Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

All I have been thinking about is what if all this rain from the past two weeks was snow.  Thanks Obama.

We get alot more rain than snow in this part of PA...has nothing to do with Obama. I sometimes wish I was poor so Obama would give me free stuff. Whenever I see someone with a crapass smartphone, I either ask them what kind of iPhone it is or,"is that an Obama phone" yuk yuk yuk

Some flurries in the air.

We get alot more rain than snow in this part of PA...has nothing to do with Obama. I sometimes wish I was poor so Obama would give me free stuff. Whenever I see someone with a crapass smartphone, I either ask them what kind of iPhone it is or,"is that an Obama phone" yuk yuk yuk

Some flurries in the air.

You crayballs yo

RideDE are you familiar with the traverse on the long trail from the top of heavens gate to the top of Castlerock...might be fucking sick

This snow would not be amenable for touring. It's super wet and dense and not floaty. Lots of stickiness. Great base building snow, but not great for much else.

It snowed about 11" at my condo at 1,700' with 14" plus for the mid station up. I think the wetness down here really compacted the snowfall totals since the base was reporting only 8". I'll have a quick trip report later, but it basically sleeted/frozen misted while I was at the mountain. I got back and cleaned my car off and it started dumping again. They are expecting 4"-8" more tonight with more tomorrow thru Saturday. A bunch of stuff opened today on natural snow, and with 25" now in the past week, things are really looking up. There were some thin spots, but even the snowmaking trails that opened on natural looked good. I think we are up to 40 some trails now, and with the temps looking to be around freezing for the next week, I think we should be able to build on this.

I'll be driving home to pick up a buddy tomorrow (after some quick turns of course), then back to Elk this weekend for a little ski trip with some high school friends. Anybody know what they got up there out of this?

When will Blue be t2b?

Hopefully before the holidays. Looks a little thin still on homestretch. Maybe some snowmaking tomorrow night could make this weekend a possibility...no real addition terrain though just tuts lane to connect the top of the six pack to lazy and Main Street and shuttle homestretch and the falls. The six pack will eliminate lift lines though.

So deeeeeeeeeeeeeep..........shitshow in the notch, 14"+ base building, thigh crushing surfy wet snow, and we got at least 6" of pow since dinner. Perfect set up for dawn patrol. Everything is pretty much in at Smuggs. Glad I didn't have to break trail for the skin track. Dry slotting right now, power out for the past 2 hours, got the genny running some important stuff and the the burning would is keepin it toasty. No pix from me but there are a few from today on the ECRC. My iPhone battery is almost dead, needs multiple charges.. Usually dead by the time I get to the top of the hill. So much snooooooowwww...

• Like 5

I heard the snow up north is surfy!!!! Wow just wow of do any of y'all like the Beach Boys!!! I know that if everybody had an ocean across the USA that everybody'd be surfing across the USA...good thing I'm a skier cause I'm not that good at swimming. SMHerman!!!post-512-0-95540600-1418281660_thumb.jpgpost-512-0-34089600-1418281680_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

It's deeper. Another easy 6 overnite, everything is in, b-day bowls, plan B, backside of sterling. Still snowing sweet lite powder right now. Fiddlehead IPAand their double IPA, volcano bags, all good. dawn patrol in 9 hours, and finish off with Madonna lift opening. VT skiing at its finest. Even hot tubbing après with the season pass! Relax, jealousy is ugly. :)

• Like 3

It's deeper. Another easy 6 overnite, everything is in, b-day bowls, plan B, backside of sterling. Still snowing sweet lite powder right now. Fiddlehead IPAand their double IPA, volcano bags, all good. dawn patrol in 9 hours, and finish off with Madonna lift opening. VT skiing at its finest. Even hot tubbing après with the season pass! Relax, jealousy is ugly. :)

Sounds good hippie..how long are you staying up there???

so jealous right now. I need to get an AT setup and travel more to get the goods.
  • Like 1

Got back last night, didn't get much overnite Friday, maybe an inch or 2 up top, upslope didn't really materialize. Did a run down to the notch road in untracked pow and a couple runs off the MAdonna1 lift. They opened it up about 45 minutes late, first day for the season. Shakedown and Dempsey was bottomless fluff. I need new goggles and flat light gets harder for me each season. Finished up with a run off Sterling down Pipeline to the upper lot and hit the road. Bummed I had to leave, but 3 legit pow days, 1 dense snow day, and a coupla groomer days worked for me. Legs are toast. Blue is on deck for a morning session next week. Still any McSnow there?

• Like 1