Nice write up about Sno

Sno Mountain Skier

I don't think anyone here is actually hoping for the end of Sno but lets be frank Sno doesn't have the best track record. The not having the electricity on deal is not a sign of a healthy bottom line particularly when your leasing land to a 3rd party that requires electricity. This isn't anyone here's first ride on the merry go round, I hope they got some $$ and the place actually makes money but I wouldn't invest that's for sure.

For you sake I hope they make dump trucks full of money and I'm dead before Sno is.

Hahahaha..I've been riding that Merry-go-Round for 7 seasons now and I'm pretty much willing to bet the house it's more of a snafu in billing or other issues that shut the power off.....when is the last time you tried to get your power company to do something fast to straighten out a mess.."press one for english..press 2 for Spanish"?!

Anyway..back to what is left of the bike season!

Hahahaha..I've been riding that Merry-go-Round for 7 seasons now and I'm pretty much willing to bet the house it's more of a snafu in billing or other issues that shut the power off.....when is the last time you tried to get your power company to do something fast to straighten out a mess.."press one for english..press 2 for Spanish"?!

Anyway..back to what is left of the bike season!

You need to take the blinders off if you don't believe they are having cash problems.

• Like 2

@Ride... I grew up in NEPA. anyone who's from that area knows that there is widespread corruption up there. I'm not saying that there is that kind of activity going on, only that I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that way.

@kcski... thanks for the breakdown. the times-leader/tribune def aren't the pillars of journalism...so it doesn't suprise me that they use their newspaper status to complain about stuff that doesn't go their way. ya for the drive-by media ;)

• Like 1

Meh, every year it happens..and...every year the place does better.

As far as the rest of it...I'm not going to speculate, but obviously the lights are on and stuff is getting done..although..not today as it's raining..again.

This is a ridiculous statement. It's raining so everyone stopped working? No wonder that place is struggling. Everyone at JFBB is super busy despite the rain.

well i was gonna comment on how ripped the LSA guy looks.

i really couldnt care less about sno. its turned into one big shit show. will it close, wont it close, why are the lights turned off on the merry go round...

if you guys really cared about it youd stop talking about how you think its a shame and just go fuckin ski there sometimes.

This is a ridiculous statement. It's raining so everyone stopped working? No wonder that place is struggling. Everyone at JFBB is super busy despite the rain.

camelkidsresort.gif

It'll be open, no one from the Blue Crue will venture up to this exit of the turnpike, and I'll get to tear up the sick woods runs and catch my hair on fire on Cannonball and hardly have to deal with piles and piles of gapers. Another great year on Montage Mountain.

I would imagine there are some pretty good low angled glades (on and off map) on the top half of the mountain. I would imagine there are some steeper glades too, but unless those are getting some overblow from the trails, I would imagine they don't get very good coverage.

are those pics from comps to claim "capacity"?

Nope...of course there are a few from the comps...but the majority of them are different weekends at different times of the day. I always have a camera on me as photography is my second hobby/profession.

If you guys do go up and want any pics, search me out..be more than happy to if I can break away..or after work.

Nope...of course there are a few from the comps...but the majority of them are different weekends at different times of the day. I always have a camera on me as photography is my second hobby/profession.

If you guys do go up and want any pics, search me out..be more than happy to if I can break away..or after work.

sounds good

You're right KC, they are swimming in the money!

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/sno-mountain-mired-in-debt-1.1224060#axzz1byjNKINC

Yeah, that sounds pretty bad. Much worse than having the electric turned off. They are even considering putting it up for sale? $1.5 million in back taxes? I'm guessing they don't have the dough in the bank or they would have paid the taxes. Where they going to pull that much cash out of their ass?

Yeah, that sounds pretty bad. Much worse than having the electric turned off. They are even considering putting it up for sale? $1.5 million in back taxes? I'm guessing they don't have the dough in the bank or they would have paid the taxes. Where they going to pull that much cash out of their ass?

I can't imagine anyone would give them new financing with their past record. By this time next year Sno will have a new owner or be closed.

I'd be scared to get a job there.....you might not get paid!

To save on employment costs, Sno should

invest in RFID scanners like Blue. Ticket checkers seem like a waste of money. Step it up Sno....high speed lifts...build fast lifts. It's 2011. People don't wanna pay $50 to ride slow ass'd lifts from the 80s.

Yeah, because every day i was at blue last season there was at least 3 employees standing around the scanner on the six pack.

From what I've seen, the RFID really doesn't cut down on employees. The old scanning system was pretty nice, but it was susceptible to poaching. I hope Sno pulls it out, but I think somebody will pick it up, especially with the waterpark at least being started. It will definitely be easier to get it running again with the investments they've made...