2/17/24…a pretty nice Saturday.

25 minutes ago, Benm said:

Really good today, these days are rare at Blue. Thanks enjo for the sneks.

I so badly wish one of you fuckers would have seen me eat it on chute. 

Was your one ski way up near the top and someone bring it down for you?  Cause I think I saw that.

first run down razor’s was magical. Rode from 8-11:30, lines weren’t too bad.  Since I had a little Caesar’s gift card, went to the one on Allen street afterwards.  Only my 4th time ever in Allentown city limits 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Was your one ski way up near the top and someone bring it down for you?  Cause I think I saw that.

first run down razor’s was magical. Rode from 8-11:30, lines weren’t too bad.  Since I had a little Caesar’s gift card, went to the one on Allen street afterwards.  Only my 4th time ever in Allentown city limits 

That’s like the start of the hood…15th street. I sometimes play the game down there called spot the white person..it’s not easy.  

• Haha 2

At like 745am, a ski patroller going up for another dawn patroller run asked if anybody wanted to be a ski patroller and it was an echo of No’s so I made sure I said Hell No extra extra loud lol and Dick Nosely was laughing..not as hard as Enjorales was laughing later on in the lot.  

The ski school “tram” golf cart shuttle thing loved going down our row..so many happy noobs getting to see the gritty underbelly of a major PA ski area..

Also tomorrow there’s gonna be a special guest at Blue according to Tactical Tim…he wouldn’t tell me, I’m guessing it’s not Saltys sister 😞

JADIP

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

At like 745am, a ski patroller going up for another dawn patroller run asked if anybody wanted to be a ski patroller and it was an echo of No’s so I made sure I said Hell No extra extra loud lol and Dick Nosely was laughing..not as hard as Enjorales was laughing later on in the lot.  

The ski school “tram” golf cart shuttle thing loved going down our row..so many happy noobs getting to see the gritty underbelly of a major PA ski area..

Also tomorrow there’s gonna be a special guest at Blue according to Tactical Tim…he wouldn’t tell me, I’m guessing it’s not Saltys sister 😞

JADIP

Hotdog Hans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Hotdog Hans

Hotdog Hans is alright but I think he’s in jail right now in Aspen after some lewd conduct after an X-Games after party.  Id prefer Hansi Hinterseer… DiMe he might make you wanna switch over to the dark side and become a skier. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JADIP

I hope ski patrol can find some volunteers. Without ski patrol the mountains would be unsafe 

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I hope ski patrol can find some volunteers. Without ski patrol the mountains would be unsafe 

Without ski patrol we’d just have to help out…I’d put up the slow signs and will whistle at people I’m not doing medical stuff..that will be up to Toast and Matt edge.  Salty you’ll be in charge of the hot chocolate 

• Thanks 1

I’m not surprised no one wants to do ski patrol anymore. Not sure the perks are that great anymore and you have to have training and recerts- probably out of your own pocket. That on top of no respect, and the amount of attitude and abuse they probably have to put up with. 
Not sure if anyone saw on IG, it was the head of Monmouth Mountain ski patrol basically just asking people please don’t duck ropes- they could be doing avalanche mitigation, or by going into the area, you could trigger an avalanche. The amount of nasty comments was pretty incredible. 

• Like 1

They had all the fan guns on at 330 when I was wrapping up. Missed the Pow, got on whatvwas left after 9am due to kid issues.  The lift lines weren't too bad all things considered, stayed mostly on the quad where the season pass to singles line was the quickest.   Another great day, love the full winter look and feel on the mountain.

20240217_091830.jpg

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Without ski patrol we’d just have to help out…I’d put up the slow signs and will whistle at people I’m not doing medical stuff..that will be up to Toast and Matt edge.  Salty you’ll be in charge of the hot chocolate 

SP was handing out cookies in the OG6 line today!  @saltyant can also be in charge of the cookies in addition to hit chocolate.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 2

I don't know the whole skibpatrol deal assume their volunteers.  Gig looks good aside from the certification/ rescue portion I wouldn't want to deal with.  Is there a shortage?  Maybe need to add a stipend.  I value people's time the get to ski free thing only goes so far.  Thank God for volunteer firefighters.