2/14/24…Sunny and super nice…busy

Challenge Express started up about 1030 after the quad had extended pauses on every trip up. Every slope was in great shape except the section above midway that had some big groomer gouges hiding in the shadows. Strong wind  blowing up the hill, but not too bad on more protected slopes. Guns going full blast on Sidewinder and Switch, neither were open. Glades were sketchy if you care about your equipment. Hit one of my higher speeds of the year on lower Main. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Challenge Express started up about 1030 after the quad had extended pauses on every trip up. Every slope was in great shape except the section above midway that had some big groomer gouges hiding in the shadows. Strong wind  blowing up the hill, but not too bad on more protected slopes. Guns going full blast on Sidewinder and Switch, neither were open. Glades were sketchy if you care about your equipment. Hit one of my higher speeds of the year on lower Main. 

How fast did you hit on lower Main Street?  

Evening session 4:30 - 8 everything good some fantastic, many repeats... except Lower Main which was choppy.  Pleasent suprise that Lazy had held up and was an 8.5/10.  Challange fast and predictable all the way down.  Been a while since i skied under the lights and was suprised at how good I was able to pick up terrain and surface conditions...imagine how good it will be if they ever get around to replacing the rest of the old HPS with LED.      Thought for sure there would be an after-school/ after-work wave given the big dump but it never materialized, mostly ski on or at most 2 - 3 chairs wait.  guns still blasting on Sidewinder and Switchback, as well as the fan guns most everywhere they had them. Going to get some more this weekend.

20240214_172350.jpg

20240214_174259.jpg

• Like 4

Made it up with my Valentine’s dates for 6-8 and a stop for dinner. Tried to get in Slopeside at the bar high tops but they said it was a 30 minute wait. Ended up at Last Run Lounge with loaded tots and a chicken cordon blue sandwich. 

Light crowds and snow wasn’t completely frozen solid so it was a good time.

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3919.jpeg

• Like 9