Camelback Trip Report 2/18/2022

synack

12 minutes ago, synack said:

I'm new here but may as well contribute.  Arrived with my daughter and her boyfriend at 9am almost on the dot.  This was their first time at Camelback but not mine.  Waited about 20minutes while my daughters boyfriend picked up his rentals and then headed directly to Sullivan.  There was a small line but we were able to grab a chair about 5 minutes after getting on line.  As we were riding the chair up we heard it.  The sound of ski's and boards digging into really icy hardpack.  

Once we got up to we decided to take it slow and start on Birches.  The conditions were quite icy on Birches and Meadows.  At some points it was like snowboarding on an ice cube.  I guess this is to be expected, since it had just finished raining a few hours before and the temp rapidly dropped.  Conditions were mostly the same throughout the day, though things seemed to soften up a bit after 12pm.  We started noticing real crowds at about 11 and by 1pm the lines were longish but mostly moving fast.  However, the line at Stevenson was especially discombobulated.  It got better once they started having a ranger direct the line and loading.  By 2:30 we had hit 12 different runs and decided to call it a day.  Especially the boyfriend who was using rental gear that was killing his feet.  Overall, not a bad day but not a great one either, just sort of meh conditions but a bunch of fun runs were had.

Welcome to PASR, @synack!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, synack said:

I'm new here but may as well contribute.  Arrived with my daughter and her boyfriend at 9am almost on the dot.  This was their first time at Camelback but not mine.  Waited about 20minutes while my daughters boyfriend picked up his rentals and then headed directly to Sullivan.  There was a small line but we were able to grab a chair about 5 minutes after getting on line.  As we were riding the chair up we heard it.  The sound of ski's and boards digging into really icy hardpack.  

Once we got up to we decided to take it slow and start on Birches.  The conditions were quite icy on Birches and Meadows.  At some points it was like snowboarding on an ice cube.  I guess this is to be expected, since it had just finished raining a few hours before and the temp rapidly dropped.  Conditions were mostly the same throughout the day, though things seemed to soften up a bit after 12pm.  We started noticing real crowds at about 11 and by 1pm the lines were longish but mostly moving fast.  However, the line at Stevenson was especially discombobulated.  It got better once they started having a ranger direct the line and loading.  By 2:30 we had hit 12 different runs and decided to call it a day.  Especially the boyfriend who was using rental gear that was killing his feet.  Overall, not a bad day but not a great one either, just sort of meh conditions but a bunch of fun runs were had.

Welcome @synack!

• Like 1