2012 Ski Mag rankings -

RidgeRacer

Yeah I know it's Bullshit but it means ski season is near. I can't find the Best of the East on their site.

1: Deer Valley, Utah

2: Vail, Colorado

3: Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia

4: Snowmass, Colorado

5: Sun Valley, Idaho

6: Park City Mountain Resort, Utah

7: Beaver Creek, Colorado

8: Steamboat, Colorado

9: Breckenridge, Colorado

10: Telluride, Colorado

11: Aspen Mountain, Colorado

12: Jackson Hole, Wyoming

13: Heavenly, California

14: Winter Park, Colorado

15: Crested Butte, Colorado

16: Canyons, Utah

17: Mammoth Mountain, California

18: Copper Mountain, Colorado

19: Aspen Highlands, Colorado

20: Snowbird, Utah

there's only two missing from my "bucket list" #10 and #15, and we are planning on scratching them off the list this year :yes

29th annual stag trip coming up.

BTW our top three are Whistler, Sun Valley, and Arapahoe Basin (not even listed)

Edited by rummy

Both lists are obviously supposed to reflect the needs of the magazines target audience, how nice are the restaurants, bathrooms and valets factoring as much as the terrain and conditions. If you fit the demographic you would probably agree with the list, if all you care about is skiing/riding, it makes no sense. Pointless exercise in my humble opinion.

camelback takes it for the 2010-2011 season. i was up there with Root one day and scared as hell of half the stuff they 'groomed'.... and that's with years of training on Blue's crap.

From about 10am to 10:30 it was great. By 11 it was sticky. But they were open, and Blue wasn't. Gotta love the Camelback locals though, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's the East: 1. Tremblant, Quebec 2. Stowe, VT 3. Smuggler's Notch, VT 4. Okemo, VT 5. Whiteface, NY 6. Stratton, VT 7. Killington, VT 8. Sunday River, ME 9. Sugarbush, VT 10. Bretton Woods, NH

Gotta give the list a thumbs-down. I get the whole family-friendly thing, but no Sugarloaf, Jay or MRG? Never been to Bretton Woods, but I can't believe it is better than the three I listed. Stratton???? Thanks a joke! No way it should be in the top 20, let alone 10.