SNOWWWWWWWW

Melissa

Walked out of Farley's tonight around 10:30 and it was SNOWING!! (in Scranton.) Very exciting stuff. Accumulating on cars, grass, and roads slightly right now.

My girlfriend just called and told me it is snowing by her (Poughkeepsie) so it must be in the Catskills as well. Southern Vermont got some showers too.

In Delaware - nothing. Why did I move so far south? I'm such an IDIOT.

Nice Snow Stoke Rober..Based on part of your beard ad nose..I will be able to spot you on the slopes this winter and we ca shred the gnar!!!

Sorry about the partial picture.

Its a cell phone shot and I had to do it real quick and stow the phone and get the mitten back on

before dropping the phone in the lake.

I have to figure out a better way to take pictures when wearing snow clothes besides removing

gloves or mittens to hit the tiny buttons.

Its easy to find me on the snow even when wrapped up for weather.

Just look for the helmet cam.

Wow we actually got a dusting in Newark, Delaware today. A little bit stuck to the ground/roof/cars. Usually never see that before December, if during the 1st semester at all.

Yeah and most snow in that area turns into the rain shortly after and doesn't stick around. I am like 15mins from UD.

Aren't you nervous about tipping over and falling into the cold wateR?

Cold water is the last thing on my mind.

Drowning is first. That's what I worry about.

I try to stay out of the water.

Most of the lake is no more than 3 feet deep when 100 feet from the shoreline

so flipping would smack your head on rocks.

If you fall in the best thing to do is walk out of the lake.

Cold water is the last thing on my mind.

Drowning is first. That's what I worry about.

I try to stay out of the water.

Most of the lake is no more than 3 feet deep when 100 feet from the shoreline

so flipping would smack your head on rocks.

If you fall in the best thing to do is walk out of the lake.

Normally I wouldn't say this to a flatwater kayaker, but since you like to boat in the cold...

I think you should try to learn to roll. Go to some roll clinics, or take lessons from Jim Thorpe River Adventures (I don't think they call them lessons, but they are). A skirt a dry top and a roll will keep you from getting in a bad situation where you are walking out of a lake in the COLD weather.

Normally I wouldn't say this to a flatwater kayaker, but since you like to boat in the cold...

I think you should try to learn to roll. Go to some roll clinics, or take lessons from Jim Thorpe River Adventures (I don't think they call them lessons, but they are). A skirt a dry top and a roll will keep you from getting in a bad situation where you are walking out of a lake in the COLD weather.

Snowboarding is back in full swing next week so kayaking is done until spring time.

I know the local kayaking schools.

I never considered doing river kayaking and lake kayaking isn't radical like whitewater but keeps a body in great

shape and balance until the real fun starts again on the snow.

Doing a five mile run around a lake every day for 6 months probably added at least another winter of life to my body.

Its coming down pretty steadily and accumulating here in State College. I had to sweep off the walkway in front of the house for the first time all year on my way out to class this morning. No doubt its already covered up again though.