Anyone else getting 2019-20 Peak Pass

Considering just getting 2 Peak passes and for the second child using a combination of the kids ski free with adult for JF and kids ski 50% off with adult for Hunter and Snow coupons that come with the kids seasonal ski rentals (and when those 6 run out, use the 25% off buddy rate)

Just need to verify if they will honor the coupons when the adult is a pass holder, not a daily ticket buyer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Considering just getting 2 Peak passes and for the second child using a combination of the kids ski free with adult for JF and kids ski 50% off with adult for Hunter and Snow coupons that come with the kids seasonal ski rentals (and when those 6 run out, use the 25% off buddy rate)

Just need to verify if they will honor the coupons when the adult is a pass holder, not a daily ticket buyer.

Would it piss one of the kids off to not be a passholder?  Would this require going to ticket office prior to skiing each time. 

7 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It would mean going to the window each time. Might upset the non pass holder kid somewhat, but no rational reason for it to, as I would let then each ski the same amount. 

Might not be worth it - probably would not save me that much 

If it doesnt save a lot probably isn't worth doing, especially if you're driving several hours already and now you have to waste 15 or more minutes of skiing time standing in line each time.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

If it doesnt save a lot probably isn't worth doing, especially if you're driving several hours already and now you have to waste 15 or more minutes of skiing time standing in line each time.

I think 15 minutes is an exaggeration but figure its 5 minutes.  Let’s say 15 times a year.  That’s 75 minutes to save $200 or something...not to shabby.  I’d rather have $200 vaporize from my bank account than stand in a ticket line 15 times for 5 minutes.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think 15 minutes is an exaggeration but figure its 5 minutes.  Let’s say 15 times a year.  That’s 75 minutes to save $200 or something...not to shabby.  I’d rather have $200 vaporize from my bank account than stand in a ticket line 15 times for 5 minutes.  

5 mins per trip are irrelevant. He already made a bigger decision of spending hours more in the car.

59 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How often do you go with just one??  Doesn’t sound like they got their dads tall genetics. 

Pretty rare. But sometimes one does a "girls day out" with grandma and the other does a "daddy daughter day" with me - usually either skiing or great adventure

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Provided all of the Peak resorts are direct access, which i would assume they are now for passholders, yeah, this would have to be a huge savings to be fucking around looking online for stupid 10 fucking percent off coupons, and spending any amount of time in a fucking ticket window line at 10 am trying to get a fucking pass for 1 person out of 3, when 2 people already have a direct fucking pass that doesnt require going to a fucking window.  What a fucking waste of fucking time.   

3 hours ago, eaf said:

5 mins per trip are irrelevant. He already made a bigger decision of spending hours more in the car.

Time = money.  This is a concept lost on the OP.  

59 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Provided all of the Peak resorts are direct access, which i would assume they are now for passholders, yeah, this would have to be a huge savings to be fucking around looking online for stupid 10 fucking percent off coupons, and spending any amount of time in a fucking ticket window line at 10 am trying to get a fucking pass for 1 person out of 3, when 2 people already have a direct fucking pass that doesnt require going to a fucking window.  What a fucking waste of fucking time.   

Time = money.  This is a concept lost on the OP.  

Impressive use of the f-bomb here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Wow. Already at 1300 signatures.

This whole thing is really interesting. The Peak Pass people don't give a flying funk about the complaints, so dont see them caving and offering a cheaper PA pass unless there's a significant drop off in business next season. I feel for the people in the Harrisburg area because Peak has a monopoly on all local resorts down there.

There's also an article on PennLive today about it.

Edited by saltyant

Whats a petition going to do?  It seems as though Peak responded with "these are the pass prices, if it is beyond what you are willing to pay, maybe these mountains arent for you."

i do think its silly for those mountains especially to be lumped into the whole pass peak, but i'm not losing much sleep over it.  

Peak doesn't make the people at their midwest mountains buy the "Peak" pass that includes New England. If they were decent they would offer an option for just a Whitetail, Roundtop, and Liberty pass then offer the option for the New England mountains. The midwest mountains have a lot of cheaper options as well.

https://www.paolipeaks.com/season-passes

• Like 1