False Advertising Instances

Invisible charc

27 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It is ridiculous and deceptive to use a photo from a different ski area on their site. It may well be legally actionable as well but blue may be too small potatoes for anyone to care enough to sue.

Yeah but it’s blue mountain. Give them a break.  

New page...eat my shorts Ski2Live

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope they give royalties to bands that they cover the songs of.  Fucking douchebag lawyers. 

If a venue hires a band to play cover songs, they get licenses from ASCAP, BMI and SESAC to cover that use. If a venue prefers not to get such licenses we are glad to perform all original material.

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Stfu.  We will pay for that lawsuit.  One way or another.  Stop.

If you dont want Blue to get sued the better move would be to let their marketing folks know they should pull down pix that constitute false advertising. My commenting on an existing thread is not what will get them sued.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

So no t shirts that say "The Beagles" with Abbey Road cover art imagery? K.

Those are shirts that someone else designed and was selling on the Web that we purchased and wore exactly once - not something we made. Here is the shirt I designed and sell. 

41101886_1004235916422054_7372964400476454912_n.png.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Those are shirts that someone else designed and was selling on the Web that we purchased and wore exactly once - not something we made. Here is the shirt I designed and sell. 

Blue didn't create that photo just like you didn't create those shirts. You still wore them to advertise your band. Just like Blue used the picture to advertise the mountain. Same thing no?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

That is not a defense to a false advertising claim. I hope they get sued.

You have to show damages to sue.  So you went to blue and bought a lift ticket and were shocked to realize there were no trails that looked like that on the mountain....you are out the cost of the ticket and some gas money....

I don't think that's much of a law suit.

But I do agree, it's lame for Blue to use stock photos on their website. Particularly since they do a pretty good job on social media - they have plenty of photos they could use that are cool, and inviting, and OF BLUE.  Adds so much to the imagery to have it actually be on the mountain...

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Blue didn't create that photo just like you didn't create those shirts. You still wore them to advertise your band. Just like Blue used the picture to advertise the mountain. Same thing no?

No I did not use them in advertisements. If they were up at BeaglesBand.com, and if The Beatles had a good argument that we had unjustly profited by tricking folks into believing we were the Beatles and buying our CD when they meant to purchase Abbey Rd, you would have a point.

Honestly though, if The Beatles were to sue me, I would gladly give them all the profits I made from wearing that shirt and would welcome the publicity. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

You have to show damages to sue.  So you went to blue and bought a lift ticket and were shocked to realize there were no trails that looked like that on the mountain....you are out the cost of the ticket and some gas money....

I don't think that's much of a law suit.

But I do agree, it's lame for Blue to use stock photos on their website. Particularly since they do a pretty good job on social media - they have plenty of photos they could use that are cool, and inviting, and OF BLUE.  Adds so much to the imagery to have it actually be on the mountain...

The damages in a false advertising case are suffered by competitors. Camelback would argue they lost X million skier visits because folks thought that is what Blue looked like.

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

No I did not use them in advertisements. If they were up at BeaglesBand.com, and if The Beatls felt we had unjustly profited by tricking folks  into believing we were the Beatles and buying our CD when they meant to purchase Abbey Rd, you would have a point.

Honestly though, if The Beatles were to sue me, I would gladly give them all the profits I made from wearing that shirt and would welcome the publicity. 

so, $0.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

The damages in a false advertising case are suffered by competitors. Camelback would argue they lost X million skier visits because folks thought that is what Blue looked like.

Yeah, that could be true...

Obviously, never gonna happen.  But fair point.

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

you guys are ridiculous.  had any mountain other than blue used a pic from a different mountain, you would have completely roasted them and rightfully so (imagine the shitstorm if CB did this).  but cause blue did it the nut sucking brigade comes out with their capes on lol

I think we can all agree it is stupid to do. Lots of smaller hills do it and it is stupid. What is even more stupid are the people who think that it actually looks like that, and the biggest idiots of them all are the assholes who think they should be sued. 

• Like 3

Just now, toast21602 said:

I think we can all agree it is stupid to do. Lots of smaller hills do it and it is stupid. What is even more stupid are the people who think that it actually looks like that, and the biggest idiots of them all are the assholes who think they should be sued. 

fair enough.  def not enough to warrant a lawsuit lol

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

you guys are ridiculous.  had any mountain other than blue used a pic from a different mountain, you would have completely roasted them and rightfully so (imagine the shitstorm if CB did this).  but cause blue did it the nut sucking brigade comes out with their capes on lol

I think the distinction here is most of us never cared enough to even realize that Blue is using stock photos on their webpage.  I don't even know what some of Blue's competition's webpages look like or if they also use stock images and I also don't care if they do/don't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It was a benefit concert, I suppose they could seek to take the money back from the disabled kids that got to go to summer camp for free.

Those kids should have put some skin in the game. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3