anyone wanna buy a car?

Justo8484

just throwing this up to gauge interest. i'm looking at buying a new car now that i'm out of school and a real life working person and all that business. i currently drive a 98 legacy gt wagon and wanted to see if there was any interest here. 182k miles, 2.5l flat 4 cyl. rated at 165hp, 5speed manual transmition, leather seats, sunroof, factory rack, some minor dents in the drive door and front left fender from a deer that decided to sneak out onto the road, but no damage to anything internal from that. i don't really have a certain price i'm looking for, just seeing if anyone is interested.

I might be interested. My car needs a new engine and is sitting in Silverthorne dead. Being carless out here sucks. The only problems are 1. I wouldn't be able to offer much....$2500 is all I can really throw up, and 2. I'm 1700 miles away....

I might be interested. My car needs a new engine and is sitting in Silverthorne dead. Being carless out here sucks. The only problems are 1. I wouldn't be able to offer much....$2500 is all I can really throw up, and 2. I'm 1700 miles away....

You killed a 2.2 engine?! How many miles are on that piece?

you can EASILY find a decent older suby for that in the denver metro area. so many of them floating about. no need to fly home and drive it all the way out here. (sorry justo, it just doesn't make sense, haha). i've even scene four cylinder high mileage tacos for that price. you're better off buying something out here anyway, a lot less worry with rust and what not.

136k. Was sitting in traffic on I-70 and the interior filled with smoke. Popped the hood, all the coolant was gone. Needs a new head gasket.

Wow that sucks man... Not a cheap repair at all, but if you fixed it and made sure you watched the fluid levels and changed the oil you would get at least another 100,000 out of that car. As long as the block isn't shot. All aluminum motor...

you can EASILY find a decent older suby for that in the denver metro area. so many of them floating about. no need to fly home and drive it all the way out here. (sorry justo, it just doesn't make sense, haha). i've even scene four cylinder high mileage tacos for that price. you're better off buying something out here anyway, a lot less worry with rust and what not.

No doubt. There are a TON of Subarus in CO.

Wow that sucks man... Not a cheap repair at all, but if you fixed it and made sure you watched the fluid levels and changed the oil you would get at least another 100,000 out of that car. As long as the block isn't shot. All aluminum motor...

No doubt. There are a TON of Subarus in CO.

Might also be able to part it out for another 5hundo or so. Combined with what you have already it could be a nice little pile of money to use towards something used and maybe a little nicer then what you had. There is certainly demand around her for parts.

BTW Justin: I paid for a month of Carfax reports when I was truck shopping. So if you shoot me Vin#s I can check them out for you. I think I've got like 2 weeks or so left on the subscription. Just a nice little way to eliminate the real lemons while looking around online. Certainly isn't fail safe, but at least you can narrow down the one's you want to test drive to cars you know are halfway decent.

Edited by nick malozzi

i completely agree. i'm sure there are tons of subys out in colorado. justin, you might be able to find a used engine somewhere out there and yank the gaskets out of that if you've got the space to do the work on it if you feel mechanically inclined.

i completely agree. i'm sure there are tons of subys out in colorado. justin, you might be able to find a used engine somewhere out there and yank the gaskets out of that if you've got the space to do the work on it if you feel mechanically inclined.

you could probably by a new head gasket cheaper than an engine. it is an expensive repair because it takes time and skill not because the head gasket is expensive.

you could probably by a new head gasket cheaper than an engine. it is an expensive repair because it takes time and skill not because the head gasket is expensive.

exactly, but depending on how bad the gasket is damaged, it can damage the pistons rings and seals too. when the gasket isnt there, or is worn, the pistons get some wiggle room, which can cause ever more damage, so there might be a need for some new parts in that area as well.