Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I'm starting to get pissed off about this weather. The thing is its become the norm for 70 degree temperatures every month of the year all the way up to Canada. I'm going to Tahoe in three weeks and they are hurting for certain with a dry forecast...If it doesn't dump my parents are gonna give me grief for needing 4WD...gapers.

except it can go from bone dry for weeks to 5 feet overnight in tahoe, and that's not abnormal.

I got out at SR for four runs when I got up here yesterday, and it's pretty rough here too... Definitely some applesauce with some decent bare spots... It rained pretty hard, so I have no idea what the mountain looks like now, but it is going to take some major resurfacing to get back to where they were a week ago... I've heard that the cold air trapped in Alaska is starting to move East into Canada, so hopefully that will continue and the cold temps will arrive soon... The next week looks up and down, but the end of the ten day looks reassuring...

From Hunter's website just updated today:

Finally some snowmaking weather is in sight! Our snowmaking crew is in place and waiting for the temperature to drop a bit more. We'll be firing up the guns for summit snowmaking later this afternoon, with a possibility of making snow on top through the day on Friday. Friday night looks like the best night before a slight warm-up over the weekend. We will NOT be opening this weekend, but we'll at least get some base down on the upper part of the mountain. Next snowmaking opportunity after the weekend looks like Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nice maybe just maybe a catskill area will be open the weekend of the 10th.

They need ~three days to get Hellgate open from top to bottom. If they start Tuesday (6th) and the work they do Friday (3rd) holds up, then Thursday is a real possibility. They got enough guns to create their own weather system...

We aren't opening here at Whitefish. I don't know where this La Nina stuff is hiding, but there is only 25 inches at the summit so far. Ridiculous!!! Some of the resorts south of us are open, but not here - they don't even have a "re-scheduled" date yet, because there is NOTHING in the forecast. My skis are tuned and ready and my locker and pass are set up, but....we are just waiting.

It's probably something to do with the lack of a bonfire to Ullr at the Pray for Snow party this year....

Don't know if you're talking 01-02 or 02-03, but I skied about the same amount each of those years, sort of amazing how identical they were. I see I started MUCH earlier in 02-03, though. Otherwise, same number of days and within 2000 vertical feet of each other...

fyi; accuweather just updated their 2011-2012 winter long range forecast.

looks like PA is going to be stormy with slightly above average temps (with some cold snaps here and there). most of the storms will track inland, leaving the I-95 corridor SOL.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/accuweathercom-20112012-winter-1/58451

Bell could probably open Onteora this weekend with the temps tonight and tomorrow... SR is in heavy resurfacing mode tonight... Went out today for a couple runs and they made snow up top all day... It was wet, but it was snow... They are resurfacing everything that was open (South Ridge really needs it), and also trying to expand to Spruce for the weekend... Its an upper mountain lift, so that was getting love all day also... With the temps tomorrow night I expect that they may try for some further expansion...