Whos getting new gear over the summer?

ColoradoHigh

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burton Bindings Break ..period. Had 3 pairs and on all three one strap or another broke off within a year. I have agencys and I love them, no breaking yet.

As you you switch... Eff you that comment about "getting out of teh park and learning how to really ride a snowbord" Thats bullshit.

Every binding will break eventually. id rather have a binding break then my F*cking ankle. Bindings can be replaced, ankles take time to heal. you want bindings that won't break, get Ride Tomcats...

And Lib im just stating the truth. MOST (did i say Librider can't snowboard) kids these days, who only ride park, can't ride worth a shit, they can stop and go straight. they can't carve, and by carve i mean that thin line thats left behind you after your done, not a plow. you throw them on a face more then 25-30 degrees and they will go home crying to mommy.

I guess next time i have to be more specefic, since everyone takes shit so personal.

Oh and back on topic. I've had P1's for the past 2 years. Probably about 50 days on them. And still in great condition. Nothing broke.

Edited by Switch096

Every binding will break eventually. id rather have a binding break then my F*cking ankle. Bindings can be replaced, ankles take time to heal. you want bindings that won't break, get Ride Tomcats...

And Lib im just stating the truth. MOST (did i say Librider can't snowboard) kids these days, who only ride park, can't ride worth a shit, they can stop and go straight. they can't carve, and by carve i mean that thin line thats left behind you after your done, not a plow. you throw them on a face more then 25-30 degrees and they will go home crying to mommy.

I guess next time i have to be more specefic, since everyone takes shit so personal.

Oh and back on topic. I've had P1's for the past 2 years. Probably about 50 days on them. And still in great condition. Nothing broke.

are u one of them?

Burton bindings are so obnoxiously big. F*ck Burton bindings. Actually, F*ck burton. (Unfortunately they now own Forum)

You cant say "fuck burton". Hands down that company made snowboarding. It is basically responsable for snowboarding. They have done so much to help the snowboard scene out. With that out of the way I will say As of the last few years (from what I have seen) their product quaility has gone down. Ive seen so may pairs of burton bindings go to shit on their first year. And I have personally witnessed 4 of their snowboards crack, snap, break.

It's burton t6 first off. Get out of the park and learn how to actually ride a snowboard, then try and talk shit. Who goes to cali to ride Bear mountain... Thats the biggest waste of money ive ever heard off. Go ride stratton and Mountain creak and save a buck.

Plus i got it for 450, not 670.

And yeah switch its pretty sad to say it when your trying to act hard to a 15 year old. And i bet you i could snowboard better than you etheir switch or 1 footed. Cause thats all i did last season. And its not even hard to snowboard in the first place. Why dont you go surf if all you do is carve. Ill hook you up with a deal and some lessons. www.iconexperiment.com go there i get free boards from it

Yeah i dont like burton anymore besides for their bindings.

Its pretty funny i have an 155 05 shaun white i got for 250

and i have a 150 03 k2 satelite i got for 250 and i like my k2 more than my burton handsdown.

I would sell both anyday for a rome artifact, k2 darkstar or a k2 www they're 3 of the best park boards out there.

But im really upset about burtons 07 stuff. All the boards graphics look like crap. The only nice board is the new custom comming out.

And yeah switch its pretty sad to say it when your trying to act hard to a 15 year old. And i bet you i could snowboard better than you etheir switch or 1 footed. Cause thats all i did last season. And its not even hard to snowboard in the first place. Why dont you go surf if all you do is carve. Ill hook you up with a deal and some lessons. www.iconexperiment.com go there i get free boards from it

Judging by your username and the fact that you started a thread to promote Icon boards, its probably not in your best interest to talk shit on someone when all they did was voice an opinion on something, and then turn around and tell people how you get free stuff from this company, when we obviously wouldn't... No one needs you saying how you're such an amazing boarder and acting like its the easiest thing in the world, because for many people its not. Basically I'm trying to say don't be an asshole if you want people to check out what you have to say and take it seriously. Even though I'm looking for a new surfboard, I have no desire to check out anything from Icon now because the only association I have with them is through someone who sounds like an asshole. Not saying you are, just that your last post was a little...

Im related to the owner of it so yeah? And your friend switch said that i should shutup and learn how to snowboard ? so yeah maybe you missed some things

Nah I didn't miss anything bro. My point was that as soon as you mention that you are tied to a company in some way or another, your actions will be the only bearing that others have to go off of in forming a view of that company. I've ridden with Switch once, and wouldn't know him if it weren't for this site. So far, all we have to go off of in terms of Icon is what you've given us. What we know is that you're the best snowboarder on this site and you don't even try, that you get surboards for free and may or may not be able to get us deals, and that instead of sayin something like "yo switch that ain't cool, this is what I think...," you just discredited yourself and your relatives company by your immature response. So far the only view I have of Icon is that some asshole is sponsored by them or hooked up by them. Considering I'm in the market for a board; that doesn't bear well for your relative ehh? Think about it... If you're trying to push a company, don't be an asshole in other threads. Do you see the manager of Bear Creek come to this site and post arrogant remarks in threads about other mountains and then get nice and helpful when talk turns to Bear Creek? At least be smart and make a arrogant poster name and an Icon poster name...

Sorry I'm callin you an asshole, but you just gotta look at your replies from someone elses point of view if you're gonna be reppin a company or a service...

Edited by freeridintre

Switch, way to post Grade A bullshit. Park riding, freeriding, its all snowboarding. I like it both. Park rats could also come back with "its much harder to spin a 45-foot kicker or back lip a street rail than ride straight down powder."

Burton bindings are so obnoxiously big. F*ck Burton bindings. Actually, F*ck burton. (Unfortunately they now own Forum)

Spin off a natural hit, or a booter into 3 ft of powder then you can say it's harder, but not a on perfectly groomed jump..

I'd guanentee riding down a 55-60 degree slope is 100000X harder, and more dangerous. And if it wasn't for burton you could still be riding down the hill on a plank of wood.

You cant say "fuck burton". Hands down that company made snowboarding. It is basically responsable for snowboarding. They have done so much to help the snowboard scene out. With that out of the way I will say As of the last few years (from what I have seen) their product quaility has gone down. Ive seen so may pairs of burton bindings go to shit on their first year. And I have personally witnessed 4 of their snowboards crack, snap, break.

Jake Burton created snowboarding on the east, Tom Sims on the west, so can't give all credit to Jake. Sims is just a dying company i believe, haven't seen much of them around lately.

Yeah i dont like burton anymore besides for their bindings.

Its pretty funny i have an 155 05 shaun white i got for 250

and i have a 150 03 k2 satelite i got for 250 and i like my k2 more than my burton handsdown.

I would sell both anyday for a rome artifact, k2 darkstar or a k2 www they're 3 of the best park boards out there.

But im really upset about burtons 07 stuff. All the boards graphics look like crap. The only nice board is the new custom comming out.

Not trying to be a hardass, Just annoyed by the fact of how arrogant you really are. I can do this, i can do that. Stop claiming i'll believe it when i see it. I don't only carve.. So get your facts straight. Id rather be in the BC then sitting in a park hitting the same jumps and rails all day long(just my preference.) Not saying i don't wander through the park once in awhile.

Edited by Switch096

Jake Burton created snowboarding on the east, Tom Sims on the west, so can't give all credit to Jake. Sims is just a dying company i believe, haven't seen much of them around lately.

you got that straight from first descent, haha

Nah I didn't miss anything bro. My point was that as soon as you mention that you are tied to a company in some way or another, your actions will be the only bearing that others have to go off of in forming a view of that company. I've ridden with Switch once, and wouldn't know him if it weren't for this site. So far, all we have to go off of in terms of Icon is what you've given us. What we know is that you're the best snowboarder on this site and you don't even try, that you get surboards for free and may or may not be able to get us deals, and that instead of sayin something like "yo switch that ain't cool, this is what I think...," you just discredited yourself and your relatives company by your immature response. So far the only view I have of Icon is that some asshole is sponsored by them or hooked up by them. Considering I'm in the market for a board; that doesn't bear well for your relative ehh? Think about it... If you're trying to push a company, don't be an asshole in other threads. Do you see the manager of Bear Creek come to this site and post arrogant remarks in threads about other mountains and then get nice and helpful when talk turns to Bear Creek? At least be smart and make a arrogant poster name and an Icon poster name...

Sorry I'm callin you an asshole, but you just gotta look at your replies from someone elses point of view if you're gonna be reppin a company or a service...

yeah what now son

I'm getting a new board, probably a Forum JP Walker or Joni Malmi, and new bindings. I was thikin Technine cause they say one size fits all but I've tried someone else's technines real quick and my size 13 barely fit. Technines or the new Forum bindings with the cap toe strap thingy.

get a pair a ride bindings they are very responsive. got a pair of ride spi's towards the end of last year and compared to the forums i had they weighted next to nothing. plus u can ride with or with a cap strap

What's a cap strap? Anybody use click-in binginds? The ones VTMark rented at Booter looked sketchy,,, :banghead

a capstrap is the front strap of your binding: instead of the traditional front strap that goes overtop the the toes, the cap strap puts a cap on the front of your toes making your feet stay back in bindings and allowing for better control

click ins i dont like cuz they dont provide enough support, i rented them my first time at Spring mt and never wanted to use them again just because of lack of support

Capstrap

Traditional

Edited by Oakley21

I had the K2 Clickers for 2 seasons, I got the ones with the high back and I liked them. I got new bindings/boots because I grew out of the old boots and they stopped making them. :dunno Not a big deal, step ins are almost extinct now anyway. As for burton gear, I got burton bindings after I got rid of the step ins and I've had problem after problem with them. In 2 years I've had 2 broken toe straps, a blown out highback (can't even begin to guess how the hell that happened) and the whole thing ices like crazy and is unresponsive. I'm going to anything but burton next year. I still like their boards though.

I had the K2 Clickers for 2 seasons, I got the ones with the high back and I liked them. I got new bindings/boots because I grew out of the old boots and they stopped making them. :dunno Not a big deal, step ins are almost extinct now anyway. As for burton gear, I got burton bindings after I got rid of the step ins and I've had problem after problem with them. In 2 years I've had 2 broken toe straps, a blown out highback (can't even begin to guess how the hell that happened) and the whole thing ices like crazy and is unresponsive. I'm going to anything but burton next year. I still like their boards though.

yeah bindings are weird like that, the onces that are supposevly good arent and the ones that suck are good, i picked up a shitty pair of 5150s from the house about 2 seasons ago cuz thats all i had money left for and i rode them for 2 seasons about 100 days and never had a single problem with them, go figure

a capstrap is the front strap of your binding: instead of the traditional front strap that goes overtop the the toes, the cap strap puts a cap on the front of your toes making your feet stay back in bindings and allowing for better control

click ins i dont like cuz they dont provide enough support, i rented them my first time at Spring mt and never wanted to use them again just because of lack of support

Capstrap

Traditional

Not really true about holding your foot towards the back of the binding. It's more of taking the pressure off your pressure points. Most of your response comes from the stiffness of the binding. I could crank my straps down hard core on a set off soft bindings, and still not have extremely good response, because the material bends..

As far as click in's. There sketchy. Some like em, some don't. Not very responsive, and not supportive at all.

It's burton t6 first off. Get out of the park and learn how to actually ride a snowboard, then try and talk shit. Who goes to cali to ride Bear mountain... Thats the biggest waste of money ive ever heard off. Go ride stratton and Mountain creak and save a buck.

Plus i got it for 450, not 670.

Shocked, but i can see what you're coming from. Not true for everyone though, as previously stated.

Get B's. T9 is garbage. and for boots get 32's

32 32 32 32 How many times do i need to say it. they are THE BEST!

I know a kid who has gone through like (mike, correct me if i'm wrong) 6 dominants- he just keeps breaking them. Not a strong selling point :no But anyway, i'm not really big on the burton name. I'm really not that impressed/motivated by their products. Maybe it's because people automatically associate snowboarding with the burton name.

back on topic

i really want to look at a new helmet but there are so many other things i need money for or want to save up for

my parents won't buy me a new 1 b/c there is nothing wrong with my current one just that it is big fits my head just big shape

Point out how unsafe and ineffective it is if there isn't a proper fit...

i dont like click ins because they ice up easily

I rocked switch special xs for a season. I honestly liked them, they WERE responsive (they had highbacks), and didn't ice up that much. But to be honest, the boots are too heavy, and there just isn't any room for customization in fit. The disadvantages definitely outweigh the advantages, so i switched to strap ins- never EVER going back.