Better Ways to the Spend the Money than the 6-Pack

trackbiker

A HS 6-Pack cost about $5 million IIRC. How do you think that Blue Mountain could better spend that money to improve the skiing and boarding experience for their customers and why.

Please indicate if you are skier or boarder in your reply.

Here's my opinion:

Skier

1. Install a handle tow in the lower terrain park like Elk did in theirs. This will allow the lower level boarders to stay in the park, which is the only place a lot of them want to be, improving their experience and at the same time lowering the lift demand to the top and conjestion from them skiing to the top of the park, which is where they wanted to be in the first place but didn't want to walk back up so they took the quad lift.

2. Make the new base lodge the main lodge. This will better utilize the beginners slopes there and keep first time skiers/boarders from falling all over Burma Road and stopping the two double chairs at the bottom. As it is now, they ski the Vista lift once or twice then head for Burma Road before they are ready.

3. Finish the new trail under the HSQ before installing another lift.

4. Install a HSQ in place of the two doubles by Main Street. Then relocate those lifts to some new expert only terrain farther east on the mountain.

What do you thinkthey should do?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Food discount for season passholders

2. A longer Nastar season

3. A butter box

4. make Lazy Mile slow skiing instead of Paradise because it's more conjested.

5. Give Mark Miller his own office

6. Video games like at Tanglewood

7. Red Bull machine like at Camelback but not 4 dollars.....

8. A free night in the new Booter Holidae Inn for season passholders.

9. A Blue mountain gas station

10. Ultimate cage fight between Darkside gate setters and darkside freeriders..

1. Sure wouldn't cost $5 million!

2. Cost almost Zero

3. What, 5 grand if they make it and install it?

4. Zero Dollars! Just move the signs. (Although I disagree on this one. I like skiing Lazy Mile fast.)

5. Zero Dollars.

6. They'd make money on that one. The vendors pay commissions of 50%.

7. See #6 above.

8. Midweek unsold nights the cost would be nominal.

9. What, Turkey Hill or Sheetz isn't good enough?

10. $1000 to rent the cage?

Doug, you're a cheap date man. You've still got the $5mil to spend if you figure that commissions on #'s 6&7 will pay for the other items!

How about granite markers for trail signs purchased from Doug at 100% commission? :lol:

1. park pass only for sidewinder

2. expand sidewinder make it wider like they did in the spot they did where the 75 ft jump is

3. make make trail past paradise

4. season pass redemption point(to buy new gear in the ski store)

5. give the season pass holders a discount on condos

6. give pass holders earlier lift privalages

7. better snowmaking on sidewinder

8. make main st. a park like intermedate

Edited by tretiak

I agree with papa, at alot of my favorite resorts the best trails are the narrow and somewhat winding trails with whoops down them. Up at Okemo they have one trail that is bump after high speed bump, and you can floaty 180 and 360 down that trail all day long.

I agree with papa, at alot of my favorite resorts the best trails are the narrow and somewhat winding trails with whoops down them. Up at Okemo they have one trail that is bump after high speed bump, and you can floaty 180 and 360 down that trail all day long.

I agree as well. More trails, more trails, MORE TRAILS. I would put up with a single chair lift if Blue had like 50 trails. Especially if, like you guys said, those trails had some character.

They just need to use all the extra space they have past paradise and make more trails.

I heard that it's owned by camelback, which is probably bullshit.

..is it bullshit? :huh:

1. park pass only for sidewinder

2. expand sidewinder make it wider like they did in the spot they did where the 75 ft jump is

3. make make trail past paradise

4. season pass redemption point(to buy new gear in the ski store)

5. give the season pass holders a discount on condos

6. give pass holders earlier lift privalages

7. better snowmaking on sidewinder

they should open earlier for passholders, and they should put fanguns in sidewinder like boulder did. It makes such a difference (duh) :woot

I think they should make steez passes

the criterea would be

1. tripple X pants size

2. kids size board with foot place ment directly on the nose and tail.

3. oversized beanie

4.Favorite song- Nelly- Grillz

those are the kinds of kids i'd like to ride with

Actully in all honesty park passes the upper park is at the level where extremley inexperienced riders cause a saftey hazard...enough said

I heard that it's owned by camelback, which is probably bullshit.

..is it bullshit? :huh:

Im pretty sure blue owns that. Camelback would have no use for it... I've never even heard that before though.

Im pretty sure blue owns that. Camelback would have no use for it... I've never even heard that before though.

camelback is nowhere near blue, so how would they have anything to do with that area?

i agree about removing the double chairs by main street and replacing them with a high speed quad.

the trails at blue mountain have plenty of character, but there are so few of them compared with camelback. this is their main and possibly only disadvantage compared with CB, but it is a big one. blue needs more variety - if you don't count the tiny connecting trails, then they have the following trails:

green: burma road and paradise

blue: lazy mile, upper and lower switchback

black: mainstreet, challenge, and razor's.

parks: upper and lower sidewinder

if i try to bring the girlfriend or another novice skiier, then the only thing that we can ski is burma road, paradise, and lazy mile. more expert trails would also be nice.