2/22….Spring is on the horizon.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning session at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830 and it was around 30 degrees under overcast sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, TP4, C1er, Rodney and the Bethlehem ford crew.

Second civilian super summit safari six back and I began on Main Street which was sweet soft pack powder until the end which had mini cookies.  There was a big race on Razors and snowmaking has ended on Nightmare to Dreamweaver and they’re starting to build a booter near the top.  Challenge was nice…a little looser than Tuesday..I skied that three times. 

I skied Sidewinder for the first time in two seasons and it wasn’t that good…some slick spots, some cookies and mini Root rollers and lots of goobers.  Back to Main Street for the final three runs and it stayed so nice.  Barbs was slow and sticky..today the snow will start to transition to spring snow and maybe some showers later then mad brick this weekend and spring next week.  

We had a nice stretch of packed powder and now I’m ready for some spring skiing and it’s right on the horizon…get it while you can as we close out the third quarter of the season. 

544369A0-3CDC-453E-AD58-4C781419C0EE.jpeg

0EFBB705-EE84-4675-95B7-04876F0C3855.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 8

I'll disagree about Sidewinder. It was great and overall in better shape than yesterday - softer and with no frozen bumps. Smooth flying all the way down. Rollers were there indeed, but that just contributed to the fun ride as the lighting was adequate. Despite considerable cloudness it wasn't hard to make your way, and lack of people plus extreme width of trail just made it a real pleasant trail overall. Same as Paradise for that matter.

Lazy on the other hand had stupid fresh/soft/slow snow on top and fast crumbs about halfway down. One pass was enough for me. Switchback didn't impress, it was somewhat scraped in spots. Other trails didn't really stand out, I barely rode them once each.

Less people than yesterday despite the race, and despite my initial fears, racers weren't overtaking Quad at all, as they tend to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Today was fun.  If you like to ski/snowboard I recommend going to blue mountain as it’s a good time 

Thanks for the recommendation. I hear that is a fun mountain for all ages and for any person who enjoys winter sports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I hear that is a fun mountain for all ages and for any person who enjoys winter sports.

Yes yes @RajeevGuptaSucheeta says it’s a very nice hill station and no worries of altitude sickness or needing a snorkel or avalanche gear.  @BORGATA BOSS and his sister @beachiegirl2ski had fun skiing with me @ Blue the true back in 2006…that’s when I was new around here but still famous…holy run on sentence…

@saltyant the snow is gonna be fast this weekend..let’s do a run together..maybe two..I figure if we’re gonna be brother in laws one day, we should hangout a little more  

• Boner City 1

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes yes @RajeevGuptaSucheeta says it’s a very nice hill station and no worries of altitude sickness or needing a snorkel or avalanche gear.  @BORGATA BOSS and his sister @beachiegirl2ski had fun skiing with me @ Blue the true back in 2006…that’s when I was new around here but still famous…holy run on sentence…

@saltyant the snow is gonna be fast this weekend..let’s do a run together..maybe two..I figure if we’re gonna be brother in laws one day, we should hangout a little more  

I'll be there on Saturday solo and then my brah is supposed to come Sunday on my Buddy Pass. He enjoys sausage Sundays and the parking lot banter once a year.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, eaf said:

BM trivia that they periodically run on those huge screens claims among other things that there are SIX terrain parks on the mountain.

Are there really?

Central, Pioneer, Yeti, Come Around and they are literally in the process of building NMDM.  I mean NMDM should be 1 but that must be 5 and 6.

Blue has something for everyone from parks to the best freeride terrain in PA.  We're a lucky bunch.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well let him know that Sunday is gonna be a good one.  I’m saving my buddy pass for Zonked 

I waxed my skis for this weekend so I hope you can keep up. I have a need for speed. Ice is grate, speed is fun. Dress like a Kosmonaut @Robert2

Edited by saltyant