Are anyone's parking spots safe... Poll

RidgeRacer

Blue Season Pass Poll...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Did you purchase a '18 -'19 season pass to Blue Mountain?

• Hell yeah
    • Not yet but will
    • No. Skiing elsewhere.

We will have to draw out a parking map once this is complete, and then identify where everybody will be parking, determine where the back-up spots will be if there are spots taken, determine penalties for purposely taking other member's spots, and then throw it away because who gives a fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rgrwilco said:

Ditching the peak pass and going with blue next season (and the rest of this season). After the royal fuckup at hunter the past few weeks, I don't want them fools having my money. Plus blue is less than half the drive for me.

What happened at Hunter?

presidents day weekend. basically all lifts go down for the entire weekend. No way to the summit besides the west side lift. So to take laps, they would shuttle you in a  truck to west side, take the lift, ski to base, rinse and repeat. Their backup lift had been broken since a few seasons ago, and they never bothered to fix it.  while this is happening, they made snow on trails that you couldn't even access instead of on trails you could. all while charging full price. I know stuff breaks, but this was avoidable and left me feeling a certain way.

Now one could say just ride the west side trails. Yeah but they were mostly closed. Hunter barely made any snow this year. During the early winter when it was brutal cold, I never saw them make snow in person. Westway trail hasn't had snow made on it since peaks bought the place. 

I think they finally got the 6pack back up yesterday or the day before, I forget. doesn't matter.

Edited by rgrwilco

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hunter used to be the snowmaking capital of the east and sometimes stayed open until early may.  

In terms of snowmaking per acre, yes.  Killington still blows them away in terms of total firepower though.

3 hours ago, rgrwilco said:

presidents day weekend. basically all lifts go down for the entire weekend. No way to the summit besides the west side lift. So to take laps, they would shuttle you in a  truck to west side, take the lift, ski to base, rinse and repeat. Their backup lift had been broken since a few seasons ago, and they never bothered to fix it.  while this is happening, they made snow on trails that you couldn't even access instead of on trails you could. all while charging full price. I know stuff breaks, but this was avoidable and left me feeling a certain way.

Now one could say just ride the west side trails. Yeah but they were mostly closed. Hunter barely made any snow this year. During the early winter when it was brutal cold, I never saw them make snow in person. Westway trail hasn't had snow made on it since peaks bought the place. 

I think they finally got the 6pack back up yesterday or the day before, I forget. doesn't matter.

Terrible to hear about the lack of snowmaking (formerly a real strength of Hunter's) and the back up lift being out.

Was the East side mid point to summit lift closed too? I would have thought that would have been a viable option to access the main front trails off the top.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Terrible to hear about the lack of snowmaking (formerly a real strength of Hunter's) and the back up lift being out.

Was the East side mid point to summit lift closed too? I would have thought that would have been a viable option to access the main front trails off the top.

Yes it was. There’s two other front lifts besides the sixer. Both closed