This weather blows

ColoradoHigh

Well, they couldn't open here. We used to open on Thanksgiving, but with new ownership, they pushed the date back over a week last year and the expected opening day this year was Dec. 6. That did NOT happen. They opened this past Tuesday with TWO trails, one green, one blue. However we have started to get snow. Of course, I haven't been cleared to ski yet. I go to the Physical Therapist (actually I go to the facility 3 to 4 times a week, but I don't always have a session with the PT) today and I've asked that he do tests to clear me for skiing. I am the ONLY one so far who thinks I might be able to do it. The surgeon said February, my husband says take the season off, and the OTHER PT (the guy's partner) says I'm not "going to get out of (there) that easy". I know I may find that they are all correct, but I'd like to give it a shot. But if my PT gives me any kind of clearance, my goal is Monday.

I'm with your husband. I love to ski, but I wouldn't ski till I was able to ski like I did prior to my injury. Otherwise, it's just too frustrating.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck, thats not what i wanted to here.Im leaving for bloomsburg in an hour or so, and then friday Im going down to university park. I was hoping for no ice,and maybe a little snow tommorow.

You should be ok. Snow overnight and tomorrow morning and they do a great job of clearing it here.

Fuck, thats not what i wanted to here.Im leaving for bloomsburg in an hour or so, and then friday Im going down to university park. I was hoping for no ice,and maybe a little snow tommorow.

Here in Bloom its all rain. Not nearly cold enough to freeze either. So don't worry about here. What are ur plans to do at Bloom tonight? Not much going on but I know of one party if you can't find anything else.

I'm with your husband. I love to ski, but I wouldn't ski till I was able to ski like I did prior to my injury. Otherwise, it's just too frustrating.
Well, I always start out slow and build up. I think it's skiing that gets you ready to ski. You just don't want me on the vert list.....

Well, they couldn't open here. We used to open on Thanksgiving, but with new ownership, they pushed the date back over a week last year and the expected opening day this year was Dec. 6. That did NOT happen. They opened this past Tuesday with TWO trails, one green, one blue. However we have started to get snow. Of course, I haven't been cleared to ski yet. I go to the Physical Therapist (actually I go to the facility 3 to 4 times a week, but I don't always have a session with the PT) today and I've asked that he do tests to clear me for skiing. I am the ONLY one so far who thinks I might be able to do it. The surgeon said February, my husband says take the season off, and the OTHER PT (the guy's partner) says I'm not "going to get out of (there) that easy". I know I may find that they are all correct, but I'd like to give it a shot. But if my PT gives me any kind of clearance, my goal is Monday.

The problem with the "well I'll see how it feels and it doesn't work out I won't do it again" school of recovery is that the one try can cause a LOT of damage and sets you back even further, no matter how easy you take it. I went back too early after a neck injury this summer and it put me back weeks and weeks. I lasted about 15 minutes playing the sport before it became way too painful, even though it hadn't bothered me during the normal day for a few weeks.

Reading about injurys blows even worse than this weather..it's Frozen precipitation in the Poconos..the start to a deep snowpack that will melt away Monday...

What do you mean by the last part about Monday? I haven't looked at the weather in ages since I'll be buried in textbooks for the next 192 hours. Looking forward to Mount Snow Dec 21 to restart my season off.

Injuries suck so bad, my girlfriend blew out her knee playing soccer and its tough snowboarding sometimes, though I do believe knee injuries are more of a problem skiing than snowboarding. I hope my neck doesn't come back to bite me this year, I'm taking it easy in the park until I really know how strong it is. I do know that it doesn't bother me free riding and I was worried that the vibrations might bother it because for a while even driving in a car made me feel like some asshole was poking needles into my neck.

Even if I drop over and die tomorrow....I'll still beat you this year :wub:
Wow, yeah, I see you have 13 days and 147,000 feet. If you died tomorrow, I am sure I can beat THAT. That would be assuming I wasn't allowed to start until February and you died 12/12.

I am sure I won't CATCH you this year, assuming both of us survive the season....

The problem with the "well I'll see how it feels and it doesn't work out I won't do it again" school of recovery is that the one try can cause a LOT of damage and sets you back even further, no matter how easy you take it. I went back too early after a neck injury this summer and it put me back weeks and weeks. I lasted about 15 minutes playing the sport before it became way too painful, even though it hadn't bothered me during the normal day for a few weeks.
I'm allowed to start off easy in a few days.

Man I just took the worst bike ride ever. It is POURING way more than at any point during the day, and its getting really close to freezing. I was soaked completely by the time I got back from the library. Its impossible to see the difference between 1/4" of water and 3" of water at night and I definitely hit some of the latter. I intellectually know that this much moisture just wouldn't come in the form of a snow storm but god I wish that was 3 feet of snow instead of 3 inches of rain.

I saw some ugly numbers around, 1+ inches of ice coming down tonight in some places. Ouch.

Yo chippy, i know its really frustrating! i'm really mad too actually. but really we gotta realize that this is freaking PA, and also this is EARLY december.. our winters here dont get snowy till january usually. when was the last time we had a white christmas? i think it was about three years ago... it doesn't happen often, you think you'd be used to it after living her for so long.

I'm not dissing or "bitching" on you, cuz i'm frustrated to. but tonight snowmaking temps will return. and we're just lucky to have the lifts open... Cuz as for moving to cali, i would suggest not to. this is a quote from a guy from another forum who lives in Cali.

This is the second time I have been fecked over by my local forecasts.

Things were looking awesome and cold, we even got some snow storms... but now everythings going right back to being .000001 degrees too warm to sustain blown snow.

If it doesn't cool down to snow making temps next week Southern California resorts will set a new record for latest opening.

This is a textbook example of the proper situation to use the word gay ie. The weather is being pretty fecking gay.

Edited by boardin_nerd