Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Looking like the week before Christmas up in Vermont might be a bust if this weather keeps up. Need the beginner/intermediate trails to be open for the wife.

Or maybe I found my way to go without her. Hmmm.....

That's really the best way. I go to VT right after the New Years crowd leaves. It's usually pretty empty.

Dumping in Vermont. Almost a foot new at Kmart.

I checked the KZone, and one of the members said it was medium to high density, and was not wet... Not ideal base building snow, but not the worst... Hopefully winter will really kick in after this next little hiccup... If you wanted to WROD it this year at KMart GSS, today would have been a good day lol

Stowe is the best in the east and I probably have 250 days in there..2nd to Blue. I just figure if I'm gonna take several days off work I might as well go west. I drop about $1,000 on a five day trip to Stowe and closer to $2,000 on a trip out west so maybe I'll hit Stowe. The last two trips there conditions were pretty bad...terrain is very good for the east but wow does the place track up fast.

Where does Jay Peak fit in those rankings? Remember how much better conditions were at Jay than Stowe that April!

That's because it snowed that morning...Stowe is consistently steeper top to bottom, has better lifts and way more off the map tree skiing.

I might head up to Whiteface for the nsmountainsports summit. I haven't skied there since 1997.

i've never skied anywhere in NY but i hear that Whiteface can be fun.

My high school ski club went there twice and we stayed in Plattsburgh. The first trip it snowed about 6 inches and it was some of the first powder I had skied as when I wasnt driving age I needed to rely on others and suffered sloppy seconds or didn't venture into the woods or off piste. The second trip it was icy. Whiteface averages less natural snowfall than the Green mountain spine due to being farther from the ocean..less snow from Noreasters..ask Nastar Glenn about Whiteface..he loves it up there so does Moe Ghoul.

It actually doesn't get as much upslope either, which is what really knocks down on snowfall... Nor Easters are only part of the battle... The Green Mountains get more upslope and Nor Easters, so they are definitely the sweet spot. Sunday River is closer to the coast, but farther away from the Great Lakes, and barely receives any lake effect...

You'll love Plattekill.

Plattekill is awesome... No two ways around it... Basically Elk Mountain with more steeps, no rules, and about 100 inches more snowfall a year...

:glare: They're about the same vert...but I'll take Elk's top to bottom "flow" over the two ski areas stacked on top of each flow at Sno.

elk is about 70 ft shorter....but i totally agree that elk skis waay nicer than montage. elk is def my favorite mtn in pa.

Elk and Montage are both 1,000 vert..Elk is way higher..bring Oxygen..half a mile high at the peak..I'm outta here..

Elk definitely has some of the best elevation in the pokes and endless mtn regions... If they had an upper mountain setup, they could open pretty early lol

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but take a look @ contour maps of elk mtn... the top is at 2640-something feet. the bottoms of the D & E lifts are at 1700-something @ best. the 1600 ft contour is way past the parking lot & pond.

there's no way that elk is anywhere close to 1,000 ft they claim, unless the contour maps are wrong.....just sayin'.

btw...this warm weather def needs to get on out of here!

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but take a look @ contour maps of elk mtn... the top is at 2640-something feet. the bottoms of the D & E lifts are at 1700-something @ best. the 1600 ft contour is way past the parking lot & pond.

there's no way that elk is anywhere close to 1,000 ft they claim, unless the contour maps are wrong.....just sayin'.

btw...this warm weather def needs to get on out of here!

Oh yeah, we've heard this all before... I've never really gotten in on the elevation contours blah blah blah... Doesn't mean I don't believe you, I've just never gotten in depth with it... That being said, I'll take a continuous 950 rather than a mid mountain road block any day... If they want to call it 1,000, Im not going to complain... Still fun as hell... Looks like decent cold weather may set in after Monday... Finally...

Looks like my first days on skis will be killington on Dec 9th the way the weather is looking around here

Hopefully there will be something rideable around here by then... They had a massive terrain expansion yesterday, but killington is still a tough sell until they get another peak or so open... It will be fun, but they will just fill in the terrain on Snowdon and Killington Peak which just won't be spread out...