Jump to content
GrilledSteezeSandwich

Camelback might be being sold...

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, toast21602 said:

If they pave the lower lot it will crumble so quickly with the freeze/thaw cycle of the swamp that it’s built on. Agree about drainage, though. For some reason there are always puddles in our row. 

For those playing along at home, that like the idea of the lower lot being paved  -  Just to throw down 1.5"-2" of blacktop on the lot to the right as you enter, and the interior of the lot on the left, inside the already paved ring road, would cost about $300,000.  The entire lower lot, $600,000.  But thats kind of a waste of money with what Toast mentioned above.  They probably wouldnt be able to pull permits to pave unless they improved drainage and grade.  Water that falls on blacktop has to go somewhere, and normally water that falls on your lot has to stay on your property, not run off into neighboring properties.  Drainage, subgrade, stone, base and top, way, way, way over a million bucks.  I guess the next time we are all stuck on the 6, or its moving 10' at a time, or its down for the day, we can at least talk about how kick ass the surface of the parking lot is if they were to pave it over fixing lifts/infrastructure first.  .  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PASRs own sibhusky is in the thread and can’t even grasp how people can ski camelback on busy days.  She had a condo at camelback and was there every weekend with sibhusky before she moved to Montana in 04. Also looks like camelback is gonna be on the Ikon pass but as a base resort..not on amenities.  The camelback mountain lodge gives the Four seasons at Jackson hole and the Ritz Carlton at Northstar a run for their money...plus there’s even a hibachi place down in the village. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

For those playing along at home, that like the idea of the lower lot being paved  -  Just to throw down 1.5"-2" of blacktop on the lot to the right as you enter, and the interior of the lot on the left, inside the already paved ring road, would cost about $300,000.  The entire lower lot, $600,000.  But thats kind of a waste of money with what Toast mentioned above.  They probably wouldnt be able to pull permits to pave unless they improved drainage and grade.  Water that falls on blacktop has to go somewhere, and normally water that falls on your lot has to stay on your property, not run off into neighboring properties.  Drainage, subgrade, stone, base and top, way, way, way over a million bucks.  I guess the next time we are all stuck on the 6, or its moving 10' at a time, or its down for the day, we can at least talk about how kick ass the surface of the parking lot is if they were to pave it over fixing lifts/infrastructure first.  .  

Maybe the shirt that you always wear that says what a lot of Pennsylvania people call blacktop is sending subliminal messages to Blue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camelback seems a much better fit for Vail. Wouldnt need to toss a bunch of money at it to bring the amenities up to a level that wouldnt tarnish the brand. Vail doesnt do wedding tents as ski lodges.

I'll get a 2020 Epic pass in they acquire either.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Camelback seems a much better fit for Vail. Wouldnt need to toss a bunch of money at it to bring the amenities up to a level that wouldnt tarnish the brand. Vail doesnt do wedding tents as ski lodges.

I'll get a 2020 Epic pass in they acquire either.

Alterra looks to be buying camelback and vail is buying blue.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Alterra looks to be buying camelback and vail is buying blue.  

Thanks for the info. Both will be tempting. Will see how they price their offerings. Will be great to have passes usable in PA and CO starting next March. Until then looking forward to spending time at Hunter and Snow and one trip to Peak's NH resorts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Thanks for the info. Both will be tempting. Will see how they price their offerings. Will be great to have passes usable in PA and CO starting next March. Until then looking forward to spending time at Hunter and Snow and one trip to Peak's NH resorts. 

@saltyant this is great. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same then I can ski Vail and Brokeback Mountain for free. 

Is that where you and Salty visit together? 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any further word on the hotel at Blue? I thought that was the next big project? Or are they still waiting on the natural gas spur line for their power generating plant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Any further word on the hotel at Blue? I thought that was the next big project? Or are they still waiting on the natural gas spur line for their power generating plant?

Nothing that Blue says is coming soon actually happens. There is no waterpark. There is no hotel. There is no new trail. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nothing that Blue says is coming soon actually happens. There is no waterpark. There is no hotel. There is no new trail. 

That might be a little excessive. Did they ever get the approvals for the hotel? Regardless of whether they build it or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Any further word on the hotel at Blue? I thought that was the next big project? Or are they still waiting on the natural gas spur line for their power generating plant?

Blue was never going to build a hotel.  It was going to be timeshare condos and they’ve had brochures and a podium for 4 years.  The Sierra club wasn’t happy about how close it was gonna be to the Appalachian trail and bird migration routes. Pricing will be available December of 2015...

 

About 5 years ago they were going to build a waterpark near the entrance to the summit lodge access road and they did some paving for parking and then that got put on hold.  Now Barbara green the owner is looking for investors to help with their eastside expansion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue was never going to build a hotel.  It was going to be timeshare condos and they’ve had brochures and a podium for 4 years.  The Sierra club wasn’t happy about how close it was gonna be to the Appalachian trail and bird migration routes. Pricing will be available December of 2015...

 

About 5 years ago they were going to build a waterpark near the entrance to the summit lodge access road and they did some paving for parking and then that got put on hold.  Now Barbara green the owner is looking for investors to help with their eastside expansion. 

*has investors* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt they've had big plans (and have been open about those big plans) but have been stuck in the mud for whatever reason. Hoping the investors (whoever they may be) get things moving. A profitable Blue Mountain resort benefits all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

*has investors* 

 

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

*has investors* 

Who’s the investor gonna be.  Right now we can only speculate.  Reminds me of Speculator New York beautiful country in the southern Adirondacks..if you like Saranac beer you’ll have a good time sitting on the dock of a bay..

04799748-0081-4C68-8D6B-8DB95CBE52F8.jpeg

77BF44EE-285C-4DD5-B19A-0B2D898D8F22.png

3A65023A-C1A5-49E2-913F-92F9940E6135.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I must not understand real estate. 19 thousand a week is the low end. 36k is the top. How?

For a time share you mean??  You pay $19-$36k and you get a week a year there for life or until the company goes bankrupt.  Time shares are a fucking rip off.  It’s usually someone who is already a time shareholder who convinces a friend to join in...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...