Full price on opening day

stever2003

I just called Blue, they said lift tickets would be regular price on Friday.

This is bullshit. They'll only have Easy Out, Vista, Midway, Main Street, and Come Around open on Friday. They had the same trails last year at half price. I don't think it's worth it to pay full price for this limited trail selection.

Sounds like I probably won't be skiing at Blue this Friday...damn.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I figured they'd prolly be opening more trails than what are listed, my complaint is based on their advertised opening of Easy Out, Vista, Midway, Main Street, and Come Around. I still dont feel like opening Lazy in addition merits full prices as well, but what can i do?

I'm up for the trip if my friend decides that he wants to spend the money. I figured i'll be going for 12:30-5 and paying $25 with the discount, so that's not terrible. we'll see come thursday-friday when they say what trails theyre actually opening.

Do you think theyll have a few small (like at least 10'-20') jumps or somewhat technical gap to rails set up by sunday - u know just something to dork around on? or would bear be a better bet for that?

I'm kinda spoiled now with boulder having LOVE and freedom setup but i dont feel like making the drive up there if i can shed almost an hr by going to blue. Plus most of my friends just like to cruise and not hit rails and they think boulder is not a good cruising mtn.... lol

I've always thought this would be a good idea but I don't think theres much of a chance it will ever happen.

I'd like to see a mountain with a stepped pricing system. Such as: We charge $ for a certain amount of available terrain, $$ for a larger amount of terrain $$$ for even more and $$$$ for the whole place. This would be a nice thing to do for the customers, and it would encourage the mountain to open more terrain to make more money per ticket.

Do you think theyll have a few small (like at least 10'-20') jumps or somewhat technical gap to rails set up by sunday - u know just something to dork around on? or would bear be a better bet for that?

I'm kinda spoiled now with boulder having LOVE and freedom setup but i dont feel like making the drive up there if i can shed almost an hr by going to blue. Plus most of my friends just like to cruise and not hit rails and they think boulder is not a good cruising mtn.... lol

I'm hoping that there will be NO jumps. Just setup a nice rail garden type run with a few beginner, intermediate, and expert rail setups. Jumps on Come Around are plain and simple just a bad idea. Saw soooo many folks get hurt by maching into jumps on Come Around last year and gapping over the landing to flat. Maybe even setup a small hiking section with two rails side by side on the wider part where its real flat. We'll see...

Dan, from the webcam, they've stopped blowing on most of main street and midway, which means those are done. With the amount of time they have to blow snow from now until opening, there is no reason why they can't have lazy and maybe even the 6pack open,

coupled with the fact that they're blowing all out in the base area.

if blue opens with the trails listed on their web site, which is the usual on opening day, at full price they are going to loose alot of customers. people are not gonna pay that much to ski 4 trails. i mean think about it, for how much time blue has had to make snow they should have at least half the mtn open this friday. people are gonna go to bear or somewhere else to ski because blue will be the only mtn open with only like 4 trails at a very expensive price. oh and blue is def not the best mtn in the pocenos, maybe for just freeriding but way far behind in terrain parks.

if blue opens with the trails listed on their web site, which is the usual on opening day, at full price they are going to loose alot of customers. people are not gonna pay that much to ski 4 trails. i mean think about it, for how much time blue has had to make snow they should have at least half the mtn open this friday. people are gonna go to bear or somewhere else to ski because blue will be the only mtn open with only like 4 trails at a very expensive price. oh and blue is def not the best mtn in the pocenos, maybe for just freeriding but way far behind in terrain parks.

blue may not have the best terrain park, but if you factor in terrain, and terrain parks, it's hard to beat blue's combination.

people buy passes to bear creek for the terrain park because if you ask any person that is not from either mtn they will say bear has the better terrain park and blue has better freeriding. thats basicly what it comes down too

the thing is though, while bear's TP might be better then Blues, that is heavily offset by the fact that blue is 2x the size vertically and horizontally, and has 1082vertical feet of terrain park.

blue may not have the best terrain park, but if you factor in terrain, and terrain parks, it's hard to beat blue's combination.
i agree 100% Parks are not the best, but they are still good and i have a feeling they will be more progressive this year. and the overall terrian is very hard to beat when you look at the size of the closest mountains to it (boulder, bear, spring, etc...) parks are not the only thing that make a mountain good. believe me. i've seen plenty of people that are amazing in the park and can't ski for shit when you give them more than 20 yards between features to ski outside of the park.
the thing is though, while bear's TP might be better then Blues, that is heavily offset by the fact that blue is 2x the size vertically and horizontally, and has 1082vertical feet of terrain park.
also true.

I personally like Blues environment better than Bears. As for parks, I like Blue's jumps better. Just my opinion though. If it comes down to it Boulder Park is way sicker than both but as everyone has said terrain available is definately a giant factor. Most people dont enjoy two minute runs and a 7 minute lift. With the 6 pack and the length of the park, you are riding way more than you are on the lift.

..... blue has better freeriding.

Maybe I'm missing the definition of freeriding, but isnt blue 100% groomed, with limited woods skiing if any?

IMO blue seems to be the best to get alot of (longish) runs in on consistant groomed conditions with the occational bumb run down mainstreet or w/e trail the center one is. That i won't argue with