2023/2024 Season at The Camel!

DiMe

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

So you have the flu….+++++VIBES+++++ and I’m not sharing a soda with you until after the new year.  

I had the Flu last year right after I caught covid the first time and it was way worse.  This is just annoying but NY state still mandates covid sick pay so there's that at least 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I had the Flu last year right after I caught covid the first time and it was way worse.  This is just annoying but NY state still mandates covid sick pay so there's that at least 🤣

That’s good I know one girl who was out sick three days and already used her paid time off so instead of an 80 hour check she received a 56 hour check.  Shits rough…a lot of people have been sick lately.  When my teacher friend had Covid in 2022, it was when they were testing everybody twice a week and she test positive and wasn’t even sick.  Since she had roommates she lived in an extended stay hotel for a week and just got a lot of takeout food.  I don’t know how people can live like that lol

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was looking for dime and salty on the webcam.  Cool looking water slides.  

Screw skiing anywhere today. Blue made the right choice to close down. Camelback, what the hell you thinking???

Next weekend looks really nice. Maybe I'll ski 3 days in a row, with one day each at Blue, Camelback, and Jackson Frosts.

Edited by saltyant

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant why haven’t you been at camelback yet?

Because first I had to go on Blue's website, see that I couldn't just check a box for CB addon, chat to a Blue rep, talk twice on the phone, drive to Blue, walk to Blue customer service at lower lot, stand in long line, receive envelope containing CB voucher, drive to CB, park in front of CB customer service, be told car couldn't stay here, move car to temporary lot, walk to CB customer service carrying voucher, stand in line, read & sign a bunch of waivers on iPad, click OK on iPad, receive CB parking pass, ask where to park, ask if I get First Tr@x, be informed I just use my Blue RFID pass anyway, walk back to car with CB parking pass in hand, etc.

If only I could log on Blue website and click button to add CB, I would have had the time to ski at CB.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Because first I had to go on Blue's website, see that I couldn't just check a box for CB addon, chat to a Blue rep, talk twice on the phone, drive to Blue, walk to Blue customer service at lower lot, stand in long line, receive envelope containing CB voucher, drive to CB, park in front of CB customer service, be told car couldn't stay here, move car to temporary lot, walk to CB customer service carrying voucher, stand in line, read & sign a bunch of waivers on iPad, click OK on iPad, receive CB parking pass, ask where to park, ask if I get First Tr@x, be informed I just use my Blue RFID pass anyway, walk back to car with CB parking pass in hand, etc.

If only I could log on Blue website and click button to add CB, I would have had the time to ski at CB.

I’m sorry I asked 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Skied at Camelback today thanks to Ikon pass.  Didn't realize there is no free parking there.  Makes me really appreciate the "old school" skiing vibe we have at Blue.  CB definitely goes after the resort/polished vibe.  To each their own.  2-3 chair wait, hero snow, and sunny.  Hump was the best snow, but damn, I forgot how short the runs are there.  Those runs are like Midway.  The new lift is fancy, but can't sit on my poles so no thanks.  Only Bluer I saw was TeleMatt.  Merry Christmas!

• Like 5