not even cool.

mollyskeez

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait BEar Creek has a race team???? Is this the thing AJ Kitt is a part of???? I thought there was a clear rule that lessons are not allowed in the terrain park???? Maybe that's at Blue..all I know is that Park Rats have a sense of entitlement and racer kids are fruity..

Ya thats at Blue that lessons aren't allowed in the park, which makes sense to me. I for one am all for race teams being allowed to go through to park, as long as the coaches are teaching them to call their drop, stay away from landings and lips if they aren't hitting the jumps, and not hitting the lips to rails as sweet jumps to get 3 feet of air off of. This weekend two of the race coaches at Blue took their group through the park and had their kids waiting in the right areas, dropping one by one, and generally not acting like idiots.

When it comes down to it, kids will be kids. I know when I was 10-11-12-13-14 years old I woulda been the gaper jumping off every stupid thing in sight. I know things are different know with respect to the fact that we now have 40 foot jumps in the middle of trails, but just continue to be kind to people that need a few tips about how to ride the park or through the park, and things will slowly change.

Wait BEar Creek has a race team???? Is this the thing AJ Kitt is a part of???? I thought there was a clear rule that lessons are not allowed in the terrain park???? Maybe that's at Blue..all I know is that Park Rats have a sense of entitlement and racer kids are fruity..

mr steezman you are here too! how are you today? how do you know of all these hill stations? it is so hot in mumbai and i miss my board and snow. you should come visit here and see Haji's tomb.

Chiggity Check Yourself before you riggity Wreck yourself....

Be sure to yell drop in several languages as well as sign language...

Be sure to heckle people from the lifts...

If you're a sponsored skier/rider..be sure to tell everybody and act like a cocky SOB

and remember sign language doesnt count as the middle finger and no you cant do sign language with mittens

I don't know how to say this nicely and in a way that will not offend everyone on here, has anyone felt like over the past two years the atmosphere around/at bear has changed as far as rider/staff and management interaction and support I feel like this year their coping out on a lot of things and letting a lot slide that didn't last year and that things are kind of falling apart; maybe I've had bad days recently or I've been there on their bad days who knows but what does everyone else think?

I don't know how to say this nicely and in a way that will not offend everyone on here, has anyone felt like over the past two years the atmosphere around/at bear has changed as far as rider/staff and management interaction and support I feel like this year their coping out on a lot of things and letting a lot slide that didn't last year and that things are kind of falling apart; maybe I've had bad days recently or I've been there on their bad days who knows but what does everyone else think?

Examples?

What it is Rajeev??? Yeah man so far this season I've visited 9 different hill stations not bad for being a Blue whore. I'm thinking of visiting Mumbai some time soon...would you show me around??? I heard there are lots of good rails in Mumbai for an impromptu urban session...mad steezy yo. Did you know the Beach Boys origionally wanted the song California girls to be Mumbai girls...wow maybe I'll find a curry and rice girl,,,lmfao...

I need to teach the race team kids smartstyle..

i don't know this blue whore and i have heard of california girls. yes, i will gladly show you around mumbai - it is hot and crowded but it is getting better. It was once called bombay. i must work tomorrow

Burton examples of how things have gotten shitty, lips are getting cut because people are "getting hurt" (gapers who shouldn't be in the parks), security coming down on us when we were there for our CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY; we got hastled because we had our boards inside we were told by our guy in guest services we could keep 'em inside 'till board check opened and this guy even talked to the guy who said it and still hastled us. Then there was this past weekend when my friends and I were threatened with "ejection from the premises" if we kept our language up (one of us called another one an ass hole because they lied about not having money they owed the other and then went and got food) or when we got hastled during the open house of the new hotel by security for looking at the new features for this year.

All in all people have just gotten a lot more uptight things are no longer as relaxed it's beat but I still love the people who ride at bear and the park crew knows what's up so it's a good reason to stick around, well that and it only being a 45 minute drive is legit.

Burton examples of how things have gotten shitty, lips are getting cut because people are "getting hurt" (gapers who shouldn't be in the parks), security coming down on us when we were there for our CUSTOMER APPRECIATION DAY; we got hastled because we had our boards inside we were told by our guy in guest services we could keep 'em inside 'till board check opened and this guy even talked to the guy who said it and still hastled us. Then there was this past weekend when my friends and I were threatened with "ejection from the premises" if we kept our language up (one of us called another one an ass hole because they lied about not having money they owed the other and then went and got food) or when we got hastled during the open house of the new hotel by security for looking at the new features for this year.

All in all people have just gotten a lot more uptight things are no longer as relaxed it's beat but I still love the people who ride at bear and the park crew knows what's up so it's a good reason to stick around, well that and it only being a 45 minute drive is legit.

I haven't encountered anything like that up there yet, but that is kind of bad to hear. Thats the kind of stuff that could give the place a bad name.

Everyone of the people I have dealt with have been nice, but I pretty much only talk to the park crew and the bartenders.

today i saw a little kid with a bear creek race team jacket yard sale off a jump that i was about to hit. then i watched 3 maybe 4 people hit the jump and run over his gear/ almost run over him while he was sitting on the landing try to get his gear just because he was sitting in a blind spot.

today i saw a little kid with a bear creek race team jacket yard sale off a jump that i was about to hit. then i watched 3 maybe 4 people hit the jump and run over his gear/ almost run over him while he was sitting on the landing try to get his gear just because he was sitting in a blind spot.

yep thats how it goes...

I saw three tiny kids wearing BC race team shit rolling up in cascade around the cliff and down flat down and one of them totally blocked off the d.f.d. and a snowboarder and a skier almost killed them both and finally one boarder slowed down and just made the kids move, I don't get what the race teams attraction is to the parks I mean they took timberline and completely revamped it and changed it all up for racing they have a trail, stay out of the parks.

Uh, who are you saying was wrong in your little made up scenario? You say he was "sitting in a blind spot". According to you, the kid fucking wiped out (in your made up scenario) and was gathering his gear. Wouldn't it be the fault of the assholes not waiting for the landing to clear? What's the 'smartstyle' on that one? Anyone that crashes is fair game for landing on? Was the kid getting out of their way too slowly? Goddamn kids that may be hurt and don't scramble out of your way fast enough. BC is getting the rep is deserves. Hate, hate, hate.

ski, i agree with your point, but it happens all too often at bear when no one is hurt. the kid who fell will just sit there and wait for his buddy then they both sit there and talk about how extreme it was. or someone falls, sits there and decides that his bindings straps cant wait to clear the landing and adjusts them for a minute.

but rabs story is just lame. he cant clear the landing without getting his gear.

I saw three tiny kids wearing BC race team shit rolling up in cascade around the cliff and down flat down and one of them totally blocked off the d.f.d. and a snowboarder and a skier almost killed them both and finally one boarder slowed down and just made the kids move, I don't get what the race teams attraction is to the parks I mean they took timberline and completely revamped it and changed it all up for racing they have a trail, stay out of the parks.

More hate. Dude, just keep something in mind: every place you ever go outside of the park, you are in my or my friends way. Would it be cool for me to get in your face and tell you to get back in the fucking park because you are so fucking slow? No. And I'm sure you don't get what I'm saying.

ski, i agree with your point, but it happens all too often at bear when no one is hurt. the kid who fell will just sit there and wait for his buddy then they both sit there and talk about how extreme it was. or someone falls, sits there and decides that his bindings straps cant wait to clear the landing and adjusts them for a minute.

but rabs story is just lame. he cant clear the landing without getting his gear.

Dan, I know it sounds like I'm starting shit, but I'm really not. I'm just trying to say that there's no way to bully other skiers or riders into doing what you want. It ALWAYS ends up bad and with fights. MC was a perfect example, with a dozen police calls every weekend day. I have a friend who is a high school race team coach who had his team leave the mountain permanently because of the fighting.

I visited a friend two summers ago to surf in Southern California. If you tried to catch a wave that a local was dropping in on, you got beat up. The locals feel like they own the ocean.

Aside from official policies like park passes, there is no real answer to 'patrolling' the slopes. 13 yr old park rats can't be in charge of telling paying customers where to ski/board. In the Poconos, we're all skiing and riding the same 'introductory' terrain open to everyone, unless it's closed off for comps/races. Did BC really tell park kids to police the parks themselves? I can't even picture that. Management's only effective option is to have Rangers or patrollers do it.

Park crews just have to fix lips just like NASTAR course workers just have to tolerate people who dangerously wander onto race courses. Just this last Sunday, a friend of mine was on a race course when some newbie skied right in front of her and started turning around gates in a wedge. Everyone started screaming at the guy, but he had no idea what was going on. The guy won't do it again, but there were 100 other people on that bus from Maryland that would. It kind of sucks, but you have to give up yelling and just understand where we live.

Hate never works.

I visited a friend two summers ago to surf in Southern California. If you tried to catch a wave that a local was dropping in on, you got beat up. The locals feel like they own the ocean.

Hate never works.

Hate works pretty well in surfing doesn't it? .........and this whole thing is nothing compared to surfing and you do start shit all the time.

Hate works pretty well in surfing doesn't it? .........and this whole thing is nothing compared to surfing and you do start shit all the time.

No, hate doesn't work in surfing. Too many Cali surfers are wannabe gangsters. And you are wrong about starting shit. I just call out people on dumbass posts.

BTW, just out of curiosity, since you say I start shit "all the time" how about backing that post up with a few times I started shit. Lets see some examples of where I actually started it.

BTW, just out of curiosity, since you say I start shit "all the time" how about backing that post up with a few times I started shit. Lets see some examples of where I actually started it.

Can I get in on that?

That "call out" quoted above is stimuli for starting shit, IMO... Furthermore, you also know that you start crap directly at me "all the time". You can't be that oblivious.

Interesting enough, cyber bully conversation came up at dinner the other night in reference to a teacher asking the question "who here has been bullied? I suggested to them to have thier teacher check this board and to look at your posts. I post something about a mountain or a policy or whatever and you will frequently then reply with a direct personal comment/attack about my kids or me.

If that isn't starting shit, then what is? My opinion of a ski hill or your rebuttals?

Can I get in on that?

That "call out" quoted above is stimuli for starting shit, IMO... Furthermore, you also know that you start crap directly at me "all the time". You can't be that oblivious.

Interesting enough, cyber bully conversation came up at dinner the other night in reference to a teacher asking the question "who here has been bullied? I suggested to them to have thier teacher check this board and to look at your posts. I post something about a mountain or a policy or whatever and you will frequently then reply with a direct personal comment/attack about my kids or me.

If that isn't starting shit, then what is? My opinion of a ski hill or your rebuttals?

A classic narcissist like you believes everything they say. But just because you say something, Rob, doesn't make it a fact. And once you posted my home phone number and encouraged kids to threaten my wife, you lost any of your credibility of claiming to be a victim.

and papasteeze, i thought your kids were homeschooled?

:lol: That's too funny. I have to ask this question though: home schooled by whom?

Rob, it's spelled 'THEIR'. I'm really not a stickler about grammar and spelling, but at least get that one correct.

So that was their homework? Really, Rob? You sent your kids to school to have their teacher log onto PASR and then look up my posts? You are so full of crap. You made that up.

Lastly, I'll back out of this thread and let it get back onto it's angry topic. But I have friends who work at BC and hope you guys can figure out how to get along on the slopes without jumping on each other or threatening to bring guns.