Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I heard Sunday river is doing OK...how many runs do they have open? Stowe is at 50 trails and falling fast

In comparison, we are doing ok, but it is still tough out there for anybody... 80 degrees and sunny will destroy anybodys snowpack... We are advertising 78 trails open, but some of those are segments, and there is some walking required... Today was the last REAL warm day, but tomorrow will still be 60 and sunny... Tomorrow night it will cool down below freezing... I guess we will see what the final damage report is on Saturday morning... Regardless of the outcome, there is still some good snow to be found, just make sure you wear the rock skis...

I was really thinking about going to hunter on Saturday. But now I'm like fuck it and tomorrow after work, I'm gonna clean & lube up the bike chain, check to make sure everything still works and go for my 1st ride on Saturday.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

we did run a lift and had the deepest snow of the year on the 24th. it was fun. It melted quick when the temps hit the 40's but we managed to keep it open until 3pm. It was the latest 7springs has ever been open. Free hot dogs and cheap beer specials to boot. about 1000 people showed up

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

i agree....this summer def hasn't been as bad as last (not to mention it seems to be flying by for me!). although, mrs. guitar73 saw a long range winter forecast and it didn't look too promising for PA and the catskills...but a little better for northern VT. gotta take that with a grain of salt, or maybe even the whole salt shaker, lol. last year's long range winter forecast had us with an average winter. we all know that was full of s***....

Last winter was pretty average for PA. I feel like the cold and snowy winters are anomolys.

i dunno...we only got 2 or 3 inches (officially, not counting that halloween storm) down here. the average in philly is around 20 inches with average temps being in the high 30's, low 40's. we had really below average winter...at least in SEPA.

i dunno...we only got 2 or 3 inches (officially, not counting that halloween storm) down here. the average in philly is around 20 inches with average temps being in the high 30's, low 40's. we had really below average winter...at least in SEPA.

Up in Maine we had a pretty average winter when it came to temperatures, if you exclude the 80 degree first week of March... We were way under in terms of precipitation :(