Killington to Open Tomorrow

Ride Delaware ?

you don't need to worry about getting stopped with your cruise set to 75 in a 65. I have never heard of anyone getting stopped going less than 80 in a 65, at least anywhere in the mid Atlantic or new England.

My only ticket in the last 10 years was for going 78 in a 65 on 476S. Near the lehigh rest area. That same year I was stopped going 114 in a 65 in NJ and let go with a verbal warning.

Edited by poconoceancity

Back when I was in High School going to Lake Placid/Whiteface with ski club the bus driver was stopped going like 73mph in a 65mph zone and they can get you gor going 5+ over the speed limit.but driving to Vermont going 65mph on average will get you there about an hour slower than going 80mph on average and you won't get a speeding ticket...anywhere in the 70s is gray area to me..and I won't go that fast for any prolonged stretch unless all the cars are going that fast. Doesn't seem worth it to lose $200 to save a few minutes but I shouldn't talk as up until I quit gambling 30 days a go I was dropping that much and more on hands of BJ and roulette spins..LTD

Wheels down in 2 days and 17 hours..Boo Yah..any diehard skier and rider worth their salt will be at the Big K this weekend..gonna be legit..too legit to quit..

kinda bummed i can't head up there this weekend. i've got other things to take care of.

You guys heading up to Killington may be in luck... Last post from KZone said that there had been 4-6 up top with a little sleet and snow... Rain down low, but looks like the snowmaking trails have been spared the worst of it... With only another 1/4 to 1/2 inch forecasted for the night, and Killington never getting above 35 today, it should still be good Sunday, especially after Saturday snowmaking...

Ride Deleware...i've worked out a bit this summer but hiking in ski boots up a couple hundred steps with skis slung over your shoulder is gonna make me sweaty fo sheezy. It's never been my goal to get into good shape for ski season, just to get into good shape in general....right now I'm still overweight but at least not obese like I was earlier in the summer. For my height obese is over 215 pounds.

What are you at 214?

On topic..tomorrow at this time I'll be on the road...I need to start gathering my ski stuff..alot of my ski stuff is still in the trunk of my car from last season..probably the last time using my old Atomic boots as I'm getting new boots soon...It's hard to believe I'll be skiing Sunday morning as it doesn't feel like sku season yet and I'm still rocking flip flops..be prepared for tons of stoke...pictures..videos..reports..and it's not to late for other PASRs to go as well..raking leaves can be postponed..

You should hit up Northern Ski Works while you're there for your boot fitting. Ask for Hal.

I just want to say one thing, before you guys hit the road for K-Ton.

FUCK YOU!!! I'M JEALOUS AS HELL!!!

Dude, as long as my wife's breathing improves, I got room for 2. Just bring a super warm sleeping bag, it gets cold in the Rocketbox! :rofl