Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEkLIlDN3UI

Eh, if I'm gonna hike, I'd want to get more very about it. Ive heard of some places up in Sussex

A cemetery would be unorthodox, but I guess it would be similar to glades? Only GSS would think of that one... I may try to get some type of uphill setup for early and late season once I'm permanently at the Bush...

Pretty moderate temps in the forecast...mid-high 40s and mid-high 30's at night. We need a good 12-15 degree temp drop in the next two or three weeks :ph34r:

I haven't taken a look back at the average temps for the pocono area, but I think the high temps are fairly in line with the long term averages. The lows are a little higher than normal. Temps for Blakeslee will be fairly consistent over the next 10 days, but only tonight through Friday seem to be good enough to blow any snow. With the lows being around freezing for the 7 days after that, I just don't see it being good enough for them to waste money on blowing snow. However, ski resorts don't always seem to do the most logical things early season. Temps look similar in NE, but higher elevation peaks should still be able to make snow at night and hopefully get the ball rolling on a decent Thanksgiving. Killington is right on the cusp of being t2b, and SR is already there. However, neither has beginner terrain available and will be looking to get to a different base area for beginner operations by T-Day. All of this seems to be the norm for the past couple years, so hopefully the Pokes will open up on a normal schedule in early December.

I'm definitely not worried. I'll be back on the snow working next Monday. Temps look good to keep the snow SR has made, if not expand the offerings. As I said before, temps are average and should continue to drop. Imagine that, I'm not worried about the lack of cold or open resorts.

I just found out that Killington is t2b as of tomorrow and should be for the rest of the season. Snowdon lift won't be open tomorrow, but should be for Friday and Saturday. I would still take some runs off the K-1 t2b. Ticket prices are going to increase from $39 to $49 for the extra 800 ft of vert. That's definitely worth the cost in my book. IIRC, Jeff and GSS went for t2b opening weekend for $65 a couple years ago. And there won't be any crowds tomorrow.

Winter is on it's way. It should be creeping southward anytime now...

• Like 1

happy turkey day! i'm liking the forecast for next week.....cold! wish it had snow in there, but hey...at least local mtns will be able to make snow :)

That's good to hear!!! We are anticipating a quick expansion once this next cold front hits SR on Saturday... Just got off the mountain... Typical early season fun... Better than nothing!!! I hope BB has something for you guys by next weekend...

Go ahead, lets hear it... Its only November 16th and the real winter season hasn't started yet... Well I don't want to fucking hear it anymore... This up and down weather is cramping my style... If it would even stick to the long term averages then we would be skiing and riding at several mountains by now... Its cold a couple days, then warm a week... I am obviously going through some serious snowboarding withdraw right now... There is hope in the ten day forecast... If it holds then maybe some PA mountains will be open the first weekend in December... Maybe... Why does Northeast weather suck so bad right now!!!

Rant Done... Think Cold... Pray Snow...

Change your tampon. This is NEPA, the weather is always random as fuck, get used to it, it's not going to change. You're really whining like a bitch, find another hobby or something. If you really want to make a difference why don't you just die and take your complaints to God because you'd have a better chance changing the weather that way.

• Like 1

Doing some batch cooking to take meals up to VT and stock the freezer. Made a big batch of my own version of shit on a shingle. Cabbage soup next, maybe a lamb or beef stew and deep fried turkey later this week. Haven't even been following local weather here, I get local VT channels in Philly since September. Much healthier for the stoke market. There's a pretty good likelihood I wont post a single day of skiing in PA this season. It'll either have to be one of those rare day or 2 where Ma Nature delivers or things are bad in the NEK

BEST LASAGNA ON THE MOUNTAIN!!! Even looks like a high altitude view of a mountain range!

post-2366-0-30190000-1353859763_thumb.jpg

Edited by moe ghoul

Moe the batch cooking sounds like a good idea. You're prob 45 minutes to the closest Taco Bell. The shit on shingles will remind u of the Blue mountain drive inn minus the girl with the onion booty and herpes

Moe are you on Facebook? On Facebook piston pictures of food is all the rage.

Very limited FB for me. My SOS uses ground beef, mushrooms, onion, sour cream for starters. Curry/Cumin for a bolder taste. Nuthin like a strong curry breath for 1st chair in the AM!!

TOPT for SOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBj5iTRYZxI

On topic: Flat light, light breeze in chilly Philly.......

Edited by moe ghoul
  • Like 1

Change your tampon. This is NEPA, the weather is always random as fuck, get used to it, it's not going to change. You're really whining like a bitch, find another hobby or something. If you really want to make a difference why don't you just die and take your complaints to God because you'd have a better chance changing the weather that way.

Whoa dude, that post is like two years old... Relax... I think we all realize that the weather is all over the place this time of year... I'm riding pretty much every day right now... No complaints... Not bitching either... I didn't mean to upset you...

And there's some natural coming this week for you guys in PA... I hope you get something open so you can ski it... Or earn it...

Whoa dude, that post is like two years old... Relax... I think we all realize that the weather is all over the place this time of year... I'm riding pretty much every day right now... No complaints... Not bitching either... I didn't mean to upset you...

And there's some natural coming this week for you guys in PA... I hope you get something open so you can ski it... Or earn it...

Just shut up man and change your tampon.... Gahd

• Like 2