12/9/22….back to the weekday grind.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived around 830am and it was about 35 at the upper entrance and 30 in the valley.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Dirtwolf, Johnny Law, PARidge, Rodney, Gary, Jimmy, C1, Harold, Bethlehem Ford Guy and a handful of others.   

There was a pretty long line at the quad for the opening Bell, I know some thought Blue was opening at 8am and the website this morning still said 8am. First run on Coming soon and it was decent…not perfect but fairly smooth and together.  Lower paradise wasn’t bad but got more loose as there was a lot of skier traffic and burns was nice and empty.  Skied a solid 6-7 runs then hungout in the lot for about a half hour drinking water and now back at work for quite some time as I have a 4pm appointment.  

ski everybody tomorrow.  JADIP

Also coverage held up extremely well…and they were also splicing the cable for the lift. There were about a dozen men in a Congo line at the bottom of the lift.  Some jackholes parked in the closed construction area so they had to put a sign out saying no parking in that area.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Conditions were fairly similar to what they have been this season. Coming soon was good and held it's own. Lower paradise turned to cement and seemed to be getting worse by the run. Saw lots of people down... especially in the flat light areas. What was cool however since I was skiing at the 10:30ish, 11 o clock hour today (which is rare) I got to experience sun on lower free fall which made meant getting a bit more speed than usual which was quite nice. Glad I got turns today because I'm away tomorrow and Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Conditions were fairly similar to what they have been this season. Coming soon was good and held it's own. Lower paradise turned to cement and seemed to be getting worse by the run. Saw lots of people down... especially in the flat light areas. What was cool however since I was skiing at the 10:30ish, 11 o clock hour today (which is rare) I got to experience sun on lower free fall which made meant getting a bit more speed than usual which was quite nice. Glad I got turns today because I'm away tomorrow and Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Have a fun weekend…where are you going?

19 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I likely won't be there tomorrow but if you need tickets, let me know.  We still have two free tickets (they give them out to season passholders throughout the year).  

Ahh I wish I saw this. Just bought 4 tix at giant . But thank you though!

Edited by RidgeRacer

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Regardless of the snow if there’s just a handful of people on Freefall or Paradise it’s really hard to fully let the skis run.  Any liftlines?

Not really. I waited maybe 3-4 min max. Only quad running. 

I don't have the energy to elaborate on the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Damn, Benm is pretty hardcore to night ski and then morning ski back-to-back. I don't have that kind of motivation.

I’ve done double dip sessions a few times where I skied the fresh cord in the morning and then came back late afternoon/evening due to an incoming snowstorms and that’s still only counts as one ski day.  

Salty me, Law, Dirtwolf and AtomicSkier were called out for not being in front of the line at rope drop…might have been a half dozen chairs back maybe more.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty me, Law, Dirtwolf and AtomicSkier were called out for not being in front of the line at rope drop…might have been a half dozen chairs back maybe more.  

WJW, what were you doing slacking off? That's not rad. The primary objective in life is to obtain the first civilian chair.