Significant snow on Monday!

ColoradoHigh

Well, the Northeast, Philly Eastward might be in for a good amount of snow on Monday, but Accuweather is still tracking it. I will keep you guys updated about it. Its awsome that there will be an early season snowfall :rock

What do you guys think?

Where are all you guys seeing snow, weather.com earlier this afternoon it was saying that there was only a chance of flurries, I don't see where any of you are seeing 4 inches? I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH, the weather has been really depressing. ;)

all early season snow storms cower and will always cower in comparison to the 12/9 snowstorm last year (it was CB's opening day, and i was there) That may have been the only good thing about last winter. 1 foot of REAL POWDER. PA never gets real powder..

by the way, the GFS has PA plenty cold for snow, but has the storm tracking out to sea, with just flurries for PA as it is now, but the GFS generally has an eastern bias, so that could be good news for PA.

Jordan

Edited by jordan

...the 12/9 snowstorm last year (it was CB's opening day, and i was there) That may have been the only good thing about last winter. 1 foot of REAL POWDER. PA never gets real powder..

I remember that, last year. Only down here in southern PA is was not exactly powder, it was more like clotted sugar. Last year did have an awesome start and then January sucked. I'd love to see a nice solid stretch of cold air.

When's the Skiing Weatherman going to bring his site back to life? I keep getting this message:

Site www.skiingweatherman.com not configured.

Please contact RawData support if you believe you have reached this message in error.

Don't forget to keep an eye on this polar map of the temperatures:

http://weather.unisys.com/upper_air/ua_nhem_850.html

Its an upper-atmospheric temp map, but it correlates very well with surface temps. Watch for big lobes to dive down from Canada. that's what we want for snow and for favorable snow making. Deep low pressure systems parked near the south end of Greenland and off shore of Newfoundland help to pull the cold air down into the lower 48 states. And high pressure circulation over northern California/Nevada helps too.