not even cool.

mollyskeez

Yikes. The level of intolerance among you park rats is weak. Forget about the kids stopping well after the landing to wait for their friends (gee, NOBODY else ever does that!), at least they aren't sitting on their asses right in front of the chairlift or blocking the entire run waiting for the balls to actually go over a jump. By spotting their team mates, they are being safe, and can warn riders uphill if there is a digger. I can't tell you how many times I have barely dodged the remains of some incapable rider splattered all over the landing of a kicker because no-one was there to wave me off.

Those kids are encouraged to try everything on the mountain so they develop into well-rounded skiers; they are limited to 2 runs in the terrain parks all day, so stop your whining. By the time they are 10, they will be kicking your ass all over the hill.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was crazy four or five times I saw multikid pile ups after a rail or hit, my buddy wrecked on the 30ft and kids where trying to slide it with his face still on the rail. Park crew tries but they really can't do a whole lot. If you built every booter as a death gap that would help somewhat but something has to be done before someone gets stomped on.

That is sheer idiocy. Look at the demographics around here... 90% of the riders around here are beginners. Barring them from terrain will just get you a bankrupt ski hill. Building dangerous gaps is the last thing you should do. On the contrary, those jumps should not have a dropoff at all; they should all be tabletops. That way, you don't get little kids augering in after the dropoff, the beginners can stay upright and get out of the way more easily, and everyone can spot the landing better and see any potential wrecks when the landing is cluttered with body parts.

Yikes. The level of intolerance among you park rats is weak. Forget about the kids stopping well after the landing to wait for their friends (gee, NOBODY else ever does that!), at least they aren't sitting on their asses right in front of the chairlift or blocking the entire run waiting for the balls to actually go over a jump. By spotting their team mates, they are being safe, and can warn riders uphill if there is a digger. I can't tell you how many times I have barely dodged the remains of some incapable rider splattered all over the landing of a kicker because no-one was there to wave me off.

Those kids are encouraged to try everything on the mountain so they develop into well-rounded skiers; they are limited to 2 runs in the terrain parks all day, so stop your whining. By the time they are 10, they will be kicking your ass all over the hill.

1)if they are supposed to be a race team why should they be well rounded

2)when have you even seen anyone block an entire run

3)we actually get out of the landing to tell our friends what we did, even tho we shouldnt be stopping at all

4)they should be limited to ZERO runs all day

5) none of us in here complaining are the ten year olds who sit after the jumps like your kids

6)they are going to get hurt

7) YOU CALL US THE THREAT NOW? WTF?

oh yeah i bet they will... hey buddy im a girl im thirteen and i bet im pretty good at park compared to some other riders. im not getting why you would put down my skills and other people on here just because we are saying how we feel about the race team in the park. i really wouldnt care at all if they were in there as long as they they weren cutting my and others off or indangering themselves by sitting in a landing or on a lip. i kno if i was flying thoruogh the air i certainly would not risk hurting my self to aviod them just beause they are sitting in a place they are not sopossed to be.

oh yeah i bet they will... hey buddy im a girl im thirteen and i bet im pretty good at park compared to some other riders

Im thirteen too and not be be conceded or anything but I throw down really good for my age and not too be mean, but some of those kids dont look like they will ever touch the park

wow dude u probally the noob sitting on the landing the other day that i hit .the race team weaves through thinkin they own the world..missdemeanors got it right puttin us al down just cuz u r a man that wears tights weaving trough poles(no offense to other downhill skiers that r cool unlike this dude)umm and btw they are not even close to warning each other buddy they just go over the lip..yayyyyyyyyy so much fun....they also are messin up the lips doin that to ..same im almost 13 i hang with missdemeanor and yeah were both pretty good for our age..puttin us all down thats not cool man....thats low

everyone thinks they know everything as always.

umm i dont think i know everything... and if thats how i came off i didnt mean to im just frustrated by the race team in the parks and slider isnt exactly making me feel better lol

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

Those kids are in the park for not more that 1 run in the morning or 1 run in the afternoon during training. After they are done training they are free to ski the hill just like the rest of you. I have seen a lot more beginners who outweigh the number of racers in the park that should not be in there period.

most likely we should prob. stop while we are ahead.

That sounds like a good idea.

dont stomp on the kids, they have no say in where their instructor takes them. stomp on the instructor.

Then run like holy fucking hell :sprint

Just to be clear, almost 3/4 of the little kids in development programs become freestylers. I guess it riles people up more to refer to them as 3 yr old racers?

Then run like holy fucking hell :sprint

Just to be clear, almost 3/4 of the little kids in development programs become freestylers. I guess it riles people up more to refer to them as 3 yr old racers?

i refered to them as 3 year old racers because they are following a guy wearing a race team jacket... ok im done.

i refered to them as 3 year old racers because they are following a guy wearing a race team jacket... ok im done.

I wasn't giving anyone crap. I just wanted to point out that most of those kids aren't future racers, despite what coat the instructors are wearing. They get introduced to to all parts of the mountain and the vast majority beg to go back to the park. By the time kids are 15 to 19, there's only a total of less than 150 left in the entire state.

oh yeah i bet they will... hey buddy im a girl im thirteen and i bet im pretty good at park compared to some other riders. im not getting why you would put down my skills and other people on here just because we are saying how we feel about the race team in the park. i really wouldnt care at all if they were in there as long as they they weren cutting my and others off or indangering themselves by sitting in a landing or on a lip. i kno if i was flying thoruogh the air i certainly would not risk hurting my self to aviod them just beause they are sitting in a place they are not sopossed to be.

Missdemeanor, let me clarify:

1. I apologize if you inferred that your skills are sub-par; I have seen some impressive talent at Bear Creek, and you may well be one of them.

2. I have nothing against boarders in general; I board and ski myself.

3. My point of contention is the attitude that only certain people deserve the ride the park. I get as frustrated as you do with beginners who don't observe decent etiquette and put themselves and the skilled riders at risk; but the bottom line is that if they have a ticket, they get to ride. If they are 6 or 60... doesn't matter. Singling out the little kids who happen to have an orange jacket is what got me PO'd. Condemning them specifically wasn't fair.

Dassit, I'm out.

anyone can ride in the parks as long as they follow smartstyle. seriously i could give two shits if you fall after every rail as long as you clear the landing in a timely fashion and dont clog up the park. the race team however is truly a problem at bear creek. their instructors constantly have them waiting around in blind spots on the landings of cascades jumps. i'm not saying i want it to happen, but just one little crash and they will learn their lesson.

Missdemeanor, let me clarify:

1. I apologize if you inferred that your skills are sub-par; I have seen some impressive talent at Bear Creek, and you may well be one of them.

2. I have nothing against boarders in general; I board and ski myself.

3. My point of contention is the attitude that only certain people deserve the ride the park. I get as frustrated as you do with beginners who don't observe decent etiquette and put themselves and the skilled riders at risk; but the bottom line is that if they have a ticket, they get to ride. If they are 6 or 60... doesn't matter. Singling out the little kids who happen to have an orange jacket is what got me PO'd. Condemning them specifically wasn't fair.

Dassit, I'm out.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

i had an encounter with a race coach in the lift line when he cut me off and i pretty much fell. he politely told me he'd break my neck for me.

to which i replied he'd have to pry me off his wifes ass first.

why are so many employees at BC so rude?

Edited by vincent vega

That is sheer idiocy. Look at the demographics around here... 90% of the riders around here are beginners. Barring them from terrain will just get you a bankrupt ski hill. Building dangerous gaps is the last thing you should do. On the contrary, those jumps should not have a dropoff at all; they should all be tabletops. That way, you don't get little kids augering in after the dropoff, the beginners can stay upright and get out of the way more easily, and everyone can spot the landing better and see any potential wrecks when the landing is cluttered with body parts.

Hahah I believe your sarcasm meter must be broken, death gaps aside you have to agree that there is a serious problem with gapers in the parks. I'm not talking about skill level per se but the lack of park etiquette that causes serious problems.

I have no particular problem with racers, I used to race alot and still run Nastar occasionally but gapers need to learn the fuckin rules. It isn't the core guys who ride everyday, it isn't the park crew, it isn't the young bucks its the fuckin gapers who are getting carted out on the meat wagon every weekend. I wouldn't let my brother with a learner permit hop in a Veyron just like I wouldn't let him hit 20 footers it called being responsible. When I ride I'm responsible for me and whoever I'm with to make sure were riding smart, so yeah it pisses people off when you are essentially at the mercy of other Jongs who have no idea what they are doing.

And definitely check out their park, Raj :)

yes yes, i will try the park at bear creek. I do not jump so good and this was only the second time to america for a ski holiday. how about snow mountain - is this good too? Now that i am home in mumbai, it is too hot. the only ski we have is in Gulmarg near pakistan but that is many many kilometers from here. and it is dangerous too - if you are not careful they will shoot at the gondola. jack frost was very good for me and blue mountain is very big