10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Might be eating fast food. Perhaps a McMuffin. I've spent so much money this week and Trump made my stock portfolio worthless. Problem is now I have no appetite for fast food after eating fancy all week. Currently eating Shrimp Royal platter at East Cuisine in Rutland. Its literally a meal for royalty. It says so on the menu.

I wonder what the Chefs special sauce is???

IMG_2579.PNG

Thanks. Never had glade mojo lol. Not glades of pure powder. The only true glades I skiied were Jack Frost happy land, which were very easy and hard pack snow. Nothing like today. Believe me, I would love to do what you guys do and ski unlimited untracked deep powder In the woods, but I dont have the ability and not sure I ever will. So I'll have to live vicariously through Steeze's annual Jackson Hole TRs

Patsy’s will be tracked out so you’re good
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Stop at the Sunup Bakery right across from the Wobbly Barn on Killington Road and get yourself and egg and bagel sandwich on your way to the slopes.

Solid advice. Good coffee. 

Slightly more budget friendly would be the Killington Mart on the left side of Killington Road as you head up. Decent dinner take out food too. 

• Like 1

#1 is wrong. I was trying to walk up a hill and kept falling because it was steep. Wouldn't call it yard sailing but it was just so damn hard to get up that hill while carrying skis and poles.

#3 is also wrong. I was "skating" in the line for 4 Runner and my left ski snagged a sign so I fell. I was making the V form to move forward. The lift attendant was cool and did not even call me a gaper.

#4 is mostly true. However I threw the skis ahead of me so I didn't have to hold them and then slid down to escape Glades.

Wow what would PASR do without my daily entertainment? Is there a way to tell how many people have me on ignore??

#1 being the hill from the parking lot to the quad lift..you put one foot in front of the other..dig your toes in a little for extra grip. 

IMG_2578.JPG.853c50a77749448b1923c8ef89abba60.JPG

I was like I need to look at Saltys stowe report. Then I open it up and see that its 356 posts long. Is there a cliff notes version?

Here ya go

Oh and #2 was he tried to ski into the Gondi like a lift. Note he was silent about that in his rebuttal

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty are you driving home from Vermont tomorrow or Saturday??

Saturday. Might call it quits after tomorrow and just make Saturday a driving day. Depends on how stoked I am after tomorrow. If I don't use my last Killington-Pico ticket I might try to sell it for $84.

34 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I was like I need to look at Saltys stowe report. Then I open it up and see that its 356 posts long. Is there a cliff notes version?

Sunday walked around Burlington and had a blast. Saw Steeze on a mural of famous Burlington residents. Watched the Super bowl and got wings and stromboli from Piecasso. Monday met Moe Ghoul and made some epic runs in tracked out powder. Was way too late for first trax due to poor planning and late breakfast, and forgot poles in car. Tuesday had the best run of my life down Gondalier in fresh powder and ate mussels and brownie and posted a pic of my meal which earned me an ultra rare like from toast. Also took a lesson. Wednesday skiied freshies and many free refills and had a great time. Today Was 3rd in line for first chair when epic rfid reader fail ensued which caused me to almost rage quit skiing. Lost place in line and was pushed back to 24th place. And many more epic events. Definitely worth a read through, this thread is a classic probably hall of fame worthy.

Very happy to see you're doing well Ridge.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You'll have the ability one day if you keep skiing a lot. No such thing as unlimited deep powder in the woods..it gets tracked out..I prefer being the one tracking it out.  Did you stop at Ben and Jerrys??  Are you settled in at Killington now??  

Ben and Jerrys was pretty cool. Nothing spectacular. Got a private tour since I was the only person interested at the time. Then got free ice cream samples. Cool to check out the place once for an hour tops and that's about it.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Saturday. Might call it quits after tomorrow and just make Saturday a driving day. Depends on how stoked I am after tomorrow. If I don't use my last Killington-Pico ticket I might try to sell it for $84.

Here's an idea..ski 8am-noon Saturday then sell your ticket in the lot for Johnny cash. Don't be greedy just sell it for $20-30..can use money for mcdoogles on the ride home. Sunday is gonna be a washout so can have your mom do your laundry and play Tetris and Mario Kart!!  Maybe whip out your fake ID and buy Indiggio and Tarponhead 5 packs of beer for their bump skiing advice. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Remember NaCl-tea YOU CAN DO IT!!!:clap

Thanks. Just got done practicing putting on my ski boots. This morning in the Mansfield Lodge I could not get them on for some reason and I think the ticket saleswoman thought I was giving birth. Been taking the liners out every single night to dry them on the vent because I forgot my boot dryers at home.

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Just got done practicing putting on my ski boots. This morning in the Mansfield Lodge I could not get them on for some reason and I think the ticket saleswoman thought I was giving birth. Been taking the liners out every single night to dry them on the vent because I forgot my boot dryers at home.

You can dry out boots on a hotel room heating vent without removing the liners. Prop boots on a chair with the opening angeled onto the heat vent. Should be dry in an hour or so. The only time this season I couldn't put boots on was one of those 15 degree days when my boots were sitting in my open trunk for an hour and a half and then I decided to go back skiing again and it was unpossible to put them back on. 

You could always put boots on in your hotel room and drive the couple miles in your ski boots.  It's not that hard. I've driven from Blue to Allentown in my ski boots. 

IMG_2588.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You could always put boots on in your hotel room and drive the couple miles in your ski boots.  It's not that hard. I've driven from Blue to Allentown in my ski boots.

I drive a manual and can't even get the car started with ski boots, so that's un-possible.

Edited by saltyant