2023/2024 Season at The Camel!

DiMe

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Did they add an escalator to "lot 3" so us season passholder VIPs don't have to walk up steps in ski boots while carrying heavy equipment???

If your in with Joe like me he'll come get ya in The Camel cart.

Edited by DiMe
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't think Joe Cool is allowed at Camelback anymore since they banned all fun activities like smoking, and parking next to the snow for free.

What are you talking about!  Joe Cool shreds harder than me and Joe Camel.

699467da7128a1ff95ffda4de137ee0e.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

King tut born in Arizona moved to babalona king tut 

I’ve actually been watching a lot of documentaries recently about ancient Egypt. I find myself fascinated by the new kingdom, namely the reign of Ramses II. Tutankhamun (his actual name…camelback should update the trail name to be historically accurate) believe it or not, wasn’t a very popular Pharaoh…as in he didn’t do much. His reign was short and likely tumultuous as he took the throne at the age of 9 and passed at 19. It wasn’t until just over 100 years ago when Howard Carter and his team discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun, literally untouched, that propelled Tut into what we know of him today. That discovery was huge because it’s the only tomb of of a pharaoh found that wasn’t looted by grave robbers. When they found Tutankhamun not only was his mummy intact (and viewable today by visitors) it was covered in multiple golden coffins and the tomb was filled with over 5000 artifacts….including things like the sandals he wore, his thrones, gold everywhere, beautiful works of art etc. literally thousands of years old. Incredible. The thing is Tutankhamuns tomb however is tiny compared to the other pharaohs of that time…which may mean that he passed suddenly. To this day they can and do still x ray his mummy to look for bone fractures etc.

Ancient Egypt is cool. The ONLY thing camelback has that’s better than blue are it’s trail names.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I’ve actually been watching a lot of documentaries recently about ancient Egypt. I find myself fascinated by the new kingdom, namely the reign of Ramses II. Tutankhamun (his actual name…camelback should update the trail name to be historically accurate) believe it or not, wasn’t a very popular Pharaoh…as in he didn’t do much. His reign was short and likely tumultuous as he took the throne at the age of 9 and passed at 19. It wasn’t until just over 100 years ago when Howard Carter and his team discovered the tomb of Tutankhamun, literally untouched, that propelled Tut into what we know of him today. That discovery was huge because it’s the only tomb of of a pharaoh found that wasn’t looted by grave robbers. When they found Tutankhamun not only was his mummy intact (and viewable today by visitors) it was covered in multiple golden coffins and the tomb was filled with over 5000 artifacts….including things like the sandals he wore, his thrones, gold everywhere, beautiful works of art etc. literally thousands of years old. Incredible. The thing is Tutankhamuns tomb however is tiny compared to the other pharaohs of that time…which may mean that he passed suddenly. To this day they can and do still x ray his mummy to look for bone fractures etc.

Ancient Egypt is cool. The ONLY thing camelback has that’s better than blue are it’s trail names.

Egypt intrigues me as well. I'd like to get over there at some point sooner than later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Egypt intrigues me as well. I'd like to get over there at some point sooner than later.

Bucket list for me...no doubt. Wait till the national museum opens at Giza though. That shits gonna be incredible. All of tut's treasures are being moved there. Plus lots of other cool stuff. The museum was built in the shadow of the pyramids. Supposedly has an atrium area with an incredible view of them. I'd like to start from Cairo to Giza to Luxor to see the valley of the Kings. 

• Like 2