Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I see Sunday 44 chance of rain but cool again next week. This seems like better than normal weather for this time of year.

I'd be curious to hear the decision making process on how much to make, what to open, etc. Is it worth the expense to step up the the game the way the management has been making improvements, maybe make the statement that we make more snow than others or, lets make just enough to limp into the weekend since the rain is going to cut attendance, and if heavy enough close the place, so why bother wasting the money on a washout, save it for next week.

I'd be curious to hear the decision making process on how much to make, what to open, etc. Is it worth the expense to step up the the game the way the management has been making improvements, maybe make the statement that we make more snow than others or, lets make just enough to limp into the weekend since the rain is going to cut attendance, and if heavy enough close the place, so why bother wasting the money on a washout, save it for next week.

I think their plan which they have executed was to resurface the existing 18 trails that are open and then expand terrain terrain. Razors edge is the priority due to the race team and scheduled races. Blue is a snowmaking powerhouse. If it was supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend with a chance of meatballs they'd still blow snow balls to the walls...and you better believe I'd be walking around with a hoagie roll making a meatball sangwich...

There's also a possibility that it ends up with a ice crusted slop, which is good for the long game.

Ice covered slop doesn't matter that much for the long game. Pumping out manmade snow is. Manmade snow is much more resilient than what falls from the sky. Any precipitation that falls this weekend is expected to be light to moderate as well. It's irrelevant with the cold for the next three days combined with next weeks cold.

I think their plan which they have executed was to resurface the existing 18 trails that are open and then expand terrain terrain. Razors edge is the priority due to the race team and scheduled races. Blue is a snowmaking powerhouse. If it was supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend with a chance of meatballs they'd still blow snow balls to the walls...and you better believe I'd be walking around with a hoagie roll making a meatball sangwich...

I'm jonesin to ski, gonna shoot for late next week for a Blue trip

Ice covered slop doesn't matter that much for the long game. Pumping out manmade snow is. Manmade snow is much more resilient than what falls from the sky. Any precipitation that falls this weekend is expected to be light to moderate as well. It's irrelevant with the cold for the next three days combined with next weeks cold.

Yeah, no argument there, but slop with ice crust is a net, not a loss, and every little bit helps, even if they can reduce the amount they make from the natural stuff.

Nice, is the BMDI open weekdays? I'd like to see whose pregnant again this season.

Nice, is the BMDI open weekdays? I'd like to see whose pregnant again this season.

Open everyday except XMAS and New Years and no pregnant ones this year and I will say that the BMDI waitresses never age. Just be something in the water.

Ro

Thanks for that update Moe!!!!! I'm currently feeling farty!!!

Me, too! We had chili last night. I love the smell of chili farts in the morning! That was replaced with Napalm last minute in the movie! True story! Hermans were shook over that one!

Apocalypse-Now3.jpg

is sunday gonna be a washout?

Hazardous Weather Outlook

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOKNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ400 AM EST FRI JAN 2 2015NJZ001-PAZ054-055-030900-SUSSEX-CARBON-MONROE-400 AM EST FRI JAN 2 2015THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN NEW JERSEY ANDNORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA..DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME..DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.A PERIOD SNOW AND SLEET SATURDAY AFTERNOON SHOULD QUICKLY CHANGETO A PERIOD OF FREEZING RAIN BY EARLY SATURDAY EVENING, THENCHANGE TO PLAIN RAIN SATURDAY NIGHT AS TEMPERATURES GRADUALLYRISE. WHILE THE SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BELIGHT, HAZARDOUS TRAVEL MAY DEVELOP BY SATURDAY EVENING.

This one's called Frona.

Edited by moe ghoul