Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

That's crazy that they were closed. This snow that we received had to be skied immediately. It's settling and freezing so no longer powder.

Mountain Creek didn't open today either. They are opening tomorrow at noon and are leaving their steeper runs ungroomed. Gonna be some mad brick at da creek.

Jay peak got over three feet. I have a feeling it's pretty solid now at blue. Everything froze hard. My car was entombed drove it into an unplowed spot and it immediately got stuck but I shoveled it out this morning. Roads are worse than yesterday.

In Allentown 13.7" at the airport as of 2pm yesterday so maybe they squeaked out 14-15"

Elk got 35" in the last 48 hours. Base went from 24"-36" to 56"-65".

After spending the last two days plowing, shoveling, and just plain b++ching about the 24" I got in Western Schuylkill County, I'm headed to the Elk Cabin to deal with the conditions there tomorrow. Our driveway is about 400 yards long and downhill across an open field. I'm expecting some 4' drifts. Just getting to the snow blower is going to be an adventure...

But skiing this Friday through next Friday will be awesome!

• Like 1

Elk got 35" in the last 48 hours. Base went from 24"-36" to 56"-65".

After spending the last two days plowing, shoveling, and just plain b++ching about the 24" I got in Western Schuylkill County, I'm headed to the Elk Cabin to deal with the conditions there tomorrow. Our driveway is about 400 yards long and downhill across an open field. I'm expecting some 4' drifts. Just getting to the snow blower is going to be an adventure...

But skiing this Friday through next Friday will be awesome!

Do you have somebody to plow your driveway

Do you have somebody to plow your driveway

I used to drive my plow from home. It was at least a 2.5 hour drive one-way and tough on the front suspension. So, ten years ago I began taking my John Deere garden tractor up with a 54" snow blower. That became the perfect tool. It fits in the one car garage/wood shed and throws the snow 25' off the driveway. Often times with the plow, I'd end up with no more room to push the snow and with the banks alongside the drive, any drifting snow would quickly fill up the driveway.

Last year I made an enclosure with a golf cart rain cover to make the job more comfortable. I made it without telling any of my regular crew about it. Got lot's of chuckles out of that one.

Edit to add; I checked Elks present conditions and they are now saying they received 30" of snow.(?). This morning's report said they got 20" in the last 24 hours and yesterdays' report said 15" in last 24 hours. 20 + 15 = 35 right?

• Like 1

Bummed it is looking like a rainy weekend starting Friday through Tuesday. Maybe a let up on Saturday to get some turns in.

Makes April seem a lot less promising and has me wondering if a bunch of PA resorts may throw in the towel on the skison.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski