2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yet again, learn to ski moguls.  Feet together, pivoting (NOT CARVING) skis simultaneously form a platform on which to turn, which in perder, all you really need to do is shift your weight from foot to foot.  Also, view the trees as moguls and you turn past them, so you don't hit them.

agreed. not carving. but allowing the skis to do the most of the work of the turn instead of us is the more efficient way to ski....especially on the RTM's that he's skiing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, indiggio said:

OMG NaCL-y, I have to tighten my boots numerous times in a single ski day.  In the morning I have to tighten them, as everything is cold and the liners have expanded slightly overnight. As the outside temperature increases, the shell softens and the liners pack a bit and my body warms up and I can put more flex into them.  This can be worse, if the day starts our super cold, with an inversion and the sun hasn't come up over the ridge.

Boot buckles aren't something you set once and forget.  They don't have micro-adjustments for nothing!

Truth..word..ditto

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I barely give my number to anybody!!

Me too. I thought its ok to talk about skiing on this ski forum, especially since it's a thread I made and it's not even on the Blue forum. I haven't posted a single thing on the Blue forum in weeks.

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I barely give my number to anybody!!

Hey did I mention that last week I was sitting at the bar at the upper lodge and some young guy gave me his phone number on a napkin? (not the same guy who skied with me a few weeks ago--apparently I'm on some kind of roll).  I don't know what they put in the drinks up there, but it's an interesting place to be an old cat lady with an appearance best described as "not trying."  I looked at the bartender after he left and she shrugged and said "he's actually a nice guy, unlike most of the freaks who come here in the evening."  I said "why would he give me his number??" and she said "Beats me." I said "Exactly." 

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Me too. I thought its ok to talk about skiing on this ski forum, especially since it's a thread I made and it's not even on the Blue forum. I haven't posted a single thing on the Blue forum in weeks.

Post what you want in whatever forum you want to post in. Don't let the sandy vaginas and wet blankets bring you down. This forum is about fun 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

Hey did I mention that last week I was sitting at the bar at the upper lodge and some young guy gave me his phone number on a napkin? (not the same guy who skied with me a few weeks ago--apparently I'm on some kind of roll).  I don't know what they put in the drinks up there, but it's an interesting place to be an old cat lady with an appearance best described as "not trying."  I looked at the bartender after he left and she shrugged and said "he's actually a nice guy, unlike most of the freaks who come here in the evening."  I said "why would he give me his number??" and she said "Beats me." I said "Exactly." 

I don't understand that. If I'm interested in a girl I get her number and then text her so she has my number. Inevitably some of the young ladies with my number end up calling or texting me for things like rides or to vent about their ex boyfriends beating them..then I become like Dr. phil and get relegated to the friend zone 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don't understand that. If I'm interested in a girl I get her number and then text her so she has my number. Inevitably some of the young ladies with my number end up calling or texting me for things like rides or to vent about their ex boyfriends beating them..then I become like Dr. phil and get relegated to the friend zone 

Right? He works at Blue and it was genuinely a friendly gesture, like I forgot about it until I pulled the napkin out of my pocket the next day and just about doubled over laughing.

The friend zone can be a place with other friends of hers around to meet, right?  Not the worst place to be. 

Also I meant to edit that last post with a disclaimer that I'm not a raging narcissist, but I ran out of time, so here's the edit:

I don't mean to sound like a self-obsessed tire fire of a human by talking about meeting guys in bars. For context, I retired from dating a long time ago and don't attract attention from anyone, ever. I am as single and solitary as it is possible to be while still remaining a fairly normal member of society.  So the phone number thing was just kind of confusing/funny to me. When I read it later I realized that if you don't know me very well, it sounds like I'm a humble-bragging horror show; I was aiming for humorous self-deprecation.

Edited by SallyCat

15 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Right? He works at Blue and it was genuinely a friendly gesture, like I forgot about it until I pulled the napkin out of my pocket the next day and just about doubled over laughing.

The friend zone can be a place with other friends of hers around to meet, right?  Not the worst place to be. 

Nope I have lots of female friends and have met girls through them. Plus when you hangout with all guys it smells like a fart. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope I have lots of female friends and she met girls through them. Plus when you hangout with all guys it smells like a fart. 

You need to hang out at some better places. Some of my very attractive and lovely colleagues go to the Speakeasy Bookstore on the south side of B-hem a lot, and some other place that has a martini happy hour, I forget the name. In the Promenade down in Saucon I think. I will listen more closely on your behalf when they talk about places.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

You need to hang out at some better places. Some of my very attractive and lovely colleagues go to the Speakeasy Bookstore on the south side of B-hem a lot, and some other place that has a martini happy hour, I forget the name. In the Promenade down in Saucon I think. I will listen more closely on your behalf when they talk about places.

Thanks sounds like Bar Louie. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Salty, for K tomorrow get their early and park next to snowdon quad. 100’ walk. Also go to patsy’s woods off snowdon quad to get your glade mojo back. Wide open mellow trees.

Thanks. Never had glade mojo lol. Not glades of pure powder. The only true glades I skiied were Jack Frost happy land, which were very easy and hard pack snow. Nothing like today. Believe me, I would love to do what you guys do and ski unlimited untracked deep powder In the woods, but I dont have the ability and not sure I ever will. So I'll have to live vicariously through Steeze's annual Jackson Hole TRs

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Stop at the Sunup Bakery right across from the Wobbly Barn on Killington Road and get yourself and egg and bagel sandwich on your way to the slopes.

Might be eating fast food. Perhaps a McMuffin. I've spent so much money this week and Trump made my stock portfolio worthless. Problem is now I have no appetite for fast food after eating fancy all week. Currently eating Shrimp Royal platter at East Cuisine in Rutland. Its literally a meal for royalty. It says so on the menu.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. Never had glade mojo lol. Not glades of pure powder. The only true glades I skiied were Jack Frost happy land, which were very easy and hard pack snow. Nothing like today. Believe me, I would love to do what you guys do and ski unlimited untracked deep powder In the woods, but I dont have the ability and not sure I ever will. So I'll have to live vicariously through Steeze's annual Jackson Hole TRs

You'll have the ability one day if you keep skiing a lot. No such thing as unlimited deep powder in the woods..it gets tracked out..I prefer being the one tracking it out.  Did you stop at Ben and Jerrys??  Are you settled in at Killington now??  

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Might be eating fast food. Perhaps a McMuffin. I've spent so much money this week and Trump made my stock portfolio worthless. Problem is now I have no appetite for fast food after eating fancy all week. Currently eating Shrimp Royal platter at East Cuisine in Rutland. Its literally a meal for royalty. It says so on the menu.

Fast food is just plain disgusting and unhealthy and a place like Sunup isn't that much more expensive than McCrap's and you're also helping the local Vermont businesses instead of lining some multi-national corporate executive's bottom line.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow that sounds fancy..you don't ever have to eat fast food with your per diem and as you get older fast food should be seen more as a treat than daily eating. I've cut back my Arby's to like once a month..Arby's is elite fast food thought. 

57 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Salty, for K tomorrow get their early and park next to snowdon quad. 100’ walk. Also go to patsy’s woods off snowdon quad to get your glade mojo back. Wide open mellow trees.

Nice advice but Salty needs to boot up in the lodge in case he accidentally steps in snow in his socks...not everybody has the luxury of having circa 1980s lawn furniture  to use to boot up in like Nastar Glenn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Your good, keep posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2