2011-2012 P.A.S.R. Utah Invasion thread....

phillycore

Dan and I have made it through the most hectic part of our journey, we're sitting in Phoenix waiting for our connection to SLC in about an hour and some change. Phillycore ease up on the PBRs. You need to pick us up in a few my friend. Can't wait to ski some powder at snowbird tomorrow.

A drunk Phillycore...lol..please take video. If he starts talking about loose women, it's a good story.

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

It has been dumping hardcore at Brighton since 11am, all rain below 7500ft so far..

Milly's has officially taken over as my #1 favorite spot on any mountain.... maybe it was the snow, or the skis, or who knows... it's F'N Awesome!!!

I no longer want to move to Colorado, or Tahoe.... Utah All F'N Day Bro!!

More later....

• Like 1

looks like tomorrow could be ok........

Posted by wasatchsnowcast ⋅ January 26, 2012

If you’re in northern Utah, you’ll notice the cloud coverage building over the area in advance of a cold front that will pass through the area this evening. This system is a change of luck for us because it was showing as going well north of the area a few days ago but models have been consistent now for the past two days in bringing the front through the area. Snow will start in the mountains around mid-day with rain developing in the valleys during the afternoon. Snow levels will fall this evening with but not before the bulk of the precip falls. This storm will favor areas to the north with Snowbasin and PowMow likely seeing a foot or more. The Cottonwoods will see 6-12″ with locally higher amounts. Park City resorts can expect 3-8″.

Good dynamics and fairly cold air will accompany the front so a period of heavy snow this afternoon and evening is likely at the resorts. Snow will diminish overnight giving way to what could be an awesome powder day tomorrow at all Utah resorts.

• Like 1

The Lightning ridge stuff is shorter but with more vert, sometimes you ski the Bird and look around and go "I'm not really all that good at this sport" so you go to Powder and ride the Powder Country bus and then you say "I'm really good at this sport" LOL

Sanctuary and Cobabe are flat as fuck, every time I want to go ride over there I spend 2hrs and then say fuck it I remember why I shouldn't come over here. That area gets sun long before Lighting so it can get kind of manky.

Titty sprinkles is 30" with the access road closed behind you, its a hamburger helper spicy fiesta call out in this video which also has an eaglelope that spits fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CfG_-JOlhM

Only Pow Mow, fucking love that place, sad I may not get there this year.

I <3 super top secret

Made the hour long trek out to Brighton for day 2. Got there at opening with front row parking to boot.

Got my lift ticket and headed out. I'm not going through all the runs and that crap today.

I spent a lot of time in the trees early on then dropped into Endless Winter which was mad steep and technical with a really narrow tree chute that dropped into an open bowl. I had to unclick in one spot due to thin cover to get over a fallen branch, it was hard as hell to click back in on such a narrow and steep chute but I managed to get er dunn...

Tons of trees, with lots of pow stashes and even found a few small drops which were actually fun. (normally I'm terrified of them, but with the snow and spots they were in it made it doable) It started dumping snow by around 11am and it kept everything fresh. Visability sucked at times, and the snow really pelted pretty hard as well while on the lifts.

My favorite by far was everything off of the Milly Express lift. Little Milly was so much fun and I could've just lapped it all day pretty much. (Well that and Devil's dip, and Chute 2)

I'll add some pix, and I did manage to take some gopro shit as well.. I'll upload something from that as well...

I bolted out at 2:30 and I'm getting ready to go to the airport to pick up the rest of the crew.... POW day tomorrow at Snowbird!!!

post-1572-0-74777100-1327624991_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-95257400-1327625020_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-01163100-1327625068_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-79026100-1327625082_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-06793600-1327625099_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-74777100-1327624991_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-95257400-1327625020_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-01163100-1327625068_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-79026100-1327625082_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-06793600-1327625099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Made the hour long trek out to Brighton for day 2. Got there at opening with front row parking to boot.

Got my lift ticket and headed out. I'm not going through all the runs and that crap today.

I spent a lot of time in the trees early on then dropped into Endless Winter which was mad steep and technical with a really narrow tree chute that dropped into an open bowl. I had to unclick in one spot due to thin cover to get over a fallen branch, it was hard as hell to click back in on such a narrow and steep chute but I managed to get er dunn...

Tons of trees, with lots of pow stashes and even found a few small drops which were actually fun. (normally I'm terrified of them, but with the snow and spots they were in it made it doable) It started dumping snow by around 11am and it kept everything fresh. Visability sucked at times, and the snow really pelted pretty hard as well while on the lifts.

My favorite by far was everything off of the Milly Express lift. Little Milly was so much fun and I could've just lapped it all day pretty much. (Well that and Devil's dip, and Chute 2)

I'll add some pix, and I did manage to take some gopro shit as well.. I'll upload something from that as well...

I bolted out at 2:30 and I'm getting ready to go to the airport to pick up the rest of the crew.... POW day tomorrow at Snowbird!!!

Brighton's trees are the tits

made it out to Utah. Our condo has a 3d tv and glasses. pimp. we are watching Sports Illustrated 3d right now. I feel like they are sitting here with me posting. more action than doug has gotten in years.

417440_581705700344_39300404_31920675_1116653780_n.jpg

Southwest. The classy way to fly.

417570_581705710324_39300404_31920676_1155290007_n.jpg

our ride for the week.

Edited by toast21602