Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Like the beer stand? Whats your name

I might stop by to say whats up and get some more dessert.

Those spinach cheese roll things are banging

did you go back? i was there until 1:30, I only had loukemades - fried dough balls drenched in honey with cinnamon. the lines for everything else were too long and i was afraid i'd start a riot if i tried to back door it

The taxes on the arena were $3.2 million. That is a tough pill for a minor league hockey team to swallow. The whole point of those redevelopment zones are the tax breaks to help offset development costs. Otherwise, they would go elsewhere for those tax breaks. It's a necessary evil. Those breaks will end at some point down the road once they are locked in and before their lease is up.

verizon should fire all the striking union workers and hire the replacement scabs instead. at least the scabs actually work hard for a living

Has absolutely nothing to do with the weather, but I agree. Breaking strikes by hiring scabs has always been part of the process. It proves that people are willing to work those jobs at a lower wage. If the Verizon workers hold out too long and those scabs become fully trained, they may very well lose their jobs.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the weather, but I agree. Breaking strikes by hiring scabs has always been part of the process. It proves that people are willing to work those jobs at a lower wage. If the Verizon workers hold out too long and those scabs become fully trained, they may very well lose their jobs.

Why do you seem to think this is a good thing ?

Why do you seem to think this is a good thing ?

Not necessarily a good thing, but the risk they take by striking for an extended period of time.

Unions can be both a blessing and a curse. I am all for collective bargaining to obtain fair wages and benefits, but OutCold is currently at a convention where they can't even plug in their displays without a unionized electrician to plug the cord into the wall. That seems a little extreme to me.