Big Boulder in 10 days

Papasteeze

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to BB's lack of significant vertical, the base area is almost as high as Sno's summit. So overall BB is much colder than Sno. Plus whatever Joe Snedeker says the temps are in Scranton always deduct 7-12 degrees for the BB actual temp. Where's the pics of all the snow made at Sno last night? :confused

Fluffy: BB's summit is one degree colder than Sno's. The mid-mountain lodge at Sno is about the same elevation as the BB lodge, so temps are about the same. It's about three degrees warmer at the North Face base than at it's summit, so when we 'suffer' having to ski the Sno Mountain diamond terrain as opposed to BB's diamond terrain, we are indeed enduring temps as much as four degrees warmer when we hit the lift line than the summit of BB.

Sno Mountain is not in downtown Scranton. There are no city blocks absorbing heat on any of the Sno slopes. It's all about the elevation, son, which is why there's skiing in Hawaii.

Ever since Joe got off his bike in a Maryland mall and kept asking a 15 yr. old girl to squeeze his 'muscular' thigh while on TV, I just can't really take him seriously.

Reminder everyone.. The opening is weather permitting, it looks like rain is on the way. :crymore::banghead

Temps were 20.2 at Boulder last night, so it appears that everyone who turned on the AC and opened thier freezer doors helped. Keep thinking cold, tonight looks good and maybe if we all think snow.... that the impending forecast.... will be an all snow event!!!! Boulders topography is certainly conducive to a little geographic micro climate.

THINK SNOW!

I really wish my boots would come in already so I can get my skis mounted.

But ill be there on Saturday, riding with boots that are 2.5 sizes big on me haha.

straaaaaaight up, me too. I am basically going to riding on the most beat-ass setup cause none of my stuff came in yet

just came from boulder. It's looking real good. Also took a peek in there fab shop. Holy sh*t they are buildin some sick ass sh*t.

Thats all we get? How good is it looking? are the blowing atm? How's the base looking? And for features what is some of the "sick ass shit"?

Sorry im just really hyped.

Thats all we get? How good is it looking? are the blowing atm? How's the base looking? And for features what is some of the "sick ass shit"?

Sorry im just really hyped.

boulder started making snow @ 5:30 tonight.These guy's will pull it off for sat.As for what they are building,Lets just say boulder will be very unique this year.stop by and talk with their staff,cool people on a mission. I hope some of the other ski area's can hang,cause these guy's are going to set the standard.