2011-2012 P.A.S.R. Utah Invasion thread....

phillycore

26-31st. where are you skiing bob? and phillycore, legible is the key word there. toast absolutely will post. maybe we'll just communicate through PASR like we did in VT... toast, grab me a beer, please!

We are staying in Park City. Most likely skiing DV/Canyons/Alta/Snowbird.

Slopes should be empty during the film festival for you guys.

26-31st. where are you skiing bob? and phillycore, legible is the key word there. toast absolutely will post. maybe we'll just communicate through PASR like we did in VT... toast, grab me a beer, please!

heck yeah man.... I know the plan is to meet up at basin, powmow over the weekend but imo we all need a hangout night as well for the first true western pasr bar night whut whut...

Alta area

Hi 23 °F

fcst.jpg

Hazardous weather condition(s):

Today: Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 20 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Temperature rising to around 25 by 8pm. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 17 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. High near 30. Windy, with a west southwest wind between 21 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 26. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 21 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Breezy, with a west southwest wind between 15 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow. Low around 25. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 31. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Potential for 55 inches by Sunday. :wiggle

Potential for 55 inches by Sunday. :wiggle

hah...jh said the same thing in their daily report "There is a possibility of 2-4 inches of accumulation throughout the day with an extended forecast of up to 55 inches by Sunday night! Between now and Friday evening will be our window of heaviest snowfall accumulation."

heck yeah man.... I know the plan is to meet up at basin, powmow over the weekend but imo we all need a hangout night as well for the first true western pasr bar night whut whut...

FYI - there is jack shit to do in eden/huntsville/liberty area where we are staying aside from drinking.

• Like 1

Tonight: Snow. Low around 18. Southwest wind between 17 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. High near 26. Southwest wind around 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 21. Southwest wind between 14 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 24. West southwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow. Low around 21. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 24 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow. High near 29. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow. Low around 15. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday: Snow likely. Cloudy and blustery, with a high near 15.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy and breezy, with a low around 15.

Monday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 21.

Monday Night: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 16.

Tuesday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 23.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.

Wednesday: A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 24.

• Like 1

6 more days...... I swapped out Deer Valley in favor of the Canyons for my quick start day. Closer to the airport means more time to ski.... what what.....

great forecast! after last year's conditions, you guys deserve some pow

I don't know what you mean.... last year's conditions were pretty damn good out in steamboat.... ;-)

Be careful.

13-15% or 2" of water for 16", nothing ob would be my move not even USA bowl. Wind is light but sustained on ridges = inverted snow on shit and pockets of wind slab.

People are going to die this week, I would rather not know them.

not heading out until next thursday. first ski day is friday. it should give it some time to settle a bit. the good thing about Powder is that there really isnt much ob, unless you ski the cat, which i don't even know if that will be open. my only worry would be at Basin.

Be careful.

13-15% or 2" of water for 16", nothing ob would be my move not even USA bowl. Wind is light but sustained on ridges = inverted snow on shit and pockets of wind slab.

People are going to die this week, I would rather not know them.

A 25 year old woman died at Silverton last Sat. Sad.

Really excited for you guys! Hoping you'll get all the snow we didn't get over New Years...

If you want to eat in Park City, there is a great/fun pizza place right by I-80 (like if you are on your way back to SLC or something)--will find name--inexpensive and delish. Bistro 421 is a great meal, a little pricey, but not if you are looking for a nicer meal. High West Distillery has cool whiskey making tours at 3 and 4 pm I think and their food is great too, fun cocktails. The St. Regis has fun champagne at happy hour where they saber the bottle, which is always amusing. Sadly, I don't have much skiing stuff to share since it was all manmade and groomed when I was there:)

• Like 1