2/10…empty..PASR day

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:17am and it was 36 degrees at the base and 42 degrees at the upper entrance, mad inversion Yo!!

In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, PARidge, BenM, Mute, BooBear, TP4, Mixilplix, Dirtwolf, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Bethlehem ford crew, Gary and many others.  There was a little snafu at the opening gates with only the VIP OG six pack readers working which had some doing the limbo or scrambling.  

That put me Behind the pack and PARidge was in the front and got first tracks on Challenge which looked pretty bad..I started on Lazy so was like 6 chairs back so skied solo.  Was a nice session and almost every run was decent but not the boner doner of tuesday and Thursday mornings.  Lazy was pretty smooth and semi soft, nightmare to dreamweaver was decent groomed, Coming soon was semi soft on the top…I enjoyed Widowmaker to the chute the best with some serious hero snow…lower Main Street was thick and stiff so not that good.  

I found Paradise to have the smoothest and most hero snow and skied that twice and a paraweaver as well and did challenge once and it was a mess up top and middle wasn’t bad. Temperatures rose to about 50 and the best thing was that there weren’t any crowds…I was following Blues ticket sales and they barely sold any tickets the last two days.  If we get a couple inches this week that should help them make Johnny cash for presidents weekend.  

Fun parking lot, had a couple beers and ready for more of the same conditions tomorrow AM

9F6BD1C8-9307-4586-A2DB-E6F91E20C929.jpeg

• Like 6

Today was fun. probably the most noticable inversion that I can remember. Bottom was semi cold. The top was warm. Yeah first run on challenge was bad but razors was closed and I figured if it was bad it would only get worse so hit it now. Probably not the move as NMDW was light years better. Everything else was good, just sorta bumpy all around. Fun morning 

IMG_20240210_082453_HDR~4.jpg

IMG_20240210_081102_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240210_081306_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 6

It was like opening the oven door going up the lift,  redonk inversion. 

I thought everything was pretty good today though it either needed to be 20 degrees colder or mad sunny. It was soft enough piles formed quickly but to heavy to really mach through. 

NMDW continues to delight and Challenge actually got pretty ok once it warmed up some.

Raceway/widow/curtsi/whatever was very good from the start and after enjo said how good pdis was we confirmed it was quite smooth. 

I don't think it's supposed to get below 40 tonight could make for an extra special superb owl Sunday. 

• Like 2

Oh man, riding up the quad first thing was like getting off a plane in Florida in the winter!  The warmth smacked you right in the face.

Going over NMDW, the grooming was impressive and rode that first thing.  Wow!  The two turns were a hoot and didn’t really see the mini booter halfway down until I was in mid air.

Barney’s needed a bit of slipping to scrape off the crust to let the warmth turn them hero which it did after about an hour.  Ended up lapping them until lunch.  Everyone was complaining about how outta shape we all are from not skiing bumps all season.

After lunch headed back out for a few more mashed potatoes runs.  Right side of CS had some good snow and Lazy was thick and deep with it.

Legs are pretty shot from today’s conditions.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Oh man, riding up the quad first thing was like getting off a plane in Florida in the winter!  The warmth smacked you right in the face.

Going over NMDW, the grooming was impressive and rode that first thing.  Wow!  The two turns were a hoot and didn’t really see the mini booter halfway down until I was in mid air.

Barney’s needed a bit of slipping to scrape off the crust to let the warmth turn them hero which it did after about an hour.  Ended up lapping them until lunch.  Everyone was complaining about how outta shape we all are from not skiing bumps all season.

After lunch headed back out for a few more mashed potatoes runs.  Right side of CS had some good snow and Lazy was thick and deep with it.

Legs are pretty shot from today’s conditions.

Seeing some dirty snow on lower Upper Main Street. What's up with that?

IMG_20240210_152328671_HDR.thumb.jpg.d98f073cc2f22f03f3e1eee439b51eae.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1