3/4 Winter for a minute

Johnny Law

Rode with BenM at opening, bfg and crew were there but otherwise not a ton of pass holders.

Between the weather and them blowing I didn't expect much but razors looked mint from the chair and first run down we were semi shocked to find really really nice pretty soft perfectly blue smooth full beans snow. So nice you gotta do it twice. Ben found the super nice skiff on upper main, a solid half inch of spongey effortless cord sadly led to a normal junk show lower main.

Coming soon has been groomed full width and they have mastered the sponge with those guns, just super nice zero effort sponge cake all the way to the wall. 

Rumor has it no sixer until 3pm but the quad wasn't too bad as nobody was using the 4 person line. 

Super super nice day, always good when you expect a brick and it's actually quite good. Rando on lift was talking like he was in the know and said they are pushing for end of March. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Nice to hear that there was a drastic difference in the positive direction compared to last night.  Chances of conditions staying good until RAW? I am thinking low...

It sounds like it will be better tonight than last night as yesterday morning wasn’t that good and sounds like today was good.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirtwolf said:

Nice to hear that there was a drastic difference in the positive direction compared to last night.  Chances of conditions staying good until RAW? I am thinking low...

I would think it should hold up ok, the sun is super strong but the temps aren't bad. Plus if it's quad only until 3 it would keep the traffic down.

They blew for real last night depth is up across the hill. 

• Like 1

wowow mid afternoon sunny session for me was 11/10 on razors.  it was that scrapy faster insanely grippy snow.  @mute1080 thought it was icy, but i thought it was some of the best turns of the year on Razors.  Coming Soon did have tons of soft snow on it.  Main St was deep blown snow and uneven as fuck.  I do think once they groom it out it may be the ROTD tomorrow.  Heard it here first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

wowow mid afternoon sunny session for me was 11/10 on razors.  it was that scrapy faster insanely grippy snow.  @mute1080 thought it was icy, but i thought it was some of the best turns of the year on Razors.  Coming Soon did have tons of soft snow on it.  Main St was deep blown snow and uneven as fuck.  I do think once they groom it out it may be the ROTD tomorrow.  Heard it here first.

Wao that sounds grate, I wish I was at Blue today instead of Breckenridge 

• Confused 3