Anyone else getting 2019-20 Peak Pass

25 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats a great price if you take advantage of it, like you have.  But anybody over 29 that has no intention of skiing anything other than their home mountain just kinda ends up paying more for a pass to their home mountain.  

I always make a point to travel each season. Even if its just a few days in NY or VT, and the flexibility of basically having a season pass to whatever mountain is nearby is a great bonus. Skip the ticket lines, go right to the lifts and when you add in the cost of a ticket at Hunter or Mt Snow it quickly makes it worth the investment. 

My only real gripe is that Hunter is probably 3rd on my list of Catskills resorts. Haven't gotten to the NH places yet but will definitely check them out. 

I guess it comes down to if you plan to travel or not each season.

I think alot of Peak passholders get hosed on this deal.  I would bet there is a large percentage of JFBB passholders that have never been to another Peak owned resort on their pass.   At least from the Pocono area, its not too bad to get to Hunter or MS, but from Roundtop add 2 hrs or so.  
I forget what my last JFBB pass cost, but i am sure it was considerably less.  I left there for Blue because i wanted to ski with the best skiers on the east coast, but even if i was in love with JFBB, that pass price point would have me looking elsewhere.  Dont get me wrong here, NY and VT are cool, but if i am going to drive to NY, i think it would be Gore or Whiteface, and if i was to drive to VT, i would pass Mount Snow and go to Stowe, SB, Smuggs.  Skiing out West will always be priority trip in my book.  

I think it was $499 for the JFBB only passes before they went to the options they have now. I agree with you though. The Mt. Snow and Hunter options wouldn't entice me either for similar reasons... the whole if driving 4 and a half hours, I might as well keep going another hour or so for bigger mts. I can't knock Mt. Snow since I've never been. Not necessarily on my list of places to ski though.

My first year the jfbb only pass with the family discount was $399, then it was $499 but you had to go to the window to get a ticket each day. So when Peak bought it and raised the price to $599 and you didn’t have to go to the window it was worth it. In my head my limit for a family of 5 is $2500, so we’re there again next season. I’m buying 2 of the $299 passes this year to montage and will by 3 more if they discount them again in the fall.

32 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

My first year the jfbb only pass with the family discount was $399, then it was $499 but you had to go to the window to get a ticket each day. So when Peak bought it and raised the price to $599 and you didn’t have to go to the window it was worth it. In my head my limit for a family of 5 is $2500, so we’re there again next season. I’m buying 2 of the $299 passes this year to montage and will by 3 more if they discount them again in the fall.

Wouldn’t that be $3,000 at $599 each or is there a kids price?  Are you taking the chance at those $150 season pass deals at montage.  

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ski2Live will you and the twins be making any weekend road trips to Roundtop, Liberty or any of the Ohio resorts with your new Peak Passes???

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good question!!

Unlikely, but I might well check out Whitetail sometime when we are starting and ending the day at my parents place in Jenkintown (it is at least closer to there than Hunter is). With close to 1000' vertical and an experts only pod it has always interested me. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Unlikely, but I might well check out Whitetail sometime when we are starting and ending the day at my parents place in Jenkintown (it is at least closer to there than Hunter is). With close to 1000' vertical and an experts only pod it has always interested me. 

Theyll get to see their grandma and ski, great deal! Last time I worked in Jenkintown I drove to Blue to do a night sesh. Never been to Whitetail but I've been to Roundtop a few times, it's pretty similar to Jackson Frost I believe but maybe smaller.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Wow I wish blue had an experts only pod.  That’s badass

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Theyll get to see their grandma and ski, great deal! Last time I worked in Jenkintown I drove to Blue to do a night sesh. Never been to Whitetail but I've been to Roundtop a few times, it's pretty similar to Jackson Frost I believe but maybe smaller.

Wow when were you at Roundtop?

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow when were you at Roundtop?

A few years ago right after I learned to ski. I go there if I'm working in the Harrisburg area though they charged $46 or something for a night pass which is pricey. And now there will be no one there or theyll go out of business (according to Facebook comments)!

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

A few years ago right after I learned to ski. I go there if I'm working in the Harrisburg area though they charged $46 or something for a night pass which is pricey. And now there will be no one there or theyll go out of business (according to Facebook comments)!

Are you still selling bear creek passes?

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you still selling bear creek passes?

Nah, I wasnt motivated enough this year to ski SEPA. Maybe ill go back there or Spring Mountain some day far in the future.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1