Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Your best bet might be driving up Friday evening and staying overnight near blue.

Yeah, I thought of that. But I have to shovel out the Mrs...

I will be at blue this Friday and probably leave before it gets good. Saturday is Tbd. Winds are going to be sick. If the storm is a fast mover I may get to blue for a sloppy evening session. But currently not progged to move that fast. Probably come back on Sunday so it's lookin like I'm missing the goods

Yeah, I thought of that. But I have to shovel out the Mrs...

I will be at blue this Friday and probably leave before it gets good. Saturday is Tbd. Winds are going to be sick. If the storm is a fast mover I may get to blue for a sloppy evening session. But currently not progged to move that fast. Probably come back on Sunday so it's lookin like I'm missing the goods

Well you got your powder at mad river glen so you're good. Right now working with airlines and central reservations to fly out to Jackson hole before the storm.

How clear do they keep the hill going up to Blue, then back down towards the lower lot? From BMDI up? That looks like it could get nasty. 

The way up during a snowstorm is usually a cluster-F.

People with inadequate vehicles getting stuck end up blocking the way for those that have no problems in the snow.

Sometimes it's better to take the long-way round through Palmerton.

People with inadequate vehicles getting stuck end up blocking the way for those that have no problems in the snow.

So would in your opinion the Lehighton exit be best bet for this Sat am instead of LV?

• Like 1

So would in your opinion the Lehighton exit be best bet for this Sat am instead of LV?

Thinking about it, it might make sense to take the Lehighton exit.

The turnpike will have more traffic and be better cared for.

If you take 248 into Palmerton, it's also got more traffic, so should be better as well.

Finally, you're coming in the backside and you avoid the possible Mountain Drive shit-show, unless you're into that...

Downside is a bit longer drive on turnpike and higher toll.

As with any drive in the snow though, it's a crap shoot as you never know when someone else has had a bad go of it.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

Probably told this story here before, but I was hit and totaled by a liftie doing donuts once at blue.  On my way in the gate on the access road and look over to see a crappy old car sliding straight for me.  I still went skiing that day.