12/15/23…back to springtime.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 825 and it was a frosty 31 degrees at the base but 39 at the upper entrance…mad inversion Yo.  Some guns still blasting around the base area and the top of Razors. 

Wow a lot of people were in the house today including NMSki, Atomic Jeff, PARidge, JLaw, Dirtwolf, Toast, Root, C1er, Bethlehem ford crew, TP4 and many others.  The same terrain as last week was open…they didn’t blow enough on Paradise to open. Easy out and vista had nice snow almost packed powder, midway was pretty good a little slick near the bottom and lower main was decent.  

By the second run it was really crowded and a few runs I was at a near standstill in the mob of people on midway..I skied the same run until about 1030..I didn’t venture into Burma but heard it was ok.  They also have the paid lot set up at the lower lodge with a digital display that says how many spaces are available.  

All in all a fun morning and now I have 8 voicemails at work.  Ski most of you tomorrow.  

• Like 3

This mornings conditions were nice. A good crew on hand. Great day! Skiing in nice temperatures and bright sunshine is always great but obviously this time of year it’s not ideal. Lots of people today too prompting you to hit the brakes a lot. Went to get my oil changed after skiing and walked to the coffee shop while waiting and dang it was warm out. 

• Like 2

Just got back from a solid sesh at Blue The True.  To much whiskey last night result in an extra late arrival at 9:30am.  Burma was a field of cookies which was mad technical but not very fun. Midway to Mainstreet was firm and fast.  There was some dope man made powder skiers right all the way down midway to lower main I tracked then helped the skeezers seed a soft bump line of it.  Park build is fun but was a ice rink at opening.  Crowds diminished around 11 and seemed to stay light when I left a little after noon.  All in all JADIP, be back tomorrow morning!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DiMe said:

Just got back from a solid sesh at Blue The True.  To much whiskey last night result in an extra late arrival at 9:30am.  Burma was a field of cookies which was mad technical but not very fun. Midway to Mainstreet was firm and fast.  There was some dope man made powder skiers right all the way down midway to lower main I tracked then helped the skeezers seed a soft bump line of it.  Park build is fun but was a ice rink at opening.  Crowds diminished around 11 and seemed to stay light when I left a little after noon.  All in all JADIP, be back tomorrow morning!

I’m surprised you weren’t at Camelback for their opening. 

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m surprised you weren’t at Camelback for their opening. 

Heck no bro.  Their opening trail lineup is weak and no park to start.  Plus my buddies ride at Blue.  Camel is for later is season weekend first tracks powder percs and when I have very little time for a sesh closer to home.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Forgot to add to my TR.  Rumor from those who lined up at the Comet this morning is the gates will drop on Nile Mile and Paradise tomorrow morning.

Yeah and C1er was telling me in the bathroom that paradise and Freefall were opening today.  I don’t see if happening with current coverage 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah and C1er was telling me in the bathroom that paradise and Freefall were opening today.  I don’t see if happening with current coverage 

Ya we'll find out tomorrow. I just seen the pics in the other thread.  Maybe if we're lucky Nile Mile to lower paradise if anything as was said.

Lower lazy has no snow, considering the weather and how narrow lower Burma is pdis would be a Christmas miracle......

Today was super dope, really good weather and crew. Snow was way better than I thought, best snow is on homestretch get out there and farm those noodle turns.

Its currently 56 at my house,  its just amazing they are even open at all never mind the endless delusions of grandeur....when is razors going to open ? 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Lower lazy has no snow, considering the weather and how narrow lower Burma is pdis would be a Christmas miracle......

Today was super dope, really good weather and crew. Snow was way better than I thought, best snow is on homestretch get out there and farm those noodle turns.

Its currently 56 at my house,  its just amazing they are even open at all never mind the endless delusions of grandeur....when is razors going to open ? 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Lower Burma puzzled me as well with how WROD it was groomed.  Kind weird with all the snowmaking hours how it got narrower unless maybe it's some sort of snow preservation strategy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Some call it Coming Soon, some call it Free Fall but to me, it's The Nile Mile

Nice. can I play this game too? The lottery ticket I have says “free ticket”. But to me it says I won $1,000,000. Let’s see what the lady at the gas station says when I go to cash it in. Lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Nice. can I play this game too? The lottery ticket I have says “free ticket”. But to me it says I won $1,000,000. Let’s see what the lady at the gas station says when I go to cash it in. Lol

Good luck!  Any way you slice it or dice it she will tell you to head to a lottery office. They can only cash out up to $600 I believe in gas stations.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Lower Burma puzzled me as well with how WROD it was groomed.  Kind weird with all the snowmaking hours how it got narrower unless maybe it's some sort of snow preservation strategy 

I think they probably lost too much there, it gets pretty flat so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit of a lake after the rain. Not enough new snow to make it deep and wide so now it's just weirdly narrow. 

• Like 1

Really crappy compared to the opening day.

Same terrain, but started hard in the morning, then quickly cookied up beyond hope thanks to them blowing wet yesterday and only by about 11:30 got soft, cream-cheesy and pleasant. Around 1pm it turned sticky in spots due to all the sun and temps. Well, I'm still glad I came, since there are rumors of some new downpour Sun-Mon, so we're all gonna be back to square one next week.

Best snow was on the Connector and Home Stretch, LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 825 and it was a frosty 31 degrees at the base but 39 at the upper entrance…mad inversion Yo.  Some guns still blasting around the base area and the top of Razors. 

Wow a lot of people were in the house today including NMSki, Atomic Jeff, PARidge, JLaw, Dirtwolf, Toast, Root, C1er, Bethlehem ford crew, TP4 and many others.  The same terrain as last week was open…they didn’t blow enough on Paradise to open. Easy out and vista had nice snow almost packed powder, midway was pretty good a little slick near the bottom and lower main was decent.  

By the second run it was really crowded and a few runs I was at a near standstill in the mob of people on midway..I skied the same run until about 1030..I didn’t venture into Burma but heard it was ok.  They also have the paid lot set up at the lower lodge with a digital display that says how many spaces are available.  

All in all a fun morning and now I have 8 voicemails at work.  Ski most of you tomorrow.  

Where in the lower lot is the paid parking area?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

Good luck!  Any way you slice it or dice it she will tell you to head to a lottery office. They can only cash out up to $600 I believe in gas stations.

I won like $100 off a ticket at the local loaf and jug and the cashier was big mad that I pretty much cleared out the register like I got paid in mostly $5’s.  The old cashiers at Wegners hate $100 bills if they’re gonna charge $10 for six shrimp get used to $100s.  

Weis self checkout if it’s like $33 I’ll put in a $10 and then three $1s and then a $100 and it spits out 4 20s lol and I always do self checkout in Spanish.  I even had the self checkout monitor come over to me once and ask if she wanted me to change it to English and I said I know Spanish and like doing it in Spanish.  The Spanish voice is great it’s straight out of telemundo it’s not the Spanglish they speak in Allentown. 

I forgot what this was about I think $600 and one million doll hairs