1/21/23…PASR day…variable conditions.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot before 720am and it was in the mid 20s under cloudy sky’s.  In the house were Johnny Law, Enjorales, Schifdawg, Nancy, Justo, Rose, JFDan, Toast, PARidge, Bethlehem ford crew, Falco, Enjorales cousin, BenM, Nastar Glenn, Dirtwolf, Mute, Ryan, Boo Bear, Becky Boo, ZZSlope and many more.  

First time ever starting at the new super summit safari six pack to Main Street which was nice firm cord on the top and a mixture of conditions lower half but not bad…the skeet spot is impressive.  Then over to the quad and I did nightmare to dreamweaver and the snow was decent but it was that smooth.  I did a lazy mile to falls which was alright still some rolly Polly areas.  

I did a Widowmaker from the top and good snow but with gates on the right was narrow and crowded.  Midway had some of the nicest snow on the hill.  Paradise was deep deep sugar and I ended up bailing on that for my first Paraweaver run of the season.  

Last run I skied easy out to vista to burma to yeti to burma to shuttle to the old lower park which I think is called trails end.  The parking lot was fun and I had some beer and hungout until noon, it felt cooler in the lot as the sun never came out and the temperature never got out of the 30s. The highlight of the lower lot was seeing a small plane keep circling us overhead..well turns out it was PASRs own Salty and we were all relieved that he didn’t dive bomb us Kamikaze style.  All in all while the skiing conditions weren’t grate it was a fun day at Blue the true.  

CCACCBF1-2F99-46FE-8895-2183754C3C45.jpeg

60421A3C-A906-450D-A009-4162870DD8CF.jpeg

D8978335-DF9C-4226-A601-D570D3DA6D5A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The main street express proved its worth today because the snow on west peak was much better than it was on the east peak so we rode the MSE a good bit. Although first run on coming soon was nice. Razors was closed but it looked really bad. Upper main was good too. Lower looked like it had bad diarrhea. NMDW was meh. Glad it's open though. I was waiting for Salty to pull off the aerobatics but that never happened. Judging by his reaction I think @Benmmust've seen air force one. Lol. Fun day

IMG_20230121_071725_HDR~3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Boner City 1

NMDW is my fav trail.  it wasnt great today, but i figure even a bad NMDW is better than no NMDW, which i know when they put those big stupid bumps on it, we can still ski it, but the flow is gone once they do that.  Shicola Chute-midway was probably the best run.  We determined you cannot see Cuzi's cabin from the new lift.  

@AtomicSkier @GrilledSteezeSandwich @mute1080......if this verifies......yeehaw!

Placeholder

• Like 3
  • Boner City 2

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

NMDW is my fav trail.  it wasnt great today, but i figure even a bad NMDW is better than no NMDW, which i know when they put those big stupid bumps on it, we can still ski it, but the flow is gone once they do that.  Shicola Chute-midway was probably the best run.  We determined you cannot see Cuzi's cabin from the new lift.  

@AtomicSkier @GrilledSteezeSandwich @mute1080......if this verifies......yeehaw!

Placeholder

Packing my snorkel now

• Like 1

Grate to see you'se guys today. It must have been amazing to hear the sheer power of the Rotax 912ULS 100 HP engine as I went full power over the lot. Flew over 6 ski resorts today - Blue, Shawnee, Camelback, Big Boulder, Jack Frost, and Eagle Rock. Was going to Bear Creek but decided to save a few dollars and skip it since I saw it off in the distance. Sick bird!

IMG_8256.thumb.JPG.2454e57bcf5bb72be248cfb0eeff83aa.JPG

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, skiincy said:

when @saltyantwas above us, I snapped this pic of the row. @Benm looks like he’s in a mega church and getting his praise on.😂9188F047-2D41-4993-A4E6-EC66BE51100C.thumb.jpeg.18fabd1e205f8e4172e9eeb3d0b3a095.jpeg

This is truly a great shot, it looks like PASRs are worshipping the flying SaltyAnt God Being of the Sky's.

Edited by saltyant

• 2 weeks later...