Feels Like Fall Out There

OutCold

Sickbird. Super stoked. Gotta start saving up for skis and Blue pass

I thought you put ski related stuff and trips on plastic? That being said, it only got under 70 in the wee hours last night, so AC was still on, but it is off now, and I felt a slight chill when I first went outside this morning...

Ride Deleware where in New England are u looking for work?

Well, unfortunately for me, the certification I will be receiving, is not universally accepted by all resorts (which I knew). Most resorts accept EMT or OEC. I have no time for EMT, and there are no OEC classes where I live. I am looking at several places. Loon, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Sugarbush, and KMart all accept WFR (although KMart requires OEC past WFR and will enroll you in a course to become certified). I am looking right now at Sunday River and possibly Sugarbush. Sunday River seems to have more people my age, and it is centrally located to a bunch of other good mountains. Not to mention, I love the place. If I score a job up there, then I will probably take a winter OEC course so I can be certified at more places next year.

Well, unfortunately for me, the certification I will be receiving, is not universally accepted by all resorts (which I knew). Most resorts accept EMT or OEC. I have no time for EMT, and there are no OEC classes where I live. I am looking at several places. Loon, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Sugarbush, and KMart all accept WFR (although KMart requires OEC past WFR and will enroll you in a course to become certified). I am looking right now at Sunday River and possibly Sugarbush. Sunday River seems to have more people my age, and it is centrally located to a bunch of other good mountains. Not to mention, I love the place. If I score a job up there, then I will probably take a winter OEC course so I can be certified at more places next year.

Sounds like a great deal ride. Get someone else to pay for it. Better watch out telling people where you'll be though don't want anyone from this crew showing up. Road trip anybody??

If things go the way they are looking now, I'll be at SR... I haven't looked at accommodations yet, so I don't know if I have any spare beds, but if I pass the course and get hired, I'll start looking ASAP...

On a different note, do any of you find it weird that we haven't really seen any resorts announce their improvements yet? We usually see that in late July to mid August... But nothing into September? Huge buzzkill...

Ahahahaha resort improvements...isn't Elk planting trees. I thought brochures don't come out until September. Usually in ski magazines the September issue is equipment and October is resorts so it won't be long. With the way the economy is I wouldn't expect alot. Stowe is replacing the forerunner quad which is about 25 years old and I think Mount Snow is putting in a six pack. Blue needs to replace the main street and Burma chairs with a high speed quad. Elk, bear creek, Sno and Jack frost also need faster lifts. It's not the 80s anymore.

the doubles at blue actually make sense though. most days they don't need the capacity of a quad there. it's really only on crowded weekends and first thing during the season before the lower lodge opens when there's ever a line there. i'd imagine that financially, it makes a lot more sense to only have to run a double chair than a high speed quad.

the doubles at blue actually make sense though. most days they don't need the capacity of a quad there. it's really only on crowded weekends and first thing during the season before the lower lodge opens when there's ever a line there. i'd imagine that financially, it makes a lot more sense to only have to run a double chair than a high speed quad.

It would also be different if their early season off the main street double was more prolonged like at K-Mart... They run the NRT for like 3 weeks now before they open to the bottom... Sometimes Blue gets there 2 or 3 days later... I feel like a hsq would be absolutely overkill... Half the days or more they don't run the right double...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

I just checked the archives... Sunday River tested their snowmaking equipment October 9, 2010... Killington started snowmaking in earnest for an opening October 13, 2010... Just over a month and a week away... And for those that don't know, I am not complaining... Yet!!!

I'm making a prediction that Blue will announce as an improvement that ski patrol will be equipped with brand new radar guns this year for speed patrol on Paradise & Burma Road.

dont forget the vascar patrolled signs and speed enforced by aircraft signs for superior speed control! :banghead