2/7 Firmer today

C1erArt

21 degrees at the bottom at 8, and 34 at 11. Razors was groomed and pretty solid. They appeared to do a quick pass with the groomer on NMDW then blew snow on it so you got slick spots and sticky new snow. A little better later in the morning when visibility was better. Freefall was pretty good, but the run out on Paradise was kind of an ungroomed frozen mess. Main Street was nice but had some marbles, ROTD was Curzi’s down thru Chute. Things should be pretty nice this afternoon when it warms up a little. 

Saw the back of JLaws helmet heading out from Main Street Express. Noticed yesterday that lift kept stopping for a minute or two several times a lift ride. Seemed to coincide with a large crowd hanging out in the unloading area up top. Wonder If the top lifty  is stopping the lift to allow tings to clear out. 

• Like 3

Got stuck on Main St lift Saturday for a good 10 minutes.  Kept an eye on it afterwards and noticed it was continuously shutting down so we skipped it the rest of the session.  Saw a big guy head up to the machine room on one of the stoppages.  Appears to me there are some start up / commisioning issues.

• Like 2

Always happy to see them blowing snow and challenge/particularly the top of switch have some serious piles but it did leave most of the hill with a nice topping of cookies.

BFG has returned but otherwise it was pretty empty.

Everytime the new lift stops and then immediately e stops they call down some master lifty who seems to be the only one who knows the magical buttons but 10 secs after he shows up and it runs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I like the new lift but gosh, when I see it stopped I choose a different lift.  It’s interesting how similar the lap times are with the new lift..plenty of times this last weekend I was on the quad while others were on the super summit safari six pack and I see them on homestretch or in the horseshoe next run..

Tonight was pretty good, edge able with a few slick spot here and there to keep you on your toes. Spent more time shootin the shit on the way in with gahskier George, NazSkierJ, and BMRmugsy on the way in and the way out with the Mute’s and NastarGlennsSonsFriendPuffy then actual skiing, huh, imagine that…

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Yesterday was fantastic. Rode with my cousin from 930-1215. Went out to the parking lot had a little lunch and met up with my coworker and rode from 1-2.

haha I really did make the video on the video board by the quad. :pimp:

That’s rad..they probably wanted to show a snowboarder to promote diversity. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, antman12 said:

Yesterday was fantastic. Rode with my cousin from 930-1215. Went out to the parking lot had a little lunch and met up with my coworker and rode from 1-2.

haha I really did make the video on the video board by the quad. :pimp:

I thought I saw you on there.

Looking forward to a night sesh this evening. I think it'll be good

• Like 1