Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

no i have been not following the storm, thats why i was asking. i dont follow the weather, i read what you guys have to say about it and then tell people what i heard as if it was my own analysis. i thought blue had a chance at some nice accumlulating snow closer to wedsnesday

At least your honest.
  • Like 1

once again....pa gets screwed out of a good storm.

Not necessarily this storm is incredibly long duration a solid 36-48 hours...don't be surprised with 6-10"+ totals for the poconos.

I'd rather it start as rain and end as snow than vice versa...I also won't be surprised if its raining tomorrow night in the valley and snowing on the summit cam at Blue..

Also the Catskills and green mountains are gonna get dumped on...

I believe this storm is named Damon and its gonna be a real Demon...buckle your seatbelts boys and girls looks like this ski season is gonna be a bumpy ride.

Not necessarily this storm is incredibly long duration a solid 36-48 hours...don't be surprised with 6-10"+ totals for the poconos.

I'd rather it start as rain and end as snow than vice versa...I also won't be surprised if its raining tomorrow night in the valley and snowing on the summit cam at Blue..

Also the Catskills and green mountains are gonna get dumped on...

I believe this storm is named Damon and its gonna be a real Demon...buckle your seatbelts boys and girls looks like this ski season is gonna be a bumpy ride.

we'll see....all I know is that i'm not getting any snow down here. 

its barely raining. i thought this storm was gonna be a monsoon of epic proportions, not a mist falling from the ksy

You are a little far west TP4 in freehold NJ there already been 2" of rain...anyway this is a 48 hour storm be patient.

we'll see....all I know is that i'm not getting any snow down here.

Haven't seen you since opening day at Blue. Where've u been hiding?

• Like 1

That thanksgiving storm was pretty dense up here, but not super wet. There was some poaching on the usual suspects, but overall there was less than expected given our current open terrain is minimal. We lost most of that snow the following week.

We got about 5" of wintry mix here on Saturday. That was on top of about 6" throughout the week from upslope snow showers. It was mostly rain at Killington, so we dodged a bullet. It never really changed to rain or freezing rain, but the dense snow/sleet/gropple combo really laid down a nice base. There was a bunch of poaching on Murphy's, Birdland, Domino, and Spillsville, all of which opened up on Sunday with Thin Cover signs. They have minimal undergrowth, so while there were some rocks and grass, they were more than skiable and had no icy base. Really nice on rock skis.

I went out today from 11:00-1:30 and it was just starting to snow when I arrived. It's definitely a wet snow, which is great for our off piste stuff, but it isn't very floaty. It's the right type of snow for this time of the season. They are calling for 12"+ on the spine of the Greens all the way from Magic Mountain northward. There was about 2" by the time I left, and it's coming down hard. Could top out over 2' at the top through Friday. I'm leaving Thursday. This should refresh the natural stuff we have open and lay a great base for the woods. I heard they will be opening some more terrain tomorrow on natural snow.

Edited by Ride Delaware ?
  • Like 1

and somewhere between a fuckton, and a metric fuckton of rain.

Wow just wow and I just did my best VTMark laugh hahahaha

so are you saying they are gonna close wednesday (tomorrow) on me for the 2nd time this season already?

They'll be open tomorrow it will be snowing at Blue tomorrow in the morning and at night but prolly only a few inches. Dress warm its gonna be super windy.

That thanksgiving storm was pretty dense up here, but not super wet. There was some poaching on the usual suspects, but overall there was less than expected given our current open terrain is minimal. We lost most of that snow the following week.

We got about 5" of wintry mix here on Saturday. That was on top of about 6" throughout the week from upslope snow showers. It was mostly rain at Killington, so we dodged a bullet. It never really changed to rain or freezing rain, but the dense snow/sleet/gropple combo really laid down a nice base.

Graupel

• Like 1

Looks like about 9-10" right now. I'm not patrolling tomorrow. Did a 12 out of 13 stint ending this past Sunday, so I'm doing some free riding days before I leave.

This storm is going to be elevation based, so I fully expect it to change to rain at some point tomorrow at the lower elevations while it stays frozen in nature up top. Either way, it's going to be a net gain and very good for the base.

Local channel already reporting 14" at K-Mart.

• Like 1