pack and told it was closed for a broken wheel.  Mai. Street chair was running but blue didn't rope off runs down to six pack smh.  No shuttle to top either.  Loaded skis and people in mbikeskis truck and my car.  Drive to top.  Got 2 runs in before six pack started up again.  Soon six pack broke down.  Quad lines were mostly not bad but at times got past the scanners.  Sidewinder opened today.  Very thin edge to edge cover, but all good, just glad it's open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Got to blue at 735, Jeff, toast, and jfDan in the house.  Walked to six pack and told it was closed for a broken wheel.  Mai. Street chair was running but blue didn't rope off runs down to six pack smh.  No shuttle to top either.  Loaded skis and people in mbikeskis truck and my car.  Drive to top.  Got 2 runs in before six pack started up again.  Soon six pack broke down.  Quad lines were mostly not bad but at times got past the scanners.  Sidewinder opened today.  Very thin edge to edge cover, but all good, just glad it's open.

You guys must have been parked in Kansas by the time you got to the top lodge.  Not good Blue mountain I'm giving you three dings..Ding Ding Ding

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf did you say before you dont have a season pass at Blue?  But you go almost every day?

I combinate. Today I'm on a CM ticket. Usually I'm skiing Blue at night, and then it's just cheap.

In Jan I'll start running around between mountains because PA Card will kick in.

In Feb you never know, maybe I'll join Salty. Got to try those deserts at least once ;)

19 minutes ago, eaf said:

I combinate. Today I'm on a CM ticket. Usually I'm skiing Blue at night, and then it's just cheap.

In Jan I'll start running around between mountains because PA Card will kick in.

In Feb you never know, maybe I'll join Salty. Got to try those deserts at least once ;)

What's a CM ticket?  My current view. 

IMG_2030.JPG

• Like 1

Mbike is such a nice guy that he gave us a ride up in his truck to the top so we could ski while they dicked around with the 6er.  We were at least a run up on people.  Towards the end of our session, the quad have a good 10 minute outage where it would move an inch or two then jerk to a stop.

Sidewinder was the ROTD.  I would've picked Challenge but we only got one run on it before BMR closed it.  Sidewinder was fun as hell.  I can't wait for it to go full width.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

I really like them. I feel more confident on the cookies and hard pack. Much more stable than my Elans. I dont know how much of this is psychological and physical, but I really like the RTMs 

I told you it would be like that. It's surely some of both, but as the physical improves the psychological, your skiing will improve and help the physical even more. 

Did you end up pulling the trigger on the 81s? Did you try anything wider? I don't think you'll see much improvement with a wider ski today, but come March with the deep sugar and the piles would probably welcome them.

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

I really like them. I feel more confident on the cookies and hard pack. Much more stable than my Elans. I dont know how much of this is psychological and physical, but I really like the RTMs 

EDIT: Duplicate post, so on the edit I'll add to the broken lift discussion. Anyone know if the Vista lift is broken? It wasn't running Tuesday and it seems strange that they wouldn't have it running on a weekend day. It's nice for stone cold beginners to be able to lap Easy Out to Vista, and with no top to bottom park I'm sure some of the jibhonks love to use it to lap Come Around

Edited by enjoralas

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Desserts?  I don't think I'll ever go to a season passholder party.