April 2nd Perder Merder.

toast21602

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Yikes. Right now very slow snow with some patches literally sending you flying head first. I hope it will set in a few hours, otherwise this is just junk. And that's with wax.

Wow so new snow that falls in April and then gets skied on for several hours and gets exposed to warm temperatures all day isn’t perfect???  Maybe try some bumps??  Should set up when it gets dark at 730..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I do all kinds of work for free actually. Pro Bono legal stuff and organizing charity events. But I do like getting a deal. I would not have bought 90 lift tix for my kids if each one had cost me $60. Deals make it possible to share my passion with them.

That’s nice of you!!!  I’ve helped reset vandalized memorial stones before for no charge mainly for good PR.  Ski2Live have your girls started talking about wanting to snowboard yet?  Make sure they put some skin into it if they’re interested in snowboarding...

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I would try to move away from them?  for me?  'cause we are pals?  

I know buying skis with demo bindings on them are sometimes hard to pass up price-wise, I just dont think they are as good as fixed bindings.  I dont trust them and i like it when you cook shit for us.  i would miss that.  

Yeah, I don’t have a thing for demo bindings or anything, just that I’ve been buying skis on deals as I settle in to the hobby, and that’s what they’ve come with. It’s worked out well so far in that I didn’t have to pay for a remount when I just bought boots and went down a whole size, and I can let my dad have a run at my skis from time to time. I’m sure I’ll want to go fixed binding eventually.

22 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Which demo binding?  If it’s an Aaaaattttttaaaaaccccckkkkkk model (and it probably is) go for it. 

Not Aaatacks, SP12.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Demo bindings just add unnecessary weight like almost everything I eat except for jello. 

I can only imagine how much my skiing could improve without all that extra weight from a demo binding . . .

20 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yikes. Right now very slow snow with some patches literally sending you flying head first. I hope it will set in a few hours, otherwise this is just junk. And that's with wax.

Oh wow, I havent waxed my RTMs since the beginning of February so I would definitely be flying head first all day long.

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, I don’t have a thing for demo bindings or anything, just that I’ve been buying skis on deals as I settle in to the hobby, and that’s what they’ve come with. It’s worked out well so far in that I didn’t have to pay for a remount when I just bought boots and went down a whole size, and I can let my dad have a run at my skis from time to time. I’m sure I’ll want to go fixed binding eventually.

Not Aaatacks, SP12.

I can only imagine how much my skiing could improve without all that extra weight from a demo binding . . .

If you bring salty some captains wafers he might tell you some of the things he learned in his lesson at Stowe. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you bring salty some captains wafers he might tell you some of the things he learned in his lesson at Stowe. 

I learned to lean forward, poll plant early, and that ice is nice. That's basically it.

Edited by saltyant

The snow is terribly slow+ I haven’t waxed my board in awhile. All good though it’s april!

Some kid asked me on the lift if he cares if he smokes. No problem. The kid whippes out a bag of 10+ prerolls! That was a good lift ride. 

I was contemplating walking the rails with some jibhonks but they weren’t too welcoming when I said what’s up. Too cool maaaaaaaaan.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eaf complaining about snow conditions in April at Blue is as much of a first world problem as me complaining about housekeeping waking me up from my nap.  

Sick. The lower Lazy is faster than the upper one. All because it's been scraped. So the way how you ski it is this... Use your muscles to push your way through the irregularly slow mess up, then enjoy a reasonably fast but short stretch down, then get to Home stretch and now really take your time organizing your thoughts, making a shopping list, remembering TODO items at work, all while you're sloooooowly progressing down to the lift.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, eaf said:

Sick. The lower Lazy is faster than the upper one. All because it's been scraped. So the way how you ski it is this... Use your muscles to push your way through the irregularly slow mess up, then enjoy a reasonably fast but short stretch down, then get to Home stretch and now really take your time organizing your thoughts, making a shopping list, remembering TODO items at work, all while you're sloooooowly progressing down to the lift.

So lots of snow snakes, bits of rowdy, and a rest period.  JADIP  Just April Day in Paradise

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

So lots of snow snakes, bits of rowdy, and a rest period.  JADIP

The fact that I read this as a coherent sentence and know exactly what the mountain is like either means I hang out on this forum too much or that overall this is one weird ass sport and I've done it too much in the past decade. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Dude, how you splitting these edges like captain waffers?

From rails. And I actually just realized what it was yesterday. Unfortunately my favorite trick if I don’t do it correctly I can potentially smack my edge off of the rail. 

Soo many people either dranking or smoking on the lift today. Got asked 3 times and a guy next to me pulled out a beer and flask.

Off to sidewinder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, antman12 said:

From rails. And I actually just realized what it was yesterday. Unfortunately my favorite trick if I don’t do it correctly I can potentially smack my edge off of the rail. 

Soo many people either dranking or smoking on the lift today. Got asked 3 times and a guy next to me pulled out a beer and flask.

Off to sidewinder. 

The lift at Blue can be magical sometimes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

And how to walk up a hill carrying ski gear, and how to properly access a gondola, how to mains upright position in the lift line and finally proper technique in the glades.

Awesome memory!! I would give you 10 likes if I could for remembering all that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think there’s a 40% chance Blue reopens weekend of 4-14/4-15

90% chance of rain Tues and Wed.

Wednesday high over 60.....

Today was a good way to start and end my "season" at Blue. Good to see some of the regulars, albeit briefly. I managed to ski a coupla runs with Mbike. He heard me screaming obscenities at and punching the far left 6pack gate because it wouldn't respond to the lift pass. I didn't even recognize him until we got on the lift. Turns out it may have been inoperable. Thanks for the No worky non-signage , Blue. Sweet untracked runs while it was still puking a bit rules out an encore for the weekend. I saw what lurked under the fresh snow. Blue was purdy this AM; fresh snow is like crater filler for slope acne.

Special thanks to Toast for the pass hookup.

• Like 3

90% chance of rain Tues and Wed.
Wednesday high over 60.....
Today was a good way to start and end my "season" at Blue. Good to see some of the regulars, albeit briefly. I managed to ski a coupla runs with Mbike. He heard me screaming obscenities at and punching the far left 6pack gate because it wouldn't respond to the lift pass. I didn't even recognize him until we got on the lift. Turns out it may have been inoperable. Thanks for the No worky non-signage , Blue. Sweet untracked runs while it was still puking a bit rules out an encore for the weekend. I saw what lurked under the fresh snow. Blue was purdy this AM; fresh snow is like crater filler for slope acne.
Special thanks to Toast for the pass hookup.

Sorry I missed you but work was bellowing

Yeah on the RFID readers. We all have been dry humping those readers all season long
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

fun pre work runs, great to make a few turns with moeghoul! I need wider skis for that snow though... maybe some rtm 110's!

I mounted Lords' on the Coombas in February for a tighter tree ski. They were collecting dust for 8 years. Skiing anything under 180 is almost unsettling.